THIS WEEK IN PICTURES: June 9-15
Whether you've been living under a rock for the past week, or you're just in the mood for a recap of everything theatre, BroadwayWorld's feature, 'This Week in Pictures' is here to satisfy your end of the week fix. Take a look below to catch up on the latest happenings from the Great White Way to the West End (and everywhere in between) with coverage of press events, rehearsals, opening nights and more!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK: ONCE scores big at the Tonys, ROCK OF AGES hits the big screen, HARVEY returns to Broadway, and so much more!
For last week's biggest events: visit THIS WEEK IN PICTURES: June 2-8.
Neil Patrick Harris with the cast of Peter and the Starcatcher
Tony night was one for the record books and BroadwayWorld.com brought you live updates all night. The three-hour ceremony was broadcast from the Beacon Theatre, on the CBS television network on Sunday, June 10, 2012. Check out more photos from the ceremony here!
BroadwayWorld was on hand inside the winners’ room at the 2012 Tony Awards, where each of the night’s honorees stopped by to celebrate. Click here for more from the winners’ room.
The evening's big winners included ONCE for Best Musical, CLYBOURNE PARK for Best Play and DEATH OF A SALESMAN for Best Revival of a Play and PORGY & BESS for Best Revival of a Musical. Steve Kazee, Audra McDonald, Nina Arianda and James Corden were honored as Best Actors in their respective categories. For ore photos from the after-party, click here.
Off-Broadway's Irish Repertory Theatre presented a concert performance of Lionel Bart's OLIVER! for its 2012 Annual Benefit Gala at The Shubert Theatre, helmed by Charlotte Moore. The all-star company was led by Brian Stokes Mitchell, Tony Award-winner for KISS ME, KATE, as Fagin; James Barbour (A TALE OF TWO CITIES) as Bil Sykes; and Tony-nominee Melissa Errico (AMOUR) as Nancy. Click here for more photos from the event!
- Hottest Articles on BWW from Thursday, Dec. 12
- The Fulton to Offer First-Ever Chicago Theatre Tour; Registration Deadline 1/8
- Pilobolus to Return to Houston 1/10; Program Features Collaborative Work with Penn & Teller
- Photo Flash: First Glance at Lookingglass Theatre's THE LITTLE PRINCE
- Photo Flash: TheatreWorks' LITTLE WOMEN Opens in a Flurry
- Chicago Playworks for Families and Young Audiences Presents NUMBER THE STARS Based on Lois Lowry's Newbery Award-winning Novel January 18 - February 22, 2014
- Plano Children's Theatre Adds Four Performances Each of SCROOGE and WILLY WONKA
- Hell in a Handbag Productions Adds Four Performances of CHRISTMAS DEAREST, 1/3-5
- Surfside Players to Stage CHRISTMAS CAROLERS, 12/20-22
- HISPA Role Model Program Inspires Students to Attend College