Printer Friendly - As if we need another reason to hate Rick Santorum...

As if we need another reason to hate Rick Santorum...
Posted by madbrian 2012-01-04 15:19:33

Just how extremely conservative is Santorum? He opposes birth control. Now, I'm not talking about providing condoms to teens, I'm talking about all forms of birth control for everyone.

Posted by Mister Matt 2012-01-04 15:30:10

I thought Bristol Palin was handling all this.

Posted by romantico 2012-01-04 16:45:48

SO a married couple who does not want children can not have sex? What kind of idiot would vote for this guy?

Posted by MatineeLover 2012-01-04 16:48:19

people like him scare me with their idiocy

Posted by Mister Matt 2012-01-04 16:48:52

What kind of idiot would vote for this guy?

Posted by Kad 2012-01-04 17:09:36

Santorum is just the monster of the week of the increasingly ridiculous serial that is the Republican party.

Posted by iflitifloat 2012-01-04 20:53:00

I read a statement he made....not sure where....where he decried the deconstruction of procreative sex into something that is strictly for pleasure. Try selling that to America. Or me, for that matter.

Posted by AC126748 2012-01-04 20:56:17

Santorum takes his catholicism more seriously than the pope--does this really surprise anyone?

Posted by broadwaydevil 2012-01-04 21:33:06

And then there's the whole playing with his dead son and other alive children issue.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/01/03/rick-santorum-s-dead-baby-ritual0.html

That is seriously the most disturbing article I've ever read on anyone, much less a presidential candidate.

Posted by Mister Matt 2012-01-05 10:29:28

iflit - I know that quote you're talking about. It's often taken out of context as Santorum sort of dances around the subject, but he does admit that pleasure is "an important part" of sex. But he's still an idiot.

Posted by AC126748 2012-01-05 11:30:51

Broadwaydevil--

In addition to the bringing of the dead child home to "introduce" to the siblings (something that sounds absolutely traumatizing, if you ask me), he also constantly refers to having "a little boy in Heaven" when introducing his children at campaign events. The way he says it you'd think Heaven was a suburb of Cleveland.

Posted by Mister Matt 2012-01-05 11:46:01

There was a woman in our office who kept a photo of her baby on her desk that was taken when it died shortly after childbirth. That was one of the creepiest things I've ever seen.

Posted by JustAGuy 2012-01-05 11:48:32

"The way he says it you'd think Heaven was a suburb of Cleveland.

Kinda like the way the religion of another candidate thinks that the Garden of Eden is/was a suburb of Kansas City, Missouri.

Posted by romantico 2012-01-05 12:33:25

Rick Santorum To John King: I Didn’t Say Black People, I Said 'Blah' People

Seriously? Rick's excuses are sounding more and more like Goth's these days.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rick-santorum-to-john-king-i-didnt-say-black-people-i-said-blah-people/

Posted by Mister Matt 2012-01-05 13:58:56

Sounds like "black" to me. And if he didn't say "black", of whom was he speaking? His comment sounded pretty clear. It's the backpedaling that gets confusing and makes no sense whatsoever.

Posted by romantico 2012-01-05 14:16:21

When it comes to these morons, making sense is not exactly on the top of their list. Did you hear Newt explain away his revolving account with Tiffany's? Mitt Romney talk about letting Michigan go under during the auto bailouts and then take credit when the bailouts actually saved the auto industry? If you call them out you are setting them up with gotcha questions. To quote them word for word to them is being dishonest.

Posted by romantico 2012-01-05 17:37:17

Okay, I laughed watching this.I bet at least a couple here are real.

http://www.jest.com/video/138285/the-9-voters-who-lost-iowa-for-santorum

Posted by henrikegerman 2012-01-05 17:51:33

Santorum, besides being over the top right wing, is an idiot. He says ridiculous things that are factually incorrect and doesn't get called on them all the time because instead of attending to his inaccuracies people pay more attention to his bizarre out of step politics. States do not have the rights to outlaw contraception and they have not have that right for decades. Similarly his ridiculous statement that everyone, including straight people, should keep their sexuality out of the military, in response to the question by the gay soldier at the debates, which made no sense at all. Obviously, straight married people when they freely refer to their spouses to their military colleagues are alluding to their sexuality, and certainly Santorum was not suggesting that that should be prohibited.

In other words, the guy is a fool

Posted by romantico 2012-01-05 20:19:19

He IS a moron!

Santorum Insists On Comparing Marriage Equality To Polygamy In Heated Exchange With Students

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/01/05/398861/santorum-insists-on-comparing-marriage-equality-to-polygamy-in-heated-exchange-with-college-students/?mobile=nc

Posted by SNAFU 2012-01-05 20:32:14

Such a frothy arguement!

Posted by Edna Turnblad 2012-01-05 20:42:42

I want to know if anyone asked why, using his logic, it was okay for a man and woman to marry, but not a man and two women.

Posted by romantico 2012-01-05 20:43:47

Another reason to HATE Santorum.His wife had an abortion. Rick is against abortion, even in the case of rape or incest. However, an abortion saved his own wife's life. So, it's okay for his wife to have an abortion but any other woman who has one is a whore and a sinner.

http://oursilverribbon.org/blog/?p=188

Posted by adamgreer 2012-01-05 23:37:45

Nice job by those students for not backing down when he kept trying to reframe the debate and make it about polygamy.

"That's not what I'm asking you." Brilliant.

The supposedly "liberal" media needs to take a page out of these kids' playbook and not let Santorum ramble on like he does. Make him answer the question, not veer off into a stump speech. He needs to be pressed like these kids did to him, because it's clear he hasn't really thought this position through very well.

Posted by henrikegerman 2012-01-06 14:10:46

The way to combat his sophistry is first to give him his due, as limited and dim as his thinking is.

The right for gay people to marry, he is correct, cannot simply be based on the Declaration of Independence's right to the pursuit of happiness ALONE. Not only is the DofI not the constitution, but he has a point, a silly one, but a point nonetheless, that people define happiness in all manner of ways - including, his example, polygamy - which the law clearly can prohibit.

However, that is beside the point.

What we are talking about is the right of one person to marry another person, not the right of one person to marry more than one person. And the rubric to apply to this is not the unalienable right to the pursuit of happiness ALONE but the doctrine of equal protection under the law - the constitutional guarantee of equal rights.

The right of a person to not marry more than one person is applied equally to everyone in the United States.

The right of a person to marry a person of age whom they want to choose and who wants to marry them is not applied equally to everyone in the United States. It is a right enjoyed by men who wish to marry women and women who wish to marry men. But it is denied to men who wish to marry men and women who wish to marry women.

Posted by madbrian 2012-01-06 14:27:28

Furthermore, due to DOMA, states can not recognize marriages from other states. I'd LOVE IT if a state that has marriage equality chose to reciprocate against states that do not recognize same-sex marriages. Imagine the outcry if Massachusetts suddenly decided not to recognize all marriages from Texas. I wouldn't be surprised if the military (believe it or not) actually became the catalyst for marriage equality.

Posted by tazber 2012-01-06 15:20:40

Here is an alarming op-ed piece from CNN.com

Posted by strummergirl 2012-01-06 15:48:03

I remember Dan Savage mentioning that Santorum supposedly had a gay aide. I just didn't really believe (and I think Savage and a bunch of others were the same) that he actually existed.

Posted by romantico 2012-01-06 15:59:15

Posted by Reginald Tresilian 2012-01-06 16:08:25

Posted by adamgreer 2012-01-07 12:03:13

Santorum on pre existing conditions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HAbSQMXNhQs

It's fun to watch him waffle around because he really doesn't want to tell this poor nurse that yes, he believes the insurance company has every right to deny her son coverage because he was diagnosed with cancer when he was 5.

Posted by JerseyGirl2 2012-01-07 21:50:16

This damn idiot just said, "I am not going to support a federal ban on gay adoption when there are only gay couples in some states." Really, moron?

Posted by romantico 2012-01-17 11:09:48

Santorum Staffer Says Women Shouldn't Be President Because It's Against God's Will

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/01/17/402438/santorum-staffer-says-women-shouldnt-be-president-because-its-against-gods-will/

Posted by madbrian 2012-01-17 11:19:16

This country needs a female president, if for no other reason than to get one female driver off the road.

