Desperate Alto In Need of A Song

AltoOnTheGo
Swing
Swing
Desperate Alto In Need of A Song#1
Posted: 6/23/12 at 7:55pm
Hi,
I am a frantic, alto-mezzo girl looking for the perfect song to sing in four days for my Next to Normal audition. I'm auditioning for the part of Natalie, and I really need this part! Please if you could suggest any songs for my range that aren't too belty nor too ballady. Please and thank you!
-Emilie
bwaylvsong Profile Photobwaylvsong Profile Photo
bwaylvsong
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Desperate Alto In Need of A Song#2
Posted: 6/23/12 at 9:30pm
With only 4 days, just sing something you already know. Don't worry about it being too belty or ballady... Natalie belts and sings ballads.
If you need a suggestion that suits your requirements, though, I'd say The Dark I Know Well from Spring Awakening. Blue Wind from SA works, too, but is more ballady.
BigMamaSangTenor Profile PhotoBigMamaSangTenor Profile Photo
BigMamaSangTenor
Swing
Swing
Desperate Alto In Need of A Song#2
Posted: 6/24/12 at 6:17pm
Bwaylvsong has it on the money. Being well-rehearsed speaks volumes as compared to a song picked hastily because of a character-type, so to speak. I feel you on the desperate though, dear. Wish you all the best!

And the Dark I Know Well would suit your voice well as it would the character, so I would have to second that. My friend was cast a couple years back as Nat. She sang Someone Else's Story from Chess, if I'm not mistaken. It's definitely ballad-y though.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Latest - Forecast for NBC's HAIRSPRAY LIVE!: Sunny & Clear
Save $$$ on Tickets to:
Backstage with Richard Ridge
JERSEY BOYS' Mark Ballas
Backstage Bite
Thanksgiving Special!
Turning the Tables
BWW TV LAST MINUTE with Randy Rainbow Congas to ON YOUR FEET!
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
Randy Rainbow Checks in w/ Liza to Chat HAIRSPRAY, Pence & More!
KID CRITICS
KID CRITICS at BLUE MAN!
BROADWAY SESSIONS
SHUFFLE ALONG Reunites at Broadway Sessions!

Advertisement AdvertisementAdvertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement