Robin Williams has died.

DaveyG
Chorus Member
Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
Broadway Star
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 07:07pm
I wonder how the cast of Aladdin (especially James Monroe Iglehart) are feeling right now...
Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 07:09pm
Wow. That came out of left field . What a loss

Prayers for him and his family.
Cynicism is an unpleasant way of saying the truth - Lillian Hellman.
luvcaroline Profile Photo
luvcaroline
Leading Actor
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 07:13pm
What a huge loss. This makes me very sad. Prayers to his family.
 Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
Broadway Legend
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 07:14pm
My god... That's horrible.

I pray for him and his family's loss. What a funny man he was.
taboo123 Profile Photo
taboo123
Broadway Legend
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 07:14pm
CRAZY
haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
Broadway Legend
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 07:22pm
What a loss, got to see him riff in small clubs in SF when he would work out material, and it was just phenomenal how quickly his mind could jump from one topic to another and back, and somehow he brought you along and you never missed a beat...
JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
Broadway Star
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 07:22pm
So sad. I met him once in San Francisco a couple years ago. I remember him being quite nice and generous with his time after a comedy performance in Golden Gate Park. Him having been a local man, I know several people who have met him or know him. All of them have fond memories of him as a person.

I think tonight I'll watch Hook in honor of him. One of my favorite movies of all time.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Williams
Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 07:24pm
Holy s*it, what a horrible loss. Rest in peace, sweet man.
Dilettante
Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 07:24pm
Beyond terrible, relative young.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury Playhouse) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III*** Here Lies Love**** The Vertical Hour**** Love Story***** Altar Boys*** Evita**** Next Fall***** Cat On A Hot Tin Roof***** (Tour: Royal Deansgate, Northampton) Memphis*** The Scottsboro Boys**** Shakespeare In Love* Neville's Island*** East Is East**** Evita**** Into The Woods*** Gypsy***** (Chichester) Billy Elliot***** Seminar*** Damn Yankees*** Teh Internet Is Serious Business***
oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
Leading Actor
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 07:28pm
I'm gutted. I know he has/had battled his demons, but this is devastating. His impact was so big and he touched so many people. Robin Williams never stopped delighting me, from being a little kid seeing Mrs. Doubtfire to seeing him on stage in Bengal Tiger.
disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
Broadway Legend
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 07:30pm
Dear God, in exchange of Justin Bieber & the Kardashians, can we have Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Cory Monteith, and now Robin Williams back?

I'm especially thinking of James M. Iglehart. He really wanted Robin to come and watch him. The poor guy :/ I'm betting his next Broadway.com vlog will be very sad.
Broadway Shows: Phantom of the Opera (January 2011), Mary Poppins (January 2011), Anything Goes (August 2011, W/ Sutton Foster, Joel Grey, and Laura Osnes), The Lion King (August 2011), Godspell (June 2012, W/ Corbin Bleu), Matilda the Musical (Original Broadway Cast, May 2013), Newsies (May 2013), Cinderella (W/ Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher, May 2014), and Aladdin (OBC, May 2014). Pre-Broadway: If/Then (November 2013/World Premiere, W/ Idina Menzel, LaChanze, and Anthony Rapp). National Tours: Wicked (October 2012), Beauty & the Beast (January 2013), & Jersey Boys (November 2013)

Met Idina Menzel & Sierra Boggess (November 2013)
Updated On: 8/11/14 at 07:30 PM
The Josh Profile Photo
The Josh
Broadway Star
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 07:42pm
I'm speechless. RIP Mr. Williams.
disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
Broadway Legend
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 07:56pm
james m. iglehart @jamesmiglehart · 31m
Robin Williams! 1 of the Greatest Period. I just want to say Thank You for the laughs.
#FallenHero
Broadway Shows: Phantom of the Opera (January 2011), Mary Poppins (January 2011), Anything Goes (August 2011, W/ Sutton Foster, Joel Grey, and Laura Osnes), The Lion King (August 2011), Godspell (June 2012, W/ Corbin Bleu), Matilda the Musical (Original Broadway Cast, May 2013), Newsies (May 2013), Cinderella (W/ Carly Rae Jepsen and Fran Drescher, May 2014), and Aladdin (OBC, May 2014). Pre-Broadway: If/Then (November 2013/World Premiere, W/ Idina Menzel, LaChanze, and Anthony Rapp). National Tours: Wicked (October 2012), Beauty & the Beast (January 2013), & Jersey Boys (November 2013)

Met Idina Menzel & Sierra Boggess (November 2013)
devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 08:09pm
Genuinely saddened by this news.

If only there was a way to know these guys were feeling so low, so that the wave of love that follows their deaths could actually arrive in time to pull them back from the brink- if only.
Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
Broadway Legend
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 08:10pm
Time to watch "The Birdcage" on a loop--- so tragic!!!
Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
Featured Actor
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 08:18pm
This was completely unexpected. It's always sad when a celebrity dies, but this one...dang. :/
sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 08:19pm
I worked with him when he shot Smoochy in Toronto- he was very kind & considerate towards me and all the crew. He was especially nice to all the background performers who wanted to meet him. I'mm thinking of his PA Rebecca- she's been with him for decades and is probably trying to deal with all the stuff this situation entails. And Adam who was his stand in.
My heart goes out to his wife & kids. I think a lot of folks in Hollywierd are gonna be gobsmaked by this. Memento Mori.
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin "Happiness is up to you. You just have to understand what it is before you get it." -Elaine Stritch
Kristie-K2 Profile Photo
Kristie-K2
Broadway Legend
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 08:20pm
So sad...what a wonderful talent...that Depression is a Bitch.
mamaleh
Broadway Star
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 08:24pm
What a terrible loss.
MikeInTheDistrict Profile Photo
MikeInTheDistrict
Featured Actor
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 08:27pm
He seemed to be a very kind man. I had just read about Williams's touching friendship with Christopher Reeve. Here is a bit about how Williams responded to his friend's accident:

"His approaching operation to reattach his skull to his spine (June 1995) “was frightening to contemplate. … I already knew that I had only a fifty-fifty chance of surviving the surgery. … Then, at an especially bleak moment, the door flew open and in hurried a squat fellow with a blue scrub hat and a yellow surgical gown and glasses, speaking in a Russian accent.” The man announced that he was a proctologist and was going to perform a rectal exam on Reeve. It was Robin Williams, reprising his character from the film Nine Months. Reeve wrote: “For the first time since the accident, I laughed. My old friend had helped me know that somehow I was going to be okay.”

Robin Williams and Christopher Reeve: From Wikipedia c/o Buzzfeed
icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
Leading Actor
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 08:27pm
I was hoping it wasn't true.
beautywickedlover
Broadway Legend
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 08:34pm
It hasn't sunk in yet and I'm not sure it ever will. Very heartbreaking. R.I.P.
Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
Broadway Legend
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 08:40pm
Wow, what awful news. He was brilliant.
I was previously known as Mr. Nowak (Joined: 5/20/13).
Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
Broadway Legend
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 08:45pm
I'm thinking a bit more about his family and friends than some folks who probably never even met him.

A great light went out today. RIP
"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".
wexy Profile Photo
wexy
Broadway Legend
Robin Williams has died.
Posted: 8/11/14 at 09:05pm
Sad. Got to see him in Bengal Tiger as well..
'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'

Page:

Advertisement Advertisement