Posted by romantico 2012-01-23 19:09:24

Rick Santorum: Rape Victims Should 'Make The Best Out Of A Bad Situation'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/23/rick-santorum-abortion-rape_n_1224624.html

Posted by romantico 2012-02-25 16:00:15

Obama The Snob Wants Kids To Go To College So Liberals Can Indoctrinate

http://www.youtube.com/user/tpmtv#p/u/1/NkjbJOSwq3A

Posted by romantico 2012-02-25 16:02:17

Dutch TV Anchor To Rachel Maddow: The Dutch Are Furious At Santorum Over Euthanasia Claim

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/dutch-tv-anchor-to-rachel-maddow-the-dutch-are-furious-at-santorum-over-euthanasia-claim/

Posted by nygrl232 2012-02-25 22:16:05

God, I'm so bored with all of this.

Posted by TheatreDiva90016 2012-02-25 22:41:59

These posts are pointless. No one here supports the man.

You could fill pages with links to stories about how horrible he is.

Let's not, shall we?

Posted by iflitifloat 2012-02-26 10:46:06

And now he's on the verge of creating an international "situation" with the Dutch by spouting unfact-checked lies (yet commonly held beliefs among the far right) that the elderly in the Netherlands live in fear and are commonly euthanized against their will.

I'll find the link....

Posted by iflitifloat 2012-02-26 10:49:49

Ooops. Romantico already mentioned it and I don't seem to have an edit button (meant literally) anymore. Sorry.

Posted by siny 2012-02-26 12:14:04

Santorum is very entertaining in a horrifying sort of way, so I hope you keep those links coming.

Posted by romantico 2012-02-26 12:16:13

No problem. I enjoy keeping people up to date on the crazy BS this candidate says.I LOVE this thread and look forward to 'filling pages with links to stories about how horrible he is'.

Posted by TheatreDiva90016 2012-02-26 13:43:20

Great.

Another chance to watch you twirl around in anger...

And what DID happen to the edit button?!

That's wierd.

Posted by romantico 2012-02-26 14:06:38

You are the one who is always angry, not me. I've read posts of yours where I agree with you so I am clueless as to why you are always angry with me.

Rick Santorum is a joke. He has no chance of winning the presidency. People see him as a radical and a joke and I enjoy highlighting the many things he tends to say. I did not start this thread but I agree with those who feel the same way as I do about the man.

Posted by SNAFU 2012-02-26 16:11:43

The one good thing Santorum is doing is bringing the Religious Right's want of a Theocracy out onto the public stage. It is time it is laid bare and defeated!

Posted by romantico 2012-02-26 16:37:05

I'm convinced he is not seriously seeking the office of President of the United States.I don't think he would be going on and on and saying so much radical crazy stuff. I'm hearing even some of his supporters are turning to Romney. Every day it is something crazier than the day before. I think he is preaching to his base and looking for a book deal or using this as a way to get more money for speaking fee's. I don't even think he looking for a VP or a job in the GOP Candidate's administration. I think he is self promoting himself and nothing more. I think Herman Cain and Michelle Bachman did the same.

Santorum: The Idea Of A Separation Of Church And State Makes Me Want To Vomit

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/26/santorum-church-and-state_n_1302246.html

Posted by siny 2012-02-26 17:18:50

Oh, I think he is seriously running for President. It's God's will, you know.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/feb/23/karen-santorum-husbands-surge-gods-will/

Considering that most of the Republican field claims that God told them to run for president, I can only conclude that God has a wicked sense of humor.

Posted by SNAFU 2012-02-26 18:00:34

At this point I doubt Romney or Santorum will be the candidate. The GOP knows neither stand a chance. Wait until this all plays out.... Notice suddenly Jeb Bush and Christie have been becoming much more vocal.....

Posted by romantico 2012-02-26 18:21:37

You could be right, but as it was pointed out this week, Romney has poured A LOT of his own money into this campaign. I doubt when the convention comes around and he has spent this vast fortune to get to where he is that he would just give that up and hand over his delegates to someone who in his mind has not worked as hard as he has for it (or paid as much).

I am hoping and praying one of these idiots become the nominee.

Posted by SNAFU 2012-02-26 18:36:11

That Romney has pored his fortunre into this.... Tough sh*t, you think the GOP or the Kochs will care?

Posted by romantico 2012-02-26 18:55:47

Oh they could care less. I'm just saying the Mitt will hit the fan when he finds out after 3 years of campaigning and all these endorsements and delegates and $$$ wasted in attack ads that he is gonna have to walk away with nothing. I'm sure he has considered this and I am wondering if they will offer him VP just to keep him happy/quiet.

