Sutton Foster To Return To Broadway In VIOLET This Spring

Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
"I think Glee is way too sharp, smart, witty, clever and emotionally confronting for the masses." - Dave19 - "What's next? Snow Black and the 7 Swaggers? Shasquirta and the Beast? 101 Weavematians? Willis in Ghettoland?" - Dave19, in reference to the new ANNIE remake.
iluvtheatertrash
Broadway Legend
I've got a great idea! Let's rename it WAY TOO EFFING OLD FOR THE PART.
"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman
WiCkEDrOcKS
Broadway Legend
Excited that this is official now. I'm anxious to see how they improve it from the concert version. I hope they keep Josh Henry as well!
Current Avatar: Tony-winner Idina Menzel, delivering a sucker-punch of an 11:00 number, "Always Starting Over," in IF/THEN.
April Saul
Broadway Legend
That's great! I felt so bad that I missed it at Encores...
CarlosAlberto
Broadway Legend
This topic is so essential that three threads had to be created around it!
WOSQ
Broadway Legend
Will there be a show curtain?
"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true. And that would be unacceptable." --Carrie Fisher
hanschens
Stand-by
I'm really excited for this! When do you think they'll announce the dates for previews and opening night? I'll be in New York in April and I'd hate to miss this!
WiCkEDrOcKS
Broadway Legend
If this is going into the American Airlines, it'll be the first musical in that theater since EVERYDAY RAPTURE three years ago. And before that, the last musical in there was THE PAJAMA GAME. In 2006. Wow.
Current Avatar: Tony-winner Idina Menzel, delivering a sucker-punch of an 11:00 number, "Always Starting Over," in IF/THEN.
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
Wow, exciting news! I love how committed to Broadway Foster has remained throughout the years. She's truly a stage animal. I used to not like her, but she's constantly giving surprising, touching performances. Nice to see her reunite with Tesori.
"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
tazber
Broadway Legend
Well I'm excited for this.

Not so much for Sutton, but for the show itself.
....but the world goes 'round
best12bars
Broadway Legend
I was hoping it was Violet Beauregarde.
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3
bwayfan4ever2
Chorus Member
Is Emerson Steele moving to Broadway too? I saw a congrats to her on facebook for this but have not seen any official notice.
madbrian
Broadway Legend
In this version, will Violet's childhood accident explain the eyebrow?
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
Kad
Broadway Legend
Judging by how on top of things Roundabout is, I'm sure we'll get an official announcement in like four months.
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
…which will read "VIOLET Opened Last Night On Broadway"
"I think Glee is way too sharp, smart, witty, clever and emotionally confronting for the masses." - Dave19 - "What's next? Snow Black and the 7 Swaggers? Shasquirta and the Beast? 101 Weavematians? Willis in Ghettoland?" - Dave19, in reference to the new ANNIE remake.
Kad
Broadway Legend
"This has a black person in it, so don't keep yelling at us about our lack of diversity!"
WiCkEDrOcKS
Broadway Legend
Well, at least it was written in the last 200 years.
Noel&Cole
Leading Actor
So we know if this is Roundabout? Or is that just speculation?
Kad
Broadway Legend
It will be at Roundabout, at the American Airlines, taking The Real Thing's slot before it was delayed.

It's a limited run and can't really run past mid-September (I highly doubt there will be substantial demand for a longer run.)
Updated On: 11/18/13 at 04:03 PM
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
One of my favorite musicals. I hope this happens and that I get a chance to see it.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Does VIOLET take place in a parlor room? Roundabout only does shows that take place in parlor rooms.
Kad
Broadway Legend
It is kind of sad that doing Violet really IS Roundabout going outside of its comfort zone.
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Whenever Roundabout does anything like this, I've always said they're "going outside the parlor room".
WiCkEDrOcKS
Broadway Legend
Can't wait for the additional musical number for this production, when Sutton sings a ballad accompanied only by the sound of beeping hearing devices.
Updated On: 11/18/13 at 04:14 PM
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
That's the same song they add to all their musicals. It's called "What'd she say?!"
Kad
Broadway Legend
I believe that song will be called, "Murray, What'd She Say?"

Page: