it's Britney bitch!

legallysam Profile Photolegallysam Profile Photo
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
it's Britney bitch!#1
Posted: 6/15/09 at 3:54pm
it's Britney bitch!

so i may sound so pathetic and fangirly..but OMG was Sunday the best night of my live! I have no voice left, im quite ill and i don't care cause Miss Spears was on FIRE! People have been disappointed but i knew she was gonna mime and i didn't care, she more than made up with it with some crazy flying stunts, some amazing dancing and TWO live songs (and her singing was well ok btw!) It might not be the £10million extravaganza thats the Take That circus, but it was amazing and the set and everything was so clever and the changes were brilliant!

Britney's Back Bitches!!

it's Britney bitch!

it's Britney bitch!
"Rock Of Ages is about as original as gay men at a clap clinic" - SANDM2
Updated On: 6/15/09 at 03:54 PM
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: it's Britney bitch!#2
Posted: 6/15/09 at 4:10pm
For a moment I thought this was you FINALLY admitting shes a bitch... DAMN!

Did she actually sing at all?
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: it's Britney bitch!#2
Posted: 6/15/09 at 4:28pm
She is!

I dont see anything on here that says West End or Broadway?????

Delete this dreadfully tacky thread NOW!
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: it's Britney bitch!#3
Posted: 6/15/09 at 6:27pm
Con: she sang 'Everytime' live and she also sang 'Hit Me Baby One More Time' live as well :) she did it well..like really well.

Mama: Britney has been rumoured to appear in a couple of Broadway/West End shows... <<< there's your west end/broadway words..plus there was no mention of WE/B on the Take That thread. Don't hate Britney...we all love a bit of Trailer Trash!!
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: it's Britney bitch!#4
Posted: 6/15/09 at 6:31pm
You sure she was singing live?

I've seen her on tv APPARENTLY singing live, although it became obvious she wasnt when there was no microphone in sight... and she sounded good!
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: it's Britney bitch!#5
Posted: 6/15/09 at 6:34pm
This message board is about hosting what happens on stage, 'theatre' not some tart trouncing about on stage thinking she is the bees knees, she aint!
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: it's Britney bitch!#6
Posted: 6/15/09 at 6:37pm
No, there was deffinite live singing. The whole way through she used a round the face, typical Britney mic, then one of the dancers gave her a hand held and she talked to the arena and then sang, you could tell it was live, after hearing the click track for most of the show. She was pretty good though, much better than i thought she was gonna be. The same with HMBOMT, which was a lot harder, with the 3or 4 added dance breaks.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: it's Britney bitch!#7
Posted: 6/15/09 at 6:56pm
Its not a trailer, its a caravan.
SoonerOrLater Profile PhotoSoonerOrLater Profile Photo
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: it's Britney bitch!#8
Posted: 6/16/09 at 9:50am
lol. Caravan Trash.

I just can't get excited about Britney anymore, I used to love the *ahem* caravan trash pop tart to bits (I was young!) I even saw her last tour (driving all the way to Birmingham for it) but there's something just a bit half hearted about Britney of late.
Maybe I'm on nobody's side http://phdconfessions.blogspot.com/
WishingOnlyWounds2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: it's Britney bitch!#9
Posted: 6/16/09 at 12:23pm
I saw Britney when she was over here in New York- she was phenomenal!
2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot
chrissydee Profile Photochrissydee Profile Photo
chrissydee
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: it's Britney bitch!#10
Posted: 6/16/09 at 12:34pm
she is just a bit lifeless behind the eyes at the moment bless her.... like her soul has been zapped out!
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: it's Britney bitch!#11
Posted: 6/16/09 at 12:40pm
lol
re: it's Britney bitch!
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: it's Britney bitch!#12
Posted: 6/16/09 at 3:09pm
she's better now..shes a lot more alive :P
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: it's Britney bitch!#13
Posted: 6/16/09 at 4:39pm
Hold it, I don't like it when we start getting too militaristic about what can and can't be posted. After all, it is a performance of sorts, with a degree of theatricality... of sorts. I know most of us don't share the love- I think that first picture is truly hideous (just look at her arm line when she's meant to be a dancer!), but Sam loves her. Surely we can allow him one major aberration?
toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Phototoanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: it's Britney bitch!#14
Posted: 6/16/09 at 4:53pm
I did hear that she was going to sing some things live, but then there were stories about how she had re-recorded the vocals in a studio and they just played it as if she was singing live (instead of just lip syncing to the usual track).