Posted by JerseyGirl2 2012-02-27 03:22:33

This guy isn't real, is he? He is a ringer, right? This is some Stepford perv that someone built in their garage and put out there as a joke. When it's revealed that he runs on Santorum (the internet definition), don't say I didn't warn you.

Posted by nygrl232 2012-02-27 07:08:33

>>I think he is self promoting himself and nothing more.

Well, yeah. This is all ego. That's all it is for most of them. How could anyone think these people are about a service job? A high-stress job that requires people skills and recognition of the common good?

Politics has always attracted morons like this, but in recent times, morons have seen how Bush, Palin, Bachmann etc etc have been able to profit from overselling personae, fear, negativity, hysteria.

It's been done before. And it's so wasteful and boring to listen to this endless chatter about these people who care nothing for anything other than getting their self-assumed, snake oil salesman fair share. Why work for a living when you can play an insidious, enemy in plain sight public role for the rest of your life? Palin rented a bus, made a bunch of money, and will resurface when her assets dip into the low six figures.

Posted by madbrian 2012-02-27 07:40:05

Santorum has now taken a stance against education, claiming that Obama is a 'snob' for wanting kids to go to college, and that he wants them to be indoctrinated by liberal professors.

Posted by SNAFU 2012-02-27 11:11:25

I really wish Santorum would wait until after getting GOP nomination to start spewing this crazy ass stuff!

Posted by romantico 2012-02-27 11:36:51

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OXrnnmvdXg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaPKt3c8S-w

Posted by siny 2012-02-27 11:48:54

"I really wish Santorum would wait until after getting GOP nomination to start spewing this crazy ass stuff!"

Spewing crazy ass stuff is a pre-requisite for getting GOP nomination.

Posted by mikey2573 2012-02-27 21:10:04

"He opposes birth control. "

And you HATE him for this??
I disagree with President Obama and think he has been a horrible president; but I don't HATE him.
So much for the party of tolerance.

Posted by mikey2573 2012-02-27 21:12:17

"Another reason to HATE Santorum.His wife had an abortion."

Just for the record (which I know doesn't matter to ignorant left-wing, haters) Santorum's wife has NEVER had an abortion.

Posted by thetinymagic2 2012-02-27 23:45:15

Yeah, she DID.

Posted by romantico 2012-02-28 07:12:29

Facts are a stubborn thing.

'Interesting fact about Rick Santorum: his wife, Karen Santorum, had an abortion in 1996 during her 19th week of pregnancy (roughly the fifth month). Karen Santorum's fetus caused an infection inside her and had to be removed to save her life. The fetus was delivered and could not survive outside the womb, as doctors had predicted. First of all, that is indescribably sad. It was brave for the couple to discuss this on NPR, as they did in 2004 with host Terry Gross. Second of all, how can Rick Santorum oppose all abortion in all cases when terminating a pregnancy saved the life of his own wife?'

http://www.thefrisky.com/2012-01-05/todays-lady-news-rick-santorum-against-abortion-unless-its-to-save-his-own-wifes-life/

Rick Santorum's Wife Was In Unmarried Relationship With Abortion Doctor

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/rick-santorums-wife-was-in-unmarried-relationship-with-abortion-doctor/politics/2012/01/10/32978

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/01/15/mrs-santorum-s-abortion-doctor-boyfriend.html

Posted by Mister Matt 2012-02-28 10:19:08

Rick Santorum:

Bachelor's from Pennsylvania State University
MBA from University of Pittsburgh
Law Degree from Dickinson School of Law

RickSantorum.com 2006: "In addition to Rick's support of ensuring that primary and secondary schools in Pennsylvania are equipped for success, he is equally committed to ensuring that every Pennsylvanian has access to higher education. Rick Santorum has supported legislative solutions that provide loans, grants, and tax incentives to make higher education more accessible and affordable."

What a SNOB!

And by "snob" I mean "hypocrite of the highest order".

Posted by romantico 2012-02-28 10:28:18

Posted by thetinymagic2 2012-02-28 16:04:01

Posted by romantico 2012-02-28 16:18:45

Posted by mikey2573 2012-02-28 21:45:12

Are you really using someone's BLOG as a reliable SOURCE?
What a MORON!!

From the book "Gabriel's Story" by Karen Santorum:
"One week later at a routine sonogram, the 20 week old baby in my womb was diagnosed with a defect that is always fatal without surgery. Through our immense heartache came the most basic of parental emotions: We had to save our child. After many tests it was determined our son was eligible for the operation that could save his life. It was a success, but an infection developed in the amniotic sac, and I was rushed to the hospital with a high fever, having contractions. I begged the doctors to stop my labor, but they said it would be malpractice, for I would surely die since these infections are untreatable.
Gabriel Michael Santorum was born at 12:45 AM on Friday, October 11, 1996. He was a beautiful boy. He did not give a cry or open his tiny eyes. We baptized him, bundled him, and held him ever so close. We sang to him, held his little hands and kissed him. Gabriel lived for two hours. In those two hours something simple but profound happened. Rick and I became parents to a newborn baby and welcomed him into our family. That was all….but it was everything. His life was so brief, yet his impact so great. In two hours we experienced a lifetime of emotions. Love, sorrow, regret, joy—-all were packed into that brief span. To have rejected that experience would have been to reject life itself."

Inducing labor to save the life of a woman is in NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM “abortion”. Abortion is the willful and direct INTENTIONAL killing of an unborn child.
Even beyond the practice of inducing labor, the removal of an ectopic pregnancy is not “abortion” in that the direct action is to remove a part of the mother’s body with the intention of saving her life. The death of the child is unintentional and indirect and is, therefore, not abortion. In like manner, removal of a cancerous uterus of a pregnant woman is not “abortion” because the intent is to remove a part of the woman’s body, not to kill the child.

It is technically correct to say that Karen Santorum had a septic spontaneous abortion, but that’s a medical term for an INVOLUNTARY event that is different from “induced abortion,” which describes a WILLFUL termination.

Gabriel was born ALIVE and lived for a couple of hours.

The HATE, INTOLERANCE and BILE of people on the left, as witnessed in this thread, is very disturbing.

The Santorum's are the Biggest Hypocrites
Posted by romantico 2012-02-28 22:39:36

Facts can be a stubborn thing. The truth has made you very angry I see.

"The HATE, INTOLERANCE and BILE of people on the left, as witnessed in this thread, is very disturbing."

LOL! Yeah, because all your posts have been so accurate,tolerant, and informative. I've heard others attempt to defend Santorum and no one with a brain is buying it.Just because the Santorum's don't casll it an abortion doesn't mean it's true.

"Numerous sources report Santorum's wife Karen had a second trimester abortion in October 1996. The Santorum's, however, don't like to describe it as an abortion. Instead, they call it a medically induced miscarriage. Yet for many, this is a distinction without a difference."

http://www.examiner.com/progressive-in-portland/did-rick-santorum-s-wife-have-an-abortion

Then Ricky's wife and her shady history with her much older abortion Doctor boyfriend puts her right up there as one of the biggest hypocrites of all time!

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2012/01/17/the_anti_fornication_anti_abortion_wife_of_rick_santorum_lived_very_differently_in_her_20s_.html

What I find disturbing is this.

http://radio.foxnews.com/2009/08/13/rick-santorum-took-dead-baby-home-to-meet-family/

I feel bad for him and his family for their loss. I don't agree with his politics,but no one should have to go through this.I know everyone mourns differently but this is just creepy beyond words. This man wants to be President. His mental state is in serious question here.

Posted by siny 2012-02-28 22:43:49

If Karen Santorum really went into labor, she is very lucky because it saved her life. Catholic Church does not allow abortions to save a woman's life. Rick Santorum is against any exceptions as well. Here is a case where a nun was excommunicated for allowing abortion to save a woman's life.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126985072

Vote Santorum ! Please.

Posted by romantico 2012-02-28 22:50:14

If we are all as you put it, "intolerant,hateful,bile lefties and you find our posts disturbing", then why are you trying to change our minds? If you really think you have the facts and we don't, why are you wasting your time?Some might ay you sound like a troll. I wouldn't go to a website like godhatesfags and preach a pro gay message.I would not go to freerepublic.com and preach a pro liberal message. I think you would be right at home at both of those websites.

