Any really great Off-Broadway shows currently playing?

Adair Haywind
Stand-by
Have an extra slot open for a show during my weekend trip next month and looking into what's playing Off-Broadway. Anything that would be considered un-missable?
TalkinLoud
Broadway Legend
Here Lies Love
Broadway Bob*
Broadway Star
I don't know about un-missable, but I REALLY loved "Sex Tips For Straight Women From a Gay Man." Laughed myself sick. Had a GREAT time!!!
2014 Show Schedule: 3/08 @ 8:00 pm ~ THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (Columbus, OH); 4/11 @ 8:00 pm ~ BULLETS OVER BROADWAY (Broadway), 4/12 @ 2:00 pm ~ ROCKY (Broadway), 4/12 @ 8:00 pm ~ THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY (Broadway), 4/13 @ 2:00 pm ~ CASA VALENTINA (Broadway), 4/13 @ 7:00 pm ~ SEX TIPS FOR STRAIGHT WOMEN FROM A GAY MAN (Off-Broadway); 4/14 @ 8:00 pm ~ HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH (Broadway); 6/06 @ 8:00 pm ~ PIPPIN (Broadway); 6/07 @ 2:00 pm ~ A GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE TO LOVE AND MURDER (Broadway); 6/07 @ 8:00 pm ~ IF/THEN (Broadway); 6/08 @ 3:00 pm ~ HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH; 6/08 @ 7:30 pm ~ HEATHERS THE MUSICAL (Off-Broadway)...(MORE to come, I hope)
macnyc
Broadway Legend
I loved Satchmo at the Waldorf, playing at the Westside Theater.
WOSQ
Broadway Legend
I'll second "Here Lies Love".
"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true. And that would be unacceptable." --Carrie Fisher
MaddieBB12
Broadway Star
Heathers, especially if you are a fan of the movie.
Wee Thomas2
Leading Actor
Threepenny Opera
Andre4
Chorus Member
The great John Noble is making his American stage debut (!) in The Substance of Fire at Second Stage!
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Buyer & Cellar, Satchmo at the Waldorf, and The Heir Apparent are all really great.
nomore.org
Adair Haywind
Stand-by
Thanks for the input, everyone! I'm seeing Buyer & Cellar in DC with Michael Urie the weekend after my NY trip. I've heard great things about Here Lies Love, might check it out.

Updated On: 5/2/14 at 04:41 PM
ClydeBarrow
Broadway Legend
ANNAPURNA is amazing especially if you're a big Nick Offerman/Megan Mullally fan. THE HEIR APPARENT is remarkably funny and extended until May 11.

HERE LIES LOVE was good but to me not the orgasm-induced joyride everyone else seems to think it is. RED EYE TO HARVE DE GRACE is good (not great) if you want something a little different.

When I saw THREEPENNY OPERA a lot of the cast was sick and it was terrible so that's a pass. Stay as far away from THE SUBSTANCE OF FIRE as you can even if you're a diehard John Noble fan.
"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah
ARTc3
Broadway Star
I'm a huge, Here Lies Love fan.
ARTc3 formerly ARTc. Actually been a poster since 2004. My name isn't Art. Drop the "3" and say the signature and you'll understand.
ethan231h
Broadway Star
KanderEbb
Swing
The Three Penny Opera is really good.
VernonGersch
Broadway Star
Here Lives Love
PrinceCaspian
Swing
Here Lies Love or Sleep No More
brdway411
Broadway Star
Then She Fell
Wildcard
Broadway Legend
Let me add my vote for Here Lies Love
Susanswerphone
Chorus Member
Big fan of both Megan and Nick here. And I knew what to expect going in--not all high kicks and giggles. However, Annapurna is positively tur(d)gid. I was embarrassed for them. Don't waste your time and money.
stevenycguy
Broadway Star
The City of Conversation (Mitzi Newhouse @ Lincoln Center.) Washington DC politics, family feuds due to politics, exemplary cast of Broadway veterans and absolutely stunning set, a cute little kid running around and causing trouble, and what a beautiful and poignant ending when you see why people made the decisions they made 30 years ago vs the present day. Should move to Broadway, hands down!

Updated On: 5/3/14 at 11:46 PM
missthemountains
Stand-by
I second HEATHERS. Though, I don't know if it would be as good if you haven't seen the film.
WiCkEDrOcKS
Broadway Legend
Echoing the HERE LIES LOVE and BUYER & CELLAR love.
Current Avatar: Tony-winner Idina Menzel, delivering a sucker-punch of an 11:00 number, "Always Starting Over," in IF/THEN.