Page: 1

The Witches of Eastwick!

ullabelt
Stand-by
Stand-by
The Witches of Eastwick!#1
Posted: 12/4/06 at 7:22am
It confuses me... I LOVED this show, the press LOVED this show, the audiences LOVED this show.... everyone LOVED this show and it still closed/hasn't toured The Witches of Eastwick! and now they have released the amateur rights we arent going to see it for a long time! it such a shame.... its far better than Wicked! Its so funny, and touching, and funny! hehe.

Im going to found the "We Loves the Witches of Eastwick" fan club... anyone else in? And can anyone else think of a better title??

WE LOVE THE WITCHES FO EASTWICK....!
widgetsparky
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: The Witches of Eastwick!#1
Posted: 12/4/06 at 1:22pm
count me in
wicked_fiyero79 Profile Photowicked_fiyero79 Profile Photo
wicked_fiyero79
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: The Witches of Eastwick!#2
Posted: 12/4/06 at 1:33pm
And me!!! I totally agree with what u say....apart from it being better than Wicked hehe. Orbit Theatre Company did it last summer in Cardiff......apparently it was the Welsh premier (as it has never been on tour) and as much as it pains me to say it was actually quite good. It was a bit OTT in places but was still a strong show.

Have loved the show ever since I bought the soundtrack, unfortunately I bought it AFTER it had closed in London. Have been hoping and praying that they will bring it back.

**FINGERS CROSSED**
ashley-h
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: The Witches of Eastwick!#3
Posted: 12/4/06 at 2:26pm
I'll be joining re: The Witches of Eastwick!
PaigeByPaige
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: The Witches of Eastwick!#4
Posted: 12/4/06 at 3:08pm
Yes, me too!

My boyfriend has a Demo CD with Ruthie Henshall and Kristin Chenoweth. I love the songs!
All the best performers bring to their role something more, something different than what the author put on paper. That's what makes theatre live. That's why it persists. - Stephen Sondheim
nshreeve Profile Photonshreeve Profile Photo
nshreeve
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: The Witches of Eastwick!#5
Posted: 12/4/06 at 3:16pm
oooh - could you post some of the tracks online?
All_For_Laura Profile PhotoAll_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Witches of Eastwick!#6
Posted: 12/4/06 at 6:26pm
I'm in.

I'd love to hear the demo. I cannot wait to see the production in Virginia this June! Only 3 hours from me, so I am looking forward to it.
...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...
97jrobbins Profile Photo97jrobbins Profile Photo
97jrobbins
Swing
Swing
re: The Witches of Eastwick!#7
Posted: 12/4/06 at 8:35pm
lol maybe this new fanclub could get the amature rights and stage there own version of witches!
Updated On: 12/5/06 at 08:35 PM
wicked_fiyero79 Profile Photowicked_fiyero79 Profile Photo
wicked_fiyero79
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: The Witches of Eastwick!#8
Posted: 12/4/06 at 10:18pm
ooooh I would give anything to hear that demo!!!!
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Witches of Eastwick!#9
Posted: 12/5/06 at 7:57am
The demo is a fascinating glimpse of what the show could have been - there's a lot more music on it and it's more . . . coherent in that there are stronger 'theme and variations' elements running through the whole thing. The score on stage is much more traditional musical theatre. It's a shame that CML didn't chose to tour it, though am glad that it has had an amateur release (unlike Martin Guerre) as it's gained the show more fans!

I'm seeing the Signature production in early July (as part of a month-long trek across the US) and have high hopes that even more people will love it!

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

algy Profile Photoalgy Profile Photo
algy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: The Witches of Eastwick!#10
Posted: 12/5/06 at 9:03am
I saw the York Production and fell in love with the music. I just wish I'd seen it in London, but it happened before my musicals obsession had really kicked in, and I also don't really like Ian McShane!
benny123 Profile Photobenny123 Profile Photo
benny123
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: The Witches of Eastwick!#11
Posted: 12/5/06 at 12:59pm
Im in i love this show!!
Updated On: 12/5/06 at 12:59 PM
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Witches of Eastwick!#12
Posted: 12/5/06 at 1:32pm
I didn't care for Ian McShane in the OLC either - both his understudy (Earl Carpenter) and replacement (Clarke Peters) were better in the role.

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

RockyRoad Profile PhotoRockyRoad Profile Photo
RockyRoad
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: The Witches of Eastwick!#13
Posted: 12/5/06 at 1:42pm
WofE is finally having it's American premier..not in NYC but at a large regional theater. Who knows...maybe it will catch on!
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Witches of Eastwick!#14
Posted: 12/5/06 at 3:08pm
It is a great show i watch it all the time(on a certain thing we cant mention) and love it.
It diddnt get all good reviews though if i remember but the only reasson it closed was because tourism was down.

Its a lot of fun but has a few problems in certain places(but what show doesnt?)

They has been so much talk about it opening on broadway im suprised it hassnt happened especialy with Broadway's millions of film to musical adaptations and WOE stands head and shoulders above most of them.
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
nshreeve
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: The Witches of Eastwick!#15
Posted: 12/5/06 at 4:25pm
Does anyone have a copy on either DVD or Video of the Witches of Eastwick TV Pilot?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0837565/
nshreeve
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: The Witches of Eastwick!#16
Posted: 12/5/06 at 4:27pm
Oh dear god!!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478833/

Is this for real?
rohingit Profile Photorohingit Profile Photo
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: The Witches of Eastwick!#17
Posted: 12/5/06 at 8:39pm
deff with the joining, such a great show! soo annoyed that i missed it and as for that last post nshreeve..........i have no idea how you found that nor do i think i want to lol!
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Witches of Eastwick!#18
Posted: 12/6/06 at 11:26am
i dont think the pilot ever aired on tv
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Witches of Eastwick!#19
Posted: 12/6/06 at 4:31pm
I Love Witches! I 'll Join Ur Club!
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II