Fourth Friday: Free and clear

exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Fourth Friday: Free and clear#1
Posted: 9/26/08 at 4:08pm
So who's in tonight?

I know I am - a theatrical double decker yesterday and the Dominion tour this morning have knocked me pretty flat. Looking forward to a calm weekend, and possibly doing some serious cooking over the weekend as I finish getting images together for an article.
legallysam Profile Photolegallysam Profile Photo
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear#2
Posted: 9/26/08 at 4:18pm
Im in re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear
i kinda wish i could say my weekend was theatre free..but i have a tonne of notes to do for Theatre Studies, write my PA diary and learn lines for Metapohosis! re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear ohwell ill get it done tomorrow hopefully!

On the plus i did my monologue performance and got great feedback! was so happy with myself (that was mainly for Scripps re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear). And ive now got tickets for Oedipus and Tweflth Night, as well as making a return trip to the Savoy for Never Forget (go on stone me!!) but its part of my gay best friend duty..! haha
"Rock Of Ages is about as original as gay men at a clap clinic" - SANDM2
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear#2
Posted: 9/26/08 at 4:44pm
no one else in tonight..? :S
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear#3
Posted: 9/26/08 at 5:07pm
Guess not! All quiet on the West End front.
Acaila
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear#4
Posted: 9/26/08 at 5:42pm
I'm here :)
Chilling at the end of a busy week now I'm back at uni.
Still not managed to get a job, so am easing the rejections with chocolate ice cream and show tunes.
And plotting to write to lots of theatre companies for placements...most nervewracking!
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear#5
Posted: 9/26/08 at 5:43pm
I'm here, a bit. ^_^ I'm trying to play 'Final Fantasy VIII' on a temperamental PS2 while simultaneously watching 'Slings & Arrows' on the ebuTuoY. I'm also enjoying the non-antagonistic peace after the last few days of hardcore drama llama!
Acaila
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear#6
Posted: 9/26/08 at 5:50pm
Hardcore drama-llama? On here?

And cheers for the tip about Slings and Arrows - I've fancied watching it but only region 1 DVDs available re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear
I gave up playing SimCity a while ago...I think imaginary townplanning is a bit sad on a friday night, even for me
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear#7
Posted: 9/26/08 at 5:52pm
ahh drama llama! :) ive managed to convinve my dad to sit down an watch Dreamgirls..fair enough hes got through a whole bottle of wine..but i think hes quite enjoying it..his foot can be sen tapping away :P bless him!
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear#8
Posted: 9/26/08 at 5:55pm
'Slings & Arrows' is AWESOME. I highly recommend it to all. It's directly related to 'The Drowsy Chaperone', and every now and then, Paul Gross starts morphing into a Canadian Bernard Black in front of my very eyes. I LOVE the ebuTuoY. :3

I'm very sad that the PS2 is temperamental. I want to fight Garden Master NORG and fly to Fisherman's Horizon, but it's frozen on an FMV. BAHHH!

I have a study day tomorrow, so it's probably for the best. I need to be able to get up early in the morning, and if I'm playing video games until 6am again, it is NOT going to happen. (Actually, it probably would, except then I'd have no sleep. XD)
Updated On: 9/26/08 at 05:55 PM
Acaila
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear#9
Posted: 9/26/08 at 5:55pm
Hmm, I've actually never seen Dreamgirls!

Oh, and Weez, since I think it was you I saw discussing Remixed in a thread a few days ago, my friend forwarded me an e-mail last night for a company looking for a director for Rent since he thought I might be interested! re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear#10
Posted: 9/26/08 at 6:01pm
I netflixed my way through Slings & Arrows right before I moved to the UK last year.

Needless to say, I gave in before my Shakespeare course this year and ordered the R1 box (thanks Axelmusic - no customs!)

