Page: 2

Greatest Musical Of The Last 30 Years Is...

Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think Lord of the rings given by the people applying to the poll, LOTR and Wicked is very fresh in their minds, so maybe a bit of a spontaneous answer, in fact I enjoyed LOTR more than I did Wicked, maybe at Wicked next week, to give it the benefit of the doubt.
Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
well i voted for ragtime and the witches of eastwick ! 2 i knew would not win but hey !
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
Acaila
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
There is no hope for humanity any more...

I may throw my lot in with Sister G at this rate!

I am surprised, though pleasantly, by Lord of the Rings' inclusion. Much as I really like it (it's probably at number 4 in my favourite musicals) I wouldn't have ever expected it to be in a serious list of the top West End musicals.

Personally, I voted once each for Chess and LOTR (sorry, but it was at number 10 at the time so I felt it actually had a chance!) and with all my remaining e-mail accounts for Les Mis in a vain attempt to topple Wicked. And sent round links to my musical fan friends who have some modicum of taste.

The whole thing does reek a bit of mass fangirl voting. Very disappointed.

Anyone remember Channel 4's 100 Greatest Musicals? I had to put up with some idiotic non-theatrical friends gloating that Buffy's Once More With Feeling was better than Les Mis for months! Oh, democracy really does not work!
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
As much as I love Lord of the Rings and Wicked I think this list is a bit odd. There are 2 musicals older than 30 years and some notable absenses (as mentioned above).
It is hard picking a favourite, I had the idea to list all the shows I had seen and including dance and comedy it was 60 shows, over 40 musicals and no way that I could pick a favourite. And that is just in the last 4 years for me!