Comscore

Scores That didn't Have One Single Bad Song In It?

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Chess
Les Miserables
Follies
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury Playhouse) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III*** Here Lies Love**** The Vertical Hour**** Love Story***** Altar Boys*** Evita**** Next Fall***** Cat On A Hot Tin Roof***** (Tour: Royal Deansgate, Northampton) Memphis*** The Scottsboro Boys**** Shakespeare In Love* Neville's Island*** East Is East**** Evita**** Into The Woods*** Gypsy***** (Chichester) Billy Elliot***** Seminar*** Damn Yankees*** Teh Internet Is Serious Business***
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Wait, which version of Chess?
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Good Vibrations
All Shook Up
michellek45 Profile Photo
michellek45
Leading Actor
Shenandoah and On the Town are the only ones that come to mind.
MCfan2
Broadway Star
My Fair Lady.
WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
Broadway Legend
The first thing that came to my mind was LES MISERABLES
Owen22
Broadway Legend
Even those mentioned above have one or two mediocre, if not klunker, songs in them.

I'd say, maybe, "Guys and Dolls", though I can't even say I love "Marry the Man Today" or "Sue Me"... but that's the closest I can think of off the top of my head..
After Eight
Broadway Legend
My Fair Lady
Kiss Me, Kate
Hello, Dolly!
Milk and Honey
Tenderloin
The Gay Life

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
Broadway Star
Gypsy
"The 54th Street[theatre] had a rep as. . .where old musicals went to die." -Smaxie
joeybiltmore1 Profile Photo
joeybiltmore1
Leading Actor
Guys and Dolls
The Music Man
West Side Story
My Fair Lady
ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
Broadway Legend
Into The Woods
justoldbill Profile Photo
justoldbill
Broadway Star
Finian's Rainbow
Show Boat
South Pacific
The Fantasticks
Well-well-well-what-do-you-think-of-that-I-have-nothing-here-to-pay-my-train-fare-with-only-large-bills-fives-and-sevens....
bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
Broadway Legend
Into the Woods
Sweeney Todd
West Side Story
Evita
"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "
Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
Broadway Legend
Oklahoma
Carousel
Gypsy
Sweeney Todd

Scores with just one "baddie"
Last Five Years
Kiss Me Kate
wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
Broadway Legend
Plenty. These are shows that I think don't have a bad song in the sense that they are well crafted and fit perfectly into the show (in addition to the fact that I enjoy the hell out of them):
Show Boat, No No Nanette (these don't so much fit into the show, but it's one of the most enjoyable scores ever), South Pacific, Finian's Rainbow, Kiss Me Kate, My Fair Lady, She Loves Me, Gypsy (I love "Little Lamb," shoot me), Little Me, A Little Night Music ("Liaisons" is a fantastic song, some actresses just don't do it justice), Sweeney Todd, A Chorus Line, Nine, City of Angels, Crazy For You (yes it counts), Ragtime, The Full Monty, Caroline or Change, and Next to Normal.

Some honorable mentions: Great scores that have a song in them I don't like, but many seem to enjoy: Carousel ("Highest Judge of All"), On the 20th Century ("I Rise Again"), Follies ("One More Kiss"), Evita ("Art of the Possible"), Les Miserables ("Little People"), Light in the Piazza ("The Joy You Feel"), The Book of Mormon ("I Am Here For You"), and Grey Gardens ("Marry Well")
"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.
Skip2 Profile Photo
Skip2
Featured Actor

ANNIE GET YOUR GUN

willep Profile Photo
willep
Broadway Legend
If the score with no clunkers in it exists, I have yet to hear it, I think.

Updated On: 7/24/12 at 12:24 AM
Overkill Profile Photo
Overkill
Broadway Star
Nettik
Featured Actor
West Side Story
Company
South Pacific
Guys and Dolls
Songs for a New World

(Just my opinion)
SingAlongMOVIE2
Chorus Member
I am pretty new to Broadway but "Next to Normal" is impeccable to me. But no one else listed it so please don't eat me alive.

Sing Along: Official Site
Updated On: 7/24/12 at 04:10 AM
Marcellus2
Chorus Member
Little Shop of Horrors.
HistoryBoy2 Profile Photo
HistoryBoy2
Leading Actor
The first two that immediately came to mind were Gypsy and Sweeney Todd. West Side Story is pretty solid too, if you look at Krupke as a song and ignore its placement.
tazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Nine
Gypsy
Parade
Evita
Les Miz
Into the Woods
Merrily We Roll Along
Sunset Blvd.
Pal Joey
The King and I
City of Angels
On the Twentieth Century
Sweet Charity
Cabaret (the original, but even more so the 54 revival)
Fiddler on the Roof
Hallelujah Baby
Shenandoah
Little Shop of Horrors
The Rocky Horror Show
The Sound of Music
Flower Drum Song
Guys and Dolls
West Side Story
A Chorus Line
Annie
Rags
The Apple Tree (Even the cut song "I'm Lost" is a keeper)
Hair
The Last 5 Years
Grey Gardens

And if revues count:

Closer Than Ever
Ain't Misbehavin
Sophisticated Ladies

Special mention:

Hot Mikado

And finally a brilliant score with one song that I don't care for:

The Light in the Piazza (Aiutami being the one song I dislike)

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 7/24/12 at 07:48 AM
henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
Broadway Legend
I'm confused by your question. There are countless scores which have absolutely no "bad" songs in them. Are you asking about scores in which songs are without exception great?
tazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
It's just another "list" thread, completely based on personal opinion I believe.

....but the world goes 'round
After Eight
Broadway Legend
"If the score with no klunkers in it exists, I have yet to hear it, I think."

I'd say you need to listen to more scores.

But surely, you, of all people, can't believe that Once has a clunker in it.

Page:

Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement