Page: 1

'Annie' Down Under

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
'Annie' Down Under#1
Posted: 6/7/08 at 8:35pm
Has anyone any thing on the Australian 1978 production of 'Annie'? I've just ordered the CD of the Original Australian Cast.
x
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Annie' Down Under#2
Posted: 6/7/08 at 10:37pm
What do you need to know?

It opened in October 1978 at Her Majesty's Theatre Melbourne where it played for seven months before moving onto HMT Sydney then to the festival Theatre Adelaide where it closed in February of 1980.

Principal cast : Jill Perryman (Miss Hannigan), Hayes Gordon (Daddy Warbucks), Anne Grigg (Grace), Nancye Hayes (Lily St Regis), Kevan Johnston (Rooster) Sally Ann Bourne/Sandra Knowles/ Cindy Lee as Annie.

The tempos on this album are fast! They tried to get as much on the album as possible without making cuts.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Annie' Down Under#2
Posted: 6/7/08 at 11:21pm
The site I'm getting CDs from in Australia has this production on CD and also, supposedly, 2 very rare Jill Perryman albums.
I don't know her. Is she as fab as Julie anthony????

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 6/7/08 at 11:21 PM
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Annie' Down Under#3
Posted: 6/7/08 at 11:31pm
So, so much better. I have the two albums you speak of - on vinyl!

Jill Perryman has been around in shows since the 1950's in musicals and reviews but it was in FUNNY GIRL that she became a leading lady (so good that she was reportedly offered the role after Streisand was to leave the London production and the U.S. First National Tour), she also had leads in I DO, I DO, NO, NO, NANETTE, A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC, SIDE BY SIDE BY SONDHEIM (have you got that album?), ANNIE and HELLO, DOLLY! She's one of our best.

I think you'll enjoy the solo albums.
Updated On: 6/7/08 at 11:31 PM
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Annie' Down Under#4
Posted: 6/7/08 at 11:34pm
re: 'Annie' Down Under

I've just ordered them on what u say about her!
Do u know the guy I'm getting these CDs from, its an eBay site!

Updated On: 6/7/08 at 11:34 PM
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Annie' Down Under#5
Posted: 6/7/08 at 11:37pm
I know of his site. Most of what he offers has never been on CD so I assume he transfers them and packages and sells them on...at what I consider high prices. What did ask for the Perryman albums? ( I might have to put them on now).
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Annie' Down Under#6
Posted: 6/7/08 at 11:41pm
They average around $20
Im not sure if he works the $'s in US or Aussie?
I don't really mind as he's provided me with 9 or 10 shows on Cd i know will never be available.
What I've had so far has been 100%
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Annie' Down Under#7
Posted: 6/7/08 at 11:50pm
I did see - about 6 months ago I LOVE MY WIFE for AUS $45 which seemed kind of pricey to me.