Page: 1

SpongeBob - The Sponge Who Could Fly!

Spotlight61
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
SpongeBob - The Sponge Who Could Fly!#1
Posted: 2/7/09 at 6:04pm
Caught this little show at Hackney Empire this evening, I was made to go by my nephew. I was totally blown away at what fun this was. The quality of the music was great and a very strong visual show, which delighted all the kids and us adults too.

A strong and entertaining cast but sadly no programmes to know who they are.

The cost of the merchandise is outrageous!

The whole evening including the interval came in at 92 minutes.

If you get a chance to see it - go!
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Every kids show i have seen in the last 40 years has always been of the most incredible, top notch quality. From David Wood and his 'Gingerbread Man' etc thru to 'Paddington Bear' and 'Winnie The Pooh', 'Toad Of Toad Hall' etc its always been a blast.
re: SpongeBob - The Sponge Who Could Fly!
This new one sounds just as good too.
Updated On: 2/7/09 at 07:52 PM
tommyslim Profile Phototommyslim Profile Photo
tommyslim
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
i cannot wait for it to come to us.

thankfully the tour is selling well now too, much to the production companies delight.

its just a shame there's so many kids shows touring at the moment, if they'd have toured it at a different time i think they'do alot better advance sales wise. i've seen the promo dvd and it looks fantastic!
"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SpongeBob - The Sponge Who Could Fly!#3
Posted: 4/22/09 at 3:49pm
Saw this tonight in Sunderland and the theatre was extremely empty. Haven't seen it that empty since the tour of Godspell afew years back.

Show was alright, my younger sister certainly enjoyed it though, and I got the ticks for free through ANLO so can't really complain...

Apart from that NAFF programme I paid 4 quid for and all it has is kids puzzles and crap! I know its a kids show but a little bit more info about the cast would be nice.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SpongeBob - The Sponge Who Could Fly!#4
Posted: 4/22/09 at 4:32pm
My sponge flew in the shower this morning but there wasn't anything musical about it!

What is a sponge bob???
Updated On: 4/22/09 at 04:32 PM
tommyslim Profile Phototommyslim Profile Photo
tommyslim
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: SpongeBob - The Sponge Who Could Fly!#5
Posted: 4/22/09 at 4:41pm
oh mama you could have bought one from the spongebob merch stall for 20quid and that should be more than musical for that price!

I must say though I saw this on Sunday at the Lowry and it was fantastic! It had everything a kids show should have in it. The cast (for 11am on a Sunday morning) were absolutely full of energy and enthusiasm.

And as for comparing it to other kids shows personally I think this is way above most of them touring at the moment... trust me i've seen some s**t come to the lowry!

The only downer like you say Mark was the audience numbers. Its one of the lowest audience numbered shows i've sat through at the lowry... and we're talking 200 in a what is just short of 1500 seater theatre. And it is a shame... but Spongebob is just too expensive... top priced seats at the lowry were 28 for Adults, and under 18's were half price, but no other concessions other than a family ticket. Too expensive in my opinion.

if you get chance to go though please do... it is a great little show!
"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SpongeBob - The Sponge Who Could Fly!#6
Posted: 4/22/09 at 4:55pm
Will there be a sequel called "SpongeBob 2: Love Never Flies"?
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SpongeBob - The Sponge Who Could Fly!#7
Posted: 4/22/09 at 5:02pm
'SpongeBob 3-Where did that bar of soap go?'
mikeyb16 Profile Photomikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: SpongeBob - The Sponge Who Could Fly!#8
Posted: 4/24/09 at 11:18am
We were supposed to have the show in Cardiff in July. It was planned to play at the New Theatre after Beauty & Beast but for some reason the show was taken off the website, meaning the engagement for Cardiff has been cancelled or something?
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SpongeBob - The Sponge Who Could Fly!#9
Posted: 4/24/09 at 2:13pm
I remember it being advertised heavily at the New Theatre during the last panto.
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SpongeBob - The Sponge Who Could Fly!#10
Posted: 4/24/09 at 5:16pm
I love Spongebob's surreal humour and the great song "Now that we're Men!" from the movie. This looks like just the thing for all the goofy goobers out there!

(PS I'm off to the NEw Theatre in a couple of weeks to see the 700th national tour of An Inspector Calls)

MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SpongeBob - The Sponge Who Could Fly!#11
Posted: 4/24/09 at 7:35pm
Great little theatre.
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SpongeBob - The Sponge Who Could Fly!#12
Posted: 4/24/09 at 8:34pm
Yes the New Theatre is lovely.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***