Page: 1

Rent UK Tour 2008 and more

songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Rent UK Tour 2008 and more #1
Posted: 12/6/07 at 9:33pm
Grrrr heard today that the West End production of Rent Remixed will tour after it closes in April 2008

The producers have already been talking to regional theatres.

Also Bad Girls looks like it will live on as they have also been looking at regional theatres including the Lowry in Salford to kick of its UK tour 2008

AND MORE

I think someone on here (i could be wrong) had said that Footloose would not tour next year!! it will

Footloose is booking its tour at the moment

AND MORE
Rumor has it that the Wedding Singer has already secured a West End house for late next year after its tour (isnt that bit premature? ).
On the subject of the Wedding Singer, the set design shows that the tour is very scaled down from its broadway incarnation and that the the song Pop The Question has been dropped and a medley has been shoved on the end.

AND FINALLY
A long running west end musical will tour in 2009 (but i dont know which one).It must be a big one though as its looking to book in to its 1st venue for SIX months (yikes)

and thats me done lol

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent UK Tour 2008 and more #2
Posted: 12/6/07 at 11:27pm
The long run tour shouldn't be hard to guess - what show that is a long runner hasn't toured as yet? There aren't many.
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Rent UK Tour 2008 and more #2
Posted: 12/7/07 at 4:09am
Long run that hasnt toured yet that could sustain that long a run = Lion King I would have thought
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent UK Tour 2008 and more #3
Posted: 12/7/07 at 5:00am
I was thinkin more on the lines of WWRY? I might be wrong.
Im not surprised Wedding Singer is scaled down but since Simon Lipkin has mentioned in an interview, not surprised again that its comin to London as well.
It'd be nice to see who's in the touring casts of Bad Girls and Rent Remixed!
So many tours next year then!
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent UK Tour 2008 and more #4
Posted: 12/7/07 at 6:01am
For the long running show going on tour in 2009, Maybe Les Mis or Lion King? They're isn't many shows in the West End that have run a long time and haven't toured.

I can't The Wedding Singer being successful in London, unlike Fame or Footloose, the film isn't that well known and could struggle.
CHGriffiths Profile PhotoCHGriffiths Profile Photo
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Rent UK Tour 2008 and more #5
Posted: 12/7/07 at 8:23am
What, rents closing! Thats suprising as it APPEARS to be doing very well, since the changes theyve made since the end of previews I have fallen in love with this show and have now seen it 6 times, and every time it has been pretty full, but if It makes it in London until end of April, thats better than most predicted anyway, and if its touring, then as long as its coming to The Mayflower, I'll be there, might even follow the tour round the country! LOL, not that obsesive, but will probably travel to the other side of the country for the last day of tour!
"If you talk about my family I will punch you in the fanny so hard it'll end up on your face... oh, looks like someone beat me to it!" - Dawn French
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent UK Tour 2008 and more #6
Posted: 12/7/07 at 10:55am
Looking forward for Rent and SOO happy Footloose is touring again re: Rent UK Tour 2008 and more .

Big tour - Lion King, Phantom, Les Mis are the only ones that i could see wanting 6 months in a single place on tour.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent UK Tour 2008 and more #7
Posted: 12/7/07 at 11:07am
i have a feeling its going to be Les Mis again, dont know why?
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent UK Tour 2008 and more #8
Posted: 12/7/07 at 11:13am
I think Les Mis could option simply because by 2009, they will have start work on The refurbishment of the Queens leaving Les Mis homeless. A Six Months run does seems excessive for a tour, how many shows have done more than three or four months.

Lion King is a possibility though I suspect they would opt for a three month run.
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Rent UK Tour 2008 and more #9
Posted: 12/7/07 at 12:22pm
I think it's Les Mis too. The set will need a long run in a theatre to make it worthwhile. Can't see the Lion King moving too soon.

devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent UK Tour 2008 and more #10
Posted: 12/7/07 at 2:46pm
I can't imagine Les Mis taking 6 months, I'm afraid.

WWRY or possibly Sound of Music, not that it's a massively long-runner.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent UK Tour 2008 and more #11
Posted: 12/7/07 at 10:03pm
I think les mis was at the palace in Manchester one year for months and sold out
Parsley
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Rent UK Tour 2008 and more #12
Posted: 12/8/07 at 7:32am
It was at the Palace in Manchester and they did a short cast highlight recording with just a few songs. A good one, too, that I still listen to from time to time.
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent UK Tour 2008 and more #13
Posted: 12/8/07 at 7:35am
'Les Mis' has toured before 2 or 3 times around the UK playing dates as short as 4 weeks.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
tommyslim Profile Phototommyslim Profile Photo
tommyslim
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Rent UK Tour 2008 and more #14
Posted: 12/9/07 at 11:57am
surely it will be les mis? and surely it will be manchester for 6 months?????
"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Rent UK Tour 2008 and more #15
Posted: 12/9/07 at 12:58pm
'Les Mis' certainly isnt regarded as a big show to tour anymore. The Queens in London is very small in comparison to many many regional theatres it has played in already or could do in the future. If its a big show and its slated to tour in 2009 it could be 'Billy Elliott' or even 'Wicked'. 2009 is a long way off.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'