Seriously folks, hack your DVD player and shell out the cash. The series is awesome, and every time I start watching bits of it I find myself forced to sit and play through each season in full. Not good when I need to get up in the morning and start preferring Paul Gross to sleep.
Acaila
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear#11
Posted: 9/26/08 at 6:02pm
I don't even have a DVD player to hack re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear I press my PS2 into service, or occasionally my laptop :) Too poor for such luxuries as DVD players re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear#12
Posted: 9/26/08 at 6:10pm
Well, LoveFilm is hinting that a region 2 release is forthcoming (although I know they're hardly the best source for these things), and I'm fairly poor at the moment, so I'm going to hang on for now. But I will definitely put my money where my mouth is at some point in the future and become an owner. :)
Updated On: 9/26/08 at 06:10 PM
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear#13
Posted: 9/26/08 at 6:35pm
Good, good. =)

And this week's Broadwaysecrets is up....and completely overloaded with Blonde, TOS, and Wicked...time to start digging for obscurities again to mess with people.
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear#14
Posted: 9/26/08 at 6:39pm
I was contemplating skipping this week's BroadwaySecrets on the grounds that it would just be a total mess of [tos], 'Xanadu', and 'Legally Blonde'. But who can pass up a trainwreck? I'm surprised actually that there's hardly any 'Xanadu'; less surprised that there's so much 'Wicked' and 'Spring Awakening'. What's with all the Kristin Chenoweth?

(Are you actually an LJ user, exy? Did I ever know who you are? If you are but don't want to identify yourself here, use some kind of secret signal in the secret post or something, I think I'm fairly recognisable. XD)
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear#15
Posted: 9/26/08 at 6:59pm
I read both fandomsecrets and broadwaysecrets but I rarely post to either out of laziness or lack of ideas. I also tend to go for snark or silliness over "I'd hit it" or "OMFGKRISTEN." I don't comment either. A lot of it is having a couple of friends to laugh at it with, and we run our submissions past each other when we do post.

That said, I only wish that I'd been clever enough to do this week's "In My Life" secret - I love that show.

legally_wicked
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear#16
Posted: 9/27/08 at 7:15am
I commented that maybe Kristin wasn't robbed of an Emmy, maybe she didn't deserve one and got called bitter, unattractive and untalented hahaha bless the Kristin fans.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear#17
Posted: 9/27/08 at 7:25am
Oh see i love me some Kristen (especially in Pushing Dasie's)
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear#18
Posted: 9/27/08 at 8:20am
Thanks for the update on the Paul monologue Sam I'm pleased to hear it went well.

I took a friend to see the revival of A Chorus Line on Broadway a couple of years ago. This friend is more than twice your age but is still ill at ease with being gay eg he's a brilliant triathlete who always gets best-of-age-group in triathalons but won't enter the Gay Games. I was hoping that the Paul monologue would provoke some kind of positive reaction in him, and the actor who delivered certainly did well - I was sniffling and snuffling into my 'kerchief. Instead he slept through the whole thing (having cycled the full length of Manhattan and back again earlier in the day). I was quietly livid.
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear#19
Posted: 9/27/08 at 11:58am
woah....he SLEPT through A Chorus Line?? I would've attached him to electrodes and celotaped his eyes open, long biuke ride or not!! :P haha
it took me like 15/20minutes to get through it..i was a worn out, knackered, mess afterwards :P
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear#20
Posted: 9/28/08 at 5:05am
"he SLEPT through A Chorus Line?? I would've attached him to electrodes and celotaped his eyes open."

Yeah - that's how I felt.

"i was a worn out, knackered, mess afterwards"

That's a measure of how well it went! Congrats!
RaspberrySparkles Profile PhotoRaspberrySparkles Profile Photo
RaspberrySparkles
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear#21
Posted: 9/28/08 at 7:02am
I had a really busy Saturday, I had to get up really early to go to my audition for the Jack Petchey thingy. The dancing was awful, my group ALL forgot the routine and they made us do it 3 times, and infront of everyone, it was bad....but soinging was good =D
Then I had to go to a party, which was kinda boring..
I'm now debating whether or not it's sad to see 2 shows on my birthday seeing as it's a Saturday (11th October), or whether I should do something else...
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear#22
Posted: 9/28/08 at 7:39am
It's your birthday. Do what makes you happy.
RaspberrySparkles Profile PhotoRaspberrySparkles Profile Photo
RaspberrySparkles
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear#23
Posted: 9/28/08 at 7:40am
I'll probably see at least one show, but then there's the choice of which ONES re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear#24
Posted: 9/28/08 at 8:19am
My birthday was fun; that was the week 'War & Peace' came to the Theatre Royal in Bath, and my birthday fell on the Saturday, with part one in the afternoon and part two in the evening. I went home after the matinee for cake, then went straight back to the theatre. TOTALLY the best way to spend my day. :3

Thanks to Hytner, I can probably totally see a play on my Sunday birthday next year. Yay! I've already got 'Taming of the Shrew' for the day before. re: Fourth Friday: Free and clear