Page: 1

A Doll's House question

alastor Profile Photoalastor Profile Photo
alastor
Understudy
Understudy
A Doll's House question#1
Posted: 4/2/09 at 12:41am
I know the run is completely sold out, but does anyone know the process of standing in line for day-of tickets? How early do you have to get there and what kind of seats do you get? I think this and returned tickets are now the only way to get tickets right? Well, unless you buy them on the black market:) Thanks!
UKtheatrekid
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: A Doll's House question#2
Posted: 4/2/09 at 5:10am
while i cant comment on this production, for the meniers 'sold out' Piaf season i was able to get a single from the box office easily. hope this helps x
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Doll's House question#2
Posted: 4/2/09 at 5:49pm
IT'S SOLD OUT!
ARGGGG! re: A Doll's House question
I wanted to lose my Donmar virginity to this re: A Doll's House question
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
legallysam Profile Photolegallysam Profile Photo
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Doll's House question#3
Posted: 4/2/09 at 6:26pm
why lose it to Dolls House when you get the chance to have it taken by Street Car!
"Rock Of Ages is about as original as gay men at a clap clinic" - SANDM2
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Doll's House question#4
Posted: 4/3/09 at 3:14pm
I queued up for Othello, which wasn't terrible. I arrived about quarter past 8 in the morning; I wasn't in time for one of the dayseats, but I got a standing ticket and thoroughly enjoyed the performance. So I've no idea where the dayseats actually are, but the standing room at the back of the circle is all right as long as the cast don't come too far downstage. It helps that no one is behind you so you can stretch up as high as you need. re: A Doll's House question

You'd probably want to try arriving pretty early for A Doll's House. I can't quite work out if the cast will be a bigger or lesser draw than the Othello cast, but the fact it won't be January means there'll probably be more people willing to queue. Although I arrived at a similar time to queue for Ivanov and was second in the queue, and that wasn't dead of January (although November isn't necessarily much warmer XD). Also, midweek performances generally see fewer people queueing than weekend performances; if you want to queue on a Saturday, you'll probably want to arrive dead early.
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Doll's House question#5
Posted: 4/5/09 at 1:51pm
"why lose it to Dolls House when you get the chance to have it taken by Street Car!"

Because I'm an Ibsen whore :P
Also if I ever saw Streetcar I wouldn't be able to stop picturing Marge Simpson as Blanche lol I'm so odd...
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Doll's House question#5
Posted: 4/5/09 at 1:51pm
"why lose it to Dolls House when you get the chance to have it taken by Street Car!"

Because I'm an Ibsen whore :P
Also if I ever saw Streetcar I wouldn't be able to stop picturing Marge Simpson as Blanche lol I'm so odd...
abitoftap Profile Photoabitoftap Profile Photo
abitoftap
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: A Doll's House question#7
Posted: 4/5/09 at 2:14pm
I saw the opening night of the Janet Mcteer Dolls House (in Norwich!), which on to win awards in the West End and Tonys in New York.

My partner said it was the best thing ever..I got bored and moaned about her fluttery hands.

What do I know!
alastor Profile Photoalastor Profile Photo
alastor
Understudy
Understudy
re: A Doll's House question#8
Posted: 4/6/09 at 2:54am
Thanks for all the info! How long do you have to wait in line? As visitors, the rest of my family won't be too keen on waiting in a line when we could be doing other stuff, but....if it's anything like waiting for Jersey Boys rush tickets, haha I dunno..