Complete Photo Coverage: First Look at FIRST YOU DREAM Revue at Kennedy Center!
First You Dream: The Music of Kander & Ebb opened at the Kennedy Center last night, June 13, where it plays in the Eisenhower Theater through July 1, 2012. The show stars Heidi Blickenstaff, James Clow, Alan H. Green, Leslie Kritzer, Patina Miller, and Matthew Scott. BroadwayWorld brings you a complete first look at the show below!
Originally produced at Signature Theatre in Virginia and co-conceived by David Loud and Eric Schaeffer, the production features music by John Kander, lyrics by Fred Ebb, and is directed by Eric Schaeffer. Jon Kalbfleisch conducts the 22-piece Kennedy Center Opera House Orchestra.
First You Dream: The Music of Kander & Ebb celebrates the legendary five-decade partnership of songwriting duo John Kander and Fred Ebb who brought us Cabaret, Chicago, Kiss of the Spider Woman, and Zorba. Songs include “The Cell Block Tango,” “Maybe This Time,” “Ring Them Bells,” “Sing Happy,” “Razzle Dazzle,” and many more.
John Kander and Fred Ebb’s long collaboration has created many Broadway standards and contemporary classics: Flora the Red Menace, Cabaret (Tony Award®), The Happy Time, Zorba, 70 Girls 70, Chicago, The Act, Woman of the Year (Tony Award®), The Rink, Kiss of the Spider Woman (Tony Award®), Steel Pier, Curtains, and The Scottsboro Boys. Their collaboration also transferred itself to movies and television, original material for the Academy Awards, Liza with a Z, Emmy Award and HBO’s Liza Minnelli’s Steppin Out (Emmy Award), Funny Lady, Oscar nominated for How Lucky Can You Get, Lucky Lady, New York, New York, Stepping Out and Chicago the movie. Oscar nominated for Move On. The song “New York, New York” became the official anthem of New York City in the mid-1980s. The Visit and All About Us have been produced regionally.
The Kennedy Center production of First You Dream: The Music of Kander & Ebb will feature scenic design by James Kronzer, costume design by Kathleen Geldard, lighting design by Howell Binkley, and sound design by Kai Harada. The production will include musical staging by Karma Camp, orchestrations by William David Brohn, music supervision and vocal arrangement by David Loud, and casting by Laura Stanczyk Casting.
Photo Credit: Joan Marcus
- Hottest Articles on BWW from Tuesday, Mar. 11
- MovEnt to Hit the Town with New, Civic-Minded 'Community Stages' Project
- Possum Point Players' SOUTH PACIFIC Comes to Georgetown, 4/4-13
- Young Jean Lee's STRAIGHT WHITE MEN to Premiere at Wexner Center, 4/10-13
- Atlantic Theater's THE THREEPENNY OPERA, with Laura Osnes and F. Murray Abraham, Begins Previews Tonight
- New Edition of FORBIDDEN BROADWAY to 'Come Out Swinging!' at the Davenport, 3/17
- Maryland Ensemble Theatre to Stage THE GOD OF THIS WORLD Reading, 3/23
- New Nightclub Verboten to Open 3/14 in the Heart of Williamsburg
- Amused Moose Soho to Host Remaining Quarterfinals for 2014 LAUGH OFF, March 30 & April 6
- Amused Moose Soho Sets LAUGH OFF Quarterfinals 1 & 2 for March 23