Still, I believe in free speech and you are entitled to your opinion, but not your version of facts. In Texas, Republicans are trying to rewrite history in public schools.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/may/16/texas-schools-rewrites-us-history

Of course, the Tea Party also wants to rewrite history and 'soften' slavery in textbooks. So Mikey, I can see why you and the Republicans want to rewrite Karen Santorum's abortion and just pretend it never happened. Just like you want to pretend Obama never killed Bin Laden, Saved the auto industry and a dozen more of his accomplishes. You just wish they never happened.Like I said, facts can be a stubborn thing.

http://www.wcyb.com/news/30309212/detail.html

FACT IS,she had an abortion. Deal with it.

Posted by thetinymagic2 2012-02-29 00:31:55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYEXzx-TINc

Posted by romantico 2012-02-29 00:32:01

Posted by thetinymagic2 2012-02-29 00:46:49

"The HATE, INTOLERANCE and BILE of people on the left, as witnessed in this thread, is very disturbing."

YES! And we're so proud of ourselves!!!

Posted by siny 2012-02-29 09:03:37

Did you all know that there were women who signed the Declaration of Independence ? Rick Santorum says so:

"The men and women who signed that declaration wrote the final phrase, 'We pledge to each other our lives, our fortune, and our sacred honor," Santorum said.

http://news.yahoo.com/santorum-focuses-reaching-women-adviser-says-macgyver-campaign-050602438--abc-news.html

It seems that he has finally realized that his strategy of telling women they should be barefoot and pregnant is not working.

Posted by romantico 2012-02-29 09:53:38

And yet his idiotic defenders will ignore this,accuse ANYONE who quotes Santorum of being hateful and misinformed. I know a guy who likes Rick Santorum who with a straight face bought his 'blah people' excuse.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rick-santorum-to-john-king-i-didnt-say-black-people-i-said-blah-people/

In all my years I have never heard of African Americans being called 'blah people' but Ricky is trying to convince people that it is what he said regardless of how STUPID his comment is.(and then of course there are those who accept this excuse without question)

Santorum could come out and say Han Solo discovered America and Ronald Reagan and Jesus Christ hung out and Santorum supporters will believe him without question. Rick Santorum seems to think re-wording abortion will somehow not make him look like the hypocrite that he is.

Posted by mikey2573 2012-02-29 20:20:13

What was the reason the antibiotics were given, to fight the infection or induce labor?

Was the baby born dead, as is the case when an abortion takes place, or was it born alive?

You can link to all the left-wing rags you want to, but until you get a hold of her medical records, you've got nothin'!

Posted by romantico 2012-02-29 20:52:38

I could give you a link to FOX NEWS and you still would not believe it. FACT IS, you and the other Right wingers are known for re-writing history and catering the facts to your advantage. No matter what anyone proves to you, you won't accept it because you are always right.

The slippery talk and non stop BS is getting old. Go ahead and believe she did not have an abortion. Go ahead and believe he said 'blah people'. Go ahead and agree with him on everything. Maybe you are okay that after he heard a JFK speech he wanted to throw up and maybe you are just fine that he wants to take the country back 100 years. But don't create these make believe facts. Facts are a stubborn thing.

Posted by thetinymagic2 2012-02-29 21:53:08

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=23169031

lmao. (scroll all the way down).

Posted by TheatreDiva90016 2012-02-29 21:55:50

This should be fun...

Posted by thetinymagic2 2012-02-29 21:58:24

Well, hey, it's a boring nite. I LOVE Google. Google is bww's best friend. You warm my heart, Google.

Posted by SNAFU 2012-02-29 22:27:10

Tazber, alarning though they put in thid disclaimer
:Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is a comedian who has appeared on Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival. Follow him on Twitter.

So we are to take this as comedy.... um.... right?

Posted by mikey2573 2012-03-01 02:32:37

"Facts are a stubborn thing."

Problem is, you don't have any.

Posted by romantico 2012-03-01 06:49:27

Um, yeah we do. It's just inconvenient for you and your kind.You are trying to sell this guy and it turns out he is a first rate hypocrite.I suppose that you don't even believe the FACT that Mrs.Santorum use to live with an abortion Doctor(40 years older than she was) either.I am looking to see is she has admitted this.SO far I have not found an admission or denial.

