Ace Young & Diana DeGarmo leading JOSEPH National Tour

jacobsnchz14
Broadway Legend
From her Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Diana-DeGarmo/124064927901

"Well the cat's outta the bag!

Ace and I are starring in the National Tour of "JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAM COAT" staring March 11th, 2014!

The first cities announced are:
Cleveland, OH
Tulsa, OK
Oklahoma City, OK
St. Louis, MO
Memphis, TN
San Jose, CA
Los Angeles, CA
San Diego, CA

And MORE to come!!!"
Updated On: 8/19/13 at 11:29 AM
EponineAmneris
Broadway Legend
I think they will be great!
"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
WOW Ace Young! Now THERE is an American Idol that Potiphar's wife will truly lust for! He doesn't need the wig and his loincloth will be flapping in the wind!
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
iluvtheatertrash
Broadway Legend
Ace Young in a loincloth? WOOF!
"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman
jacobsnchz14
Broadway Legend
Is it too early to wish for a cast recording? There're plenty of Joseph recordings out there, I know, but none have ever been good, IMO.
rorschach37
Broadway Star
@jacobsnchz14: Really? I love the OBCR.
bwayphreak234
Broadway Legend
Ace - YES.
Diana DeGarmo - NO.
"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
I'm not giving Ace his loincloth back....

Ad Diana will be adorable!!!
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
darreyl102
Broadway Legend

Ace Young... In a Loincloth..

Darreyl with an L!
FishermanBob
Broadway Legend
Diana should be terrific. Saw her in Hairspray back in 2006 and she was great. I remember thinking such a huge, powerful voice out of such a tiny girl. It's great that she and Ace get to tour together. Kind of an extended honeymoon.
LYLS3637
Featured Actor
Diana DeGarmo- YES!!!
goodoneinlou2
Stand-by
I'm more curious to see is this is the over-the-top Palladium version or a regurgitation of the awful Troika touring production that involved the crap set.

Palladium/Adelphi version

Troika version

The early 1990's desgined Palladium version was revived a few years back in London at the Adelphi. I am hoping it's that. The production values were actually impressive and made the "small" story quite grand.
Starship
Broadway Star
Diana YES! Love that girl!
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
goodoneinlou2, Troika has produced tours of both versions of Joseph. They toured the Palladium version in the 90s with Jodi Benson and Osmond 2nd Generation.

If I had to guess I'd bet that this tour will just be a remount of their 2005 version with the crap set that toured with Amy Adams and Patrick Cassidy. It's easier to tour since it's smaller and since this production is basically a last minute replacement for the previously announced "Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber" I wouldn't expect much from it.

Kudos to whoever cast Ace as Joseph though.

That's right! Underscore mother-fu@#ers!
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend

Lose the jeans and he's ready to go on!

No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
goodoneinlou2
Stand-by
He'll need a wig. He cut his hair off last fall.

Updated On: 8/19/13 at 02:17 PM
Mercades
Leading Actor
I know it's cheesy but I have a soft spot for this show...

*ducks as everyone throws tomatoes*
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
There's no law Joseph has long hair. I think after the most recent debacle, Joey will be wigless as much as possible.
CurtainPullDowner
Broadway Legend
Why don't they do an all AI alum cast?
emo_geek
Broadway Legend
I am SO excited for this now. I've seen Diana in a few different productions and she is a great talent. I'm also excited for Ace. I am so happy The Pantages added this to their season last minute!
"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999
dblue236
Stand-by
This is such better casting than the Ogunquit production- all-around. Ace suits the role and I think he'll be able to handle it vocally, and I've seen video of Diana playing the narrator and she did a great job. She was in a production of it in Oklahoma City back in 2009.
TheatreFan4
Broadway Legend
There's no law Joseph has long hair.

But it is the standard for Joseph. Plus, Ace rocks long hair.
"Hi there, we represent The Broadway Better Business Players for a Better Tomorrow. We're trying to start a petition to get second rate shows taken off the marquee and with your help we can stop Mamma Mia from ever playing again." -Brad Jones in Suburban Knights

"Is it true you have Ralph Jr at the bottom of your purse in a jar of formaldehyde?" - Felicia
"No, but I wish I did so I could shove it down your throat!" - Bernadette

"This play is sh*t! This play is sh*t! F*CK YOU TERRENCE MCNALLY!!"- Patti LuPone as an angry theatre goer at 'Master Class'

"Being normal is VASTLY overrated..."
- Aggie Cromwell
Kev
Broadway Star
goodoneinlou2, Troika has produced tours of both versions of Joseph. They toured the Palladium version in the 90s with Jodi Benson and Osmond 2nd Generation.

Just a slight correction: the Palladium version has not toured the US since the Sam Harris/Brian Lane Green post-Broadway tour.

Troika began their JOSEPH tours with the Non-Equity version (starring Joe Machota.) The Benson/Osmond cast was a re-mount of that version with an Equity cast (in conjunction with Pittsburgh CLO, etc.) Other Troika JOSEPH tours included both Patrick Cassidy tours (one with Deborah Gibson, the other with Amy Adams), and another Non-Eq incarnation (with Adam Tackett.)
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
^I thought I remembered the Benson/Osmond tour utilizing the previous tour's scenery and costumes based on the Palladium production, but I guess you're right. They don't look the same.
That's right! Underscore mother-fu@#ers!
Kev
Broadway Star
^I thought I remembered the Benson/Osmond tour utilizing the previous tour's scenery and costumes based on the Palladium production, but I guess you're right. They don't look the same.

It was the same "crap set" from Troika
http://www.houstontheatre.com/joseph.html
http://www.ovrtur.com/production/2898775/credits
StageManager2
Broadway Legend
I didn't realize that Ace and Diana were married to each other, or that they had been an item. Lucky her!

Re Joseph's hair: I read recently that Jesus, Moses, and all the Biblical men would most likely have had short hair -- something about desert heat -- so I don't see why Joseph couldn't be short-haired.
Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia

Page:

BROADWAYWORLD TV