'Rebecca- The Musical' -On Broadway

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
'Rebecca- The Musical' -On Broadway#1
Posted: 9/7/08 at 7:16am
'Rebecca- The Musical' -On Broadway

Broadway is to get the European musical 'Rebecca' early next year, lets hope its on theses shores not long after.

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 9/7/08 at 07:16 AM
ThankstoPhantom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Rebecca' On Broadway#2
Posted: 9/7/08 at 10:59am
Oh, wickedboy! Have you also seen Rebecca? When did you see it, and what did you think of that incredible singer/actress Susan Rigvava-Dumas? I always enjoy hearing your opinions on shows!
How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Rebecca' On Broadway#2
Posted: 9/7/08 at 11:02am
I haven't seen it but I've heard it and it is beautiful.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Paulyd Profile PhotoPaulyd Profile Photo
Paulyd
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: 'Rebecca' On Broadway#3
Posted: 9/7/08 at 11:10am
One of my favourite movies. I always thought it could work as a musical
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Rebecca' On Broadway#4
Posted: 9/7/08 at 11:48am
re: 'Rebecca' On Broadway

The West End transfer of the recent tour with Nigel Havers has sadly been shelved. A stunning, atmospheric production that deserved a London run! So lets have the musical please!

exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Rebecca' On Broadway#5
Posted: 9/7/08 at 2:48pm
Seen this in Vienna, love it, want someone to get me a job on it.

But all this love for Susan? She's awesome in the role, but not irreplaceable. There's also no texture whatsoever to her portrayal, though that could be all from Zambello.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Rebecca' On Broadway#6
Posted: 9/7/08 at 2:56pm
OK so who do we have with a voice for Mrs Danvers????
ThankstoPhantom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Rebecca' On Broadway#7
Posted: 9/7/08 at 3:24pm
Seriously, I can't think of anyone else who would be able to set such an incredible standard for that role....I don't necessarily agree with the interpretation she's been directed in (doesn't mean I do not enjoy it), but she is nonetheless chilling and spectacular in the role. She's really the most unique person in the Original Cast, and the only one that they should be trying to import (if they do plan on importing anyone).
How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Rebecca' On Broadway#8
Posted: 9/7/08 at 3:27pm
Wickedboy: Pia Douwes took the role on the English demo and knocked it out of the park. She's also proven she can lose the accent during her runs in Chicago.

Locals...still not the best acting/singing judge out there, but I'm sure there must be people who can take it on.
lovepigeon Profile Photolovepigeon Profile Photo
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: 'Rebecca' On Broadway#9
Posted: 9/8/08 at 3:46am
I saw that production on tour and loved it. Nigel Havers was so hammy, it was almost like a piss take, but the rest of the cast were just awesome. The production was clever too, and Mrs Danvers in the fire at the end was incredible. I was disappointed that it never went West End.

I'm not sure how well a musical would do in London... I'm thinking Haymarket.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Rebecca' On Broadway#10
Posted: 9/8/08 at 5:47am
How big is the musical?
Its funny you should say Haymarket as that is where the play was due to open but 'Margurite fused and fussed about staying till November that the tour was pulled. A big shame cos I agree it was a wonderful night.
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Rebecca' On Broadway#11
Posted: 9/8/08 at 5:50am
The musical as-staged in Vienna is quite big - giant staircase coming in from below, the library set turns, there's also moving walls (shamelessly copied in Marguerite), and the cast in Vienna is upwards of 30 people.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Rebecca' On Broadway#12
Posted: 9/8/08 at 5:52am
*just remember guys that I didn't say at any point it was coming to London. Just that I was jealous that it was going to NEw York! I said I hope and pray it does!
x
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Rebecca' On Broadway#13
Posted: 9/9/08 at 6:13pm
I hope they re-orchestrate it- it sounds terribly euro-pop, (I know for some that is a compliment, but for me, it reminds of Bonnie Tyler circa 1982. Shudders)
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Rebecca' On Broadway#14
Posted: 9/10/08 at 1:30am
I am very much looking forward to this. I am glad that they are letting the original creative team stay on. The last musical Broadway got from Europe was Dance of The Vampires. We all knew what a mess that was. I think that the show would have done better if the original creative team stayed on so that Broadway would get the same version of the show that people got to see in Germany.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Rebecca' On Broadway#15
Posted: 9/11/08 at 12:02pm
I have a thing for German musicals! Haha! Elisabeth, Tanz, Glockner, but I don't know this, anybody reccomend a cast recording? I totally agree with winston89, what a mess Tanz was on Broadway, would love to see it mounted here with the original creative team behind it, what an amazing show it is. Hope Rebecca comes over as well, seems like a great show :) same team as Elisabeth is it not..?
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II