Either way, I don't really know what to make of her anymore. I really want to route for her and think she'll just get over it and have a PROPER come back (cus I really don't qualify the past two attempts as proper come backs, it's far too premature for her to be out in full spot light) but I have doubts she'll ever be able to do it again and it might be nice for her to just bow out and relax.

Of course that won't happen because 'the man' wants to squeeze as much money out of her as possible.

Although maybe controversial, I've put all my hope in Lady GaGa. She's got all the theatrics, catchy tunes and diva-ness you want from a pop princess.
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: it's Britney bitch!#15
Posted: 6/16/09 at 5:02pm
Blackout was a hot mess..she was so ill when she made that album, and was forced to do it, hence why its over synthesised, over produced etc etc..

Circus is a much better album and she's actually well enough to tour! She managed to do 8shows in London instead of the 2planned, and is now off to Manchester, Dublin, Europe and Australia before going back to the US! Britney's back and she'll be around for a long time to come!

As for Lady Gaga, she is a wonderful songwriter, she can write a tune and it becomes an instant hit!! But i can't stand her image and her persona, and she can't sing live for ****...take a leaf out of britneys book and mime love.. :P
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: it's Britney bitch!#16
Posted: 6/16/09 at 5:03pm
Shes a mess and should be stopped
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: it's Britney bitch!#17
Posted: 6/16/09 at 5:10pm
SANDM2...you're on canal street a lot right? you of all people should know the deffinition of mess and Britney is certainly in perfect condition to the majority that hang (ab)out on that street.. :P
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: it's Britney bitch!#18
Posted: 6/16/09 at 5:17pm
I don't have any opinion on Britney whatsoever but since it's Sam's thread I've got to get a post in somehow.
Updated On: 6/16/09 at 05:17 PM
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: it's Britney bitch!#19
Posted: 6/16/09 at 5:22pm
Sam, SADM2 is the mess on Canal Street!
toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Phototoanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: it's Britney bitch!#20
Posted: 6/16/09 at 5:24pm
Yeah, 'Blackout' was a bit of a mess with some pretty good songs on it, but 'Circus' (although not AMAZING) was a far better album...though, I suppose you can't really credit much of that to her because she didn't write any of it...

From footage I've seen of her new tour, I have to admit that she's on good form...just a tad 'going through the motions' sometimes.

As for Lady Gaga...I have to admit that I really admire her style, obviously it doesn't always work out and no sane person would wear 99% of what she does but it's pretty...for a lack of a better non camp word...'fabulous'.

Oh, and with her singing...she actually has a pretty strong soulful voice when you listen to acoustics, but I totally agree that she mauls her songs live sometimes (a la Jonathan Ross).
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: it's Britney bitch!#21
Posted: 6/16/09 at 5:26pm
i didn't wanna say...i'll let you take the wrath for that one Mama re: it's Britney bitch!

"but since it's Sam's thread I've got to get a post in somehow."

i'm like the pide piper...walk and play Toxic on my flute, and all the gays come flocking to me re: it's Britney bitch!
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: it's Britney bitch!#22
Posted: 6/16/09 at 5:27pm
How do you know what it's like on Canal Street Sam?

You're not old enough to go to pubs'n'clubs.
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: it's Britney bitch!#23
Posted: 6/16/09 at 5:34pm
since when has something so trivial as age ever stopped anyone doing stuff they're not supposed to :P
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: it's Britney bitch!#24
Posted: 6/16/09 at 9:51pm
Yeah sam cant go to Canal Street as hes only like 11

Mamma on the other hand was there when they built Canal Street lol
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna