Poor Poor Joseph

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Poor Poor Joseph#1
Posted: 11/13/07 at 10:05am
....cant poor Lee Mead get any other work???
'Joseph' has just opened a new booking period until Oct 2008. What is he doing commiting for 18 months? Has his agent nothing else lined up for him? We find this very odd, what do you guys think!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Poor Poor Joseph#2
Posted: 11/13/07 at 10:13am
Well... the Avenue Q guys are finishing start of this Dec and they wouldve done 18 months as well. It's not rare that performers are contracted for 18 months, in fact there are alot of performers who stay in a show for quite some time, esp ensembles! AND people wants to see Lee as Joseph, so ALW is giving what they want, esp he seems so desperate to have more money!
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Poor Poor Joseph#2
Posted: 11/13/07 at 10:32am
Yes but he is supposed to be a 'new superstar' from reality TV isnt he!!! He should be able to go out and get anything now not hang on in a show for 18 months. This wont help him at all i think. The 'Avenue Q' company wernt names as Lee Mead is. The show was soley sold on its name- and it worked! Avenue Q have thier work cut out to be ant where like that original London Cast. They were widely regarded as better than any NY company.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Poor Poor Joseph#3
Posted: 11/13/07 at 10:33am
Its not unheard of to do 18 months sometimes more in west end shows, hell i know i stuck with one show for 2 years.

Im sure his pay has a lot to do with his decision to stay as well, after all he is the pull what is getting audiences in
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Poor Poor Joseph#4
Posted: 11/13/07 at 10:38am
Plus if the lord asks you to do it... Look at the tantrums when LMK refused to extend for Sir Cam. Maybe he's being a good boy becuase he hopes for future ALW starring roles.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Poor Poor Joseph#5
Posted: 11/13/07 at 10:42am
Yes i understand that, but surely he must have been offered a load of shows to do after 9 months or so in Joseph. It is rare for a name to stay with a show 18 months so Im sure he's being paided handsomely for his extension!!!
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Poor Poor Joseph#6
Posted: 11/13/07 at 12:39pm
Maybe he doesn't want to do LB either!
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Poor Poor Joseph#7
Posted: 11/13/07 at 1:05pm
as ruthiefelix has said, it's not that unusual for performers to do a 18 months run for a show. Apart from the Avenue Q cst, Kerry Ellis is going to be playing Elphaba in Wicked till July 2008 having played the role since January. It you're enjoying playing the role then why not stay on?
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Poor Poor Joseph#8
Posted: 11/13/07 at 1:17pm
And as i keep saying they are not household names like Lee Mead is at the moment!!! In 18 months all the mums and dads who called to vote for him will have forgotten about him. I know its not unusual to be in a show up to 18 months or more -ive done it myself!
Nosferatu Profile PhotoNosferatu Profile Photo
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Poor Poor Joseph#9
Posted: 11/13/07 at 2:12pm
When I went to see "The Sound of Music" most of the people came to see Connie Fisher (well, I didn't...) and may I remind you the hot talks we had when she got ill and had to take a break : "When is she going to be back?" some of us kept asking !!!
Sarah bernhardt to a fellow actress: "Have you got stage fright, dear?" "No," the young lady aswered astonished. "Don't worry, it will come along with talent!"
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Poor Poor Joseph#10
Posted: 11/13/07 at 2:13pm

Updated On: 11/13/07 at 02:13 PM
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Poor Poor Joseph#11
Posted: 11/13/07 at 2:16pm
and what's the name of the game?... Business, isn't it?
Sarah bernhardt to a fellow actress: "Have you got stage fright, dear?" "No," the young lady aswered astonished. "Don't worry, it will come along with talent!"
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Poor Poor Joseph#12
Posted: 11/13/07 at 2:16pm
WickedBoy2> I totally agree with your last comment on the subject (mega lol)!!!
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Poor Poor Joseph#13
Posted: 11/13/07 at 2:19pm
If they are such big names now it makes me wonder why loads of producers arnt tripping over themselves to get these 'hot' performers into new shows. None of the producers i work with have mentioned them. Maybe they better stay in the shows theyre in because they arnt wanted for anything else! Ms Fisher certainly is playing up the role of pain-in-the-ass diva backstage at the Palladium recently!
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Poor Poor Joseph#14
Posted: 11/13/07 at 2:21pm
Do you mean the one i deleted?
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Poor Poor Joseph#15
Posted: 11/13/07 at 2:31pm
That may be one of the bad effects when you have been elected by plebiscite !
Same things with pop idols stars here in France!

No, it was a bad joke on an empty post !
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Poor Poor Joseph#16
Posted: 11/13/07 at 2:59pm
Ok i get you! The empty post was actually funnier than what i deleted trust me!!!
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Poor Poor Joseph#17
Posted: 11/13/07 at 3:13pm
I don't understand... what is wrong with your 'household name' staying in a show for long? So you would prefer 'household names' coming in and out all the time, playing in the show for 3 months and leave like they do in Chicago?
Everyone knew Lee FROM Any Dream Will Do and they want to see him IN Joseph and nothing else at the moment! And that reminds me... if Connie is still doin Maria, why can't Lee extend? I actually think the show might close when Lee leaves. Hell, I just want it to close! I'm just fed up with ALW at the moment!
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Poor Poor Joseph#18
Posted: 11/13/07 at 3:31pm
I didnt say there was anything wrong with staying but surely for the sake of thier career try something else! Most performers are more than ready to move on after 12 months in a show and with his new found fame you think he would thats all im saying! If he's happy, im happy!!!
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Poor Poor Joseph#19
Posted: 11/13/07 at 3:58pm
WickedBoy2: "The empty post was actually funnier than what i deleted trust me!!!"

Prove it then !
Updated On: 11/13/07 at 03:58 PM
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Poor Poor Joseph#20
Posted: 11/13/07 at 5:09pm
I forgot what i wrote now?????
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Poor Poor Joseph#21
Posted: 11/13/07 at 5:15pm
arf ;=%*6|*$ re: Poor Poor Joseph
Paulyd Profile PhotoPaulyd Profile Photo
Paulyd
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Poor Poor Joseph#22
Posted: 11/14/07 at 2:48am
i saw an ad on TV this morning for his new album. Another appalling album full of covers which will probably satisfy is army of fans this christmas. Someone please make it all stop!!
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Poor Poor Joseph#23
Posted: 11/14/07 at 5:29am
Maybe his phone isn't exactly ringing of the hook? Maybe he's been told "if you resign then we'll offer you this next year"? The bulk of the reality TV "names" have a pretty short career lifespan.
ladybegood
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Poor Poor Joseph#24
Posted: 1/4/08 at 6:00pm
He isn't going to resign! But they must surely have made it seriously worth his while to stay on. At the time, it was rumoured that he was actually extending into 2009. But then nothing was officially announced when it was expected, and when it was eventually confirmed it was only to October. An accomodation?

It had been presumed that Lewis (boy who came third in the show) was likely to take over but, after he was confirmed as the fill in during Lee's holidays, the ticket sales presumably rather demonstrated that that was not going to be feasible. The RUG obviously wanted to extend their ludicrous profits and it is only Lee that is filling that theatre. The first discounts have actually now appeared at last re Joseph, but they are re that first imminent holiday. And if Lewis can't sell enough tickets for a couple of weeks, then he would have been a disaster on a 6 month contract. But whether Lee should have extended is another issue. Who knows what is in the pipeline? He has hinted at goodies in a couple of interviews. But there is not a lot of point in blabbing about it while he is still restricted by having to live in loincloth land.