Then to complicate things,there is this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/21/rick-santorum-abortion_n_1291634.html

Mikey is like a typical Republican. They HATE Facts about "their Guy" so they use the old 'liberal media' excuse and how they are always the victim when up against the press. They claim FOX NEWS is the ONLY fair and balance media outlet there is. This explains why you simply refuse the facts. There is no use is talking with a moron who cherry picks the news. They believe all bad things written about Democrats but anything negative about a Republican is the media being unfair and bias.

Posted by JerseyGirl2 2012-03-01 07:21:45

Um... the doctor delivered her and she went on to move in with him?

Posted by mikey2573 2012-03-01 09:09:23

So, we can put the "Santorum's Wife Had an Abortion" story in with the "President Bush Amazed by Grocery Store Scanner" story and the "Gingrich Delivered Divorce Papers to Dying Wife's Hospital Bed" story; file under MYTH!

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-03-01 09:14:27

And the "mikey 2573 is fully capable of taking a woman to orgasm" myth.

Posted by romantico 2012-03-01 09:34:51

You can put it under myth, but that would not be true,but you only care about the truth when it deals with a Democrat. Yes,Bush being amazed at the grocery store scanner is a myth and most people never even heard that story.Newt serving his wife divorce papers while dying in the hospital?Not true but there is more to the story than that. Either you are intentionally editing the facts on this or you are just ignorant.

"Mother Jones, Nov. 1, 1984: Jackie had undergone surgery for cancer of the uterus during the 1978 campaign, a fact Gingrich was not loath to use in conversations or speeches that year. After the separation in 1980, she had to be operated on again, to remove another tumor.

While she was still in the hospital, according to Howell, 'Newt came up there with his yellow legal pad, and he had a list of things on how the divorce was going to be handled. He wanted her to sign it. She was still recovering from surgery, still sort of out of it, and he comes in with a yellow sheet of paper, handwritten, and wants her to sign it.'

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/12/the-gingrich-divorce-myth/

Not sure how you will play this one Mikey. Because it is not entirely true you may embrace this source because it does some sort of debunking and does not show a Republican in a totally bad light. The again, anyone who reads the entire article can't still help but say Newt was a real scumbag for doing this. The fact he cheated on two of his ex wives, and his current wife is his former mistress really speaks volumes on this family friendly hypocrite's character.

So,that still leaves the fact that Karen Santorum had an abortion but called it something else so it would not make her or her husband look like hypocrites. Oh,and yes not only was Karen Santorum's boyfriend at the time 40 years older but he delivered her as well. That on top of the creepy factor of bringing the dead baby home and traumatizing their family plus their 15th century religious views really show how F^#$)@ this family REALLY IS!

Oh, and I am sure you aware that Al Gore never said he invented the internet.

Posted by mikey2573 2012-03-01 10:25:14

Geez!! When your OWN LINK proves you wrong!!

Q: Did Newt Gingrich ask his former wife to sign divorce papers on her deathbed?

A: No. Jackie Battley is still alive, and the couple was already in divorce proceedings at the time of the 1980 hospital visit. But she was recovering from surgery to remove a tumor, and the former House speaker admits that they “got into an argument.”

FULL QUESTION

Did Newt Gingrich ask his former wife to sign divorce papers on her deathbed?

FULL ANSWER

For almost three decades, Newt Gingrich has been dogged by a story that he served his first wife divorce papers while she lay in a hospital bed battling — or in some versions dying from — cancer. It didn’t happen that way.

In fact, Gingrich, the presidential candidate and former House speaker, and his first wife, Jackie Battley, had already separated before she was hospitalized. He had filed for divorce, and she was seeking alimony and custody of their two children. And while Battley had earlier undergone cancer surgery, this time she was in the hospital recovering from surgery to remove a tumor that — according to one of the couple’s daughters — was benign. Battley isn’t talking to reporters, but she’s still very much alive.

Again, from your own link!

Posted by romantico 2012-03-01 10:43:25

Yes, my own link. Did you notice where I said this?

"Newt serving his wife divorce papers while dying in the hospital?Not true but there is more to the story than that. Either you are intentionally editing the facts on this or you are just ignorant."

I am agreeing with you Sherlock. I said it was NOT TRUE,like you said. I just added more facts than you did. Has it come to this? You are so desperate that you have to on top of rewriting history you have to rewrite my own posts?

You are seriously a school teacher? You could not pick up on me saying I agree with you,finding in the link an exact quote I even cut and pasted to put in the post, and I agreed with you. Even after all of that you still had to become this defensive freeper and attack? You are so full of rage you are overlooking the basics.

More people in this post have provided way more facts than you Mikey. I bet you believe that if you repeat a lie over and over it magically becomes true somehow.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-03-01 10:45:33

I'm sure he's a school teacher like Lisa Whelchel is a school teacher. The sheer ignorance of this man shouldn't amaze me, but it really does.

Posted by romantico 2012-03-01 10:49:25

I can only imagine what he is teaching them about President Obama and George W.Bush. Judging by his countless lies, errors and goofs,I hope he does not teach history.God help the children!

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-03-01 10:51:37

His science, I mean bible study class, must be pretty interesting as well.

Posted by mikey2573 2012-03-01 11:08:45

Let me make this REAL simple. I posted that "Gingrich Delivered Divorce Papers to Dying Wife's Hospital Bed" was a liberal MYTH.

Did Gingrich deliver "Divorce Papers" to his wife at that hospital?

Was his wife "dying"? (The tumor she had removed was benign.)

Since the answer to both of those questions is "NO", then I submit that I was 100% correct!

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2012-03-01 11:12:48

I submit that you and the rest of your fanatical, insane, ridiculous, nonsensical, offensive, lunatic, Anti-American party are all more of a danger to this country than anyone overseas is and if America wakes up, they'll see the true terrorists are right here at home calling themselves Republicans.

Posted by JerseyGirl2 2012-03-14 11:10:03

A friend of my mother's, who had at least three abortions back in the 80s/90s, possibly more, is all gung-ho Santorum. It's taking ALL I have to not call her out on her hypocrisy.

Posted by Calvin 2012-03-14 11:44:52

It's a glib way to phrase how Newt acted like a scumbag in that situation, not meant to be taken literally, that has slowly evolved into truthiness. Just like how even though Al Gore never said anything close to "I invented the Internet," that's often attributed to him as a verbatim quote. Just how it works, I'm afraid.

Posted by Reginald Tresilian 2012-03-14 12:06:47

JG2, has your mother's friend expressed why she supports Santorum?

Calvin, agreed.

Posted by Calvin 2012-03-14 12:29:49

Santorum still has virtually no shot at winning this thing. The media is only pretending he does so they can prolong primary coverage (all the way to the convention, perhaps). Even though Santorum technically "won" two states last night, the delegates are split proportionally, and with Romney's win in Hawaii, Romney actually picked up more delegates than Santorum did last night.

Posted by Mister Matt 2012-03-14 12:51:43

It's a glib way to phrase how Newt acted like a scumbag in that situation, not meant to be taken literally, that has slowly evolved into truthiness.

It's the media telephone game. My sister-in-law subscribes to every Tea Party conspiracy theory Fox News has to offer. She was CONVINCED Obamacare would directly kill my niece (she has Downs and Cystic Fibrosis) and launched into a tirade demanding the impeachment of Obama for conspiracy to commit murder. I'm not kidding.

It's like getting a connect-the-dots book which can be fun if you work it out page by page and watch the pictures appear. But if you take dots from one page, add dots from another page, dots from another book, hand it to Glenn Beck, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Palin, and the entire staff of Fox News to add in their own dots, then stick in a few of your own, you will end up with a naked picture of Obama and Satan's gay wedding at the Folsom Street Fair where they are having sex in public atop a pile of dead white babies.

Posted by Calvin 2012-03-14 12:53:35

And Breitbart, God rest his soul, could skip all those steps by dressing a guy up like a pimp and editing tapes.

Posted by romantico 2012-03-14 13:07:35

The press want Santorum in this race for as long as possible. They just love posting headlines like this.

Posted by Mister Matt 2012-03-14 13:13:44

And just look at that Santorum-eating grin on his face!

Posted by romantico 2012-03-14 14:42:13

You mean this face?

Posted by thetinymagic2 2012-03-16 03:10:34

http://gothamist.com/2012/03/15/santorum_says_puerto_rico_must_spea.php

Posted by romantico 2012-03-17 11:34:51

Two Men Kiss, Get Booted From Santorum Rally

http://www.towleroad.com/2012/03/two-men-kiss-get-booted-from-santorum-rally.html#more

Posted by FindingNamo 2012-03-17 11:39:03

This *would* be a great time for the return of The Queer Nation Kiss-In.