Page: 1

RENT

nshreeve Profile Photonshreeve Profile Photo
nshreeve
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
RENT#0
Posted: 9/21/06 at 1:12pm
PLEEASE will some one bring RENT back into the West End. Is so deserves to come back!!!
coolphantom919 Profile Photocoolphantom919 Profile Photo
coolphantom919
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: RENT#1
Posted: 9/25/06 at 7:46pm
I think RENT SHOULD!!!!! It's one magical show!!!! Everybody deserves to see it!
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: RENT#2
Posted: 9/26/06 at 5:49am
Yes having only recently discovered Rent from watching the film, I SO want to see it on stage! Isnt there a tour of Europe happening next year, maybe that will come to the UK?
Theatrebore101 Profile PhotoTheatrebore101 Profile Photo
Theatrebore101
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: RENT#3
Posted: 9/26/06 at 6:19am
when was adam ricket init? ummmmmmmmmm whish i saw it then
Rocky Horror Profile PhotoRocky Horror Profile Photo
Rocky Horror
Swing
Swing
re: RENT#4
Posted: 9/26/06 at 12:40pm
I'm hoping Rent does a few venues in the UK on its European tour, namely Nottingham re: RENT

I know Rent did a UK tour in 2002 or 2003, 'cos my old German teacher went to see it.
-------------------------- "At the late night, double feature Picture Show"
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: RENT#5
Posted: 9/26/06 at 2:33pm
OMG, I completely forgot I'm using a 'RENT' UK tour mousemat. XD Let's see, Adam Rickitt was in it circa 2001. I believe I saw it in my hometown at the end of May that year. It was pretty awesome. :3
nshreeve Profile Photonshreeve Profile Photo
nshreeve
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: RENT#6
Posted: 9/27/06 at 3:12pm
I LOVE RENT!!!! A stop in the UK would be AMAZING - i really only know it from the film - which is fabby!!! It'd be so weird though without the film cast - especially Tracie Thoms and Idina Menzel!!!
Theatrebore101 Profile PhotoTheatrebore101 Profile Photo
Theatrebore101
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: RENT#7
Posted: 9/27/06 at 4:28pm
brought film today love it all, soo good, if i did come to the west end i hope ot brings back idina with it,
rohingit Profile Photorohingit Profile Photo
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: RENT#8
Posted: 9/27/06 at 7:14pm
101 Adam was....well shocking to say the least really reall REALLY bad!! he left the tour and it played in london for a while but not as long as when it originaly opend with most of original broadway cast (who also feature in the film)Idina didnt sdo it then and i cant see her going back to it now i think she has moved along from that now but who knows never say never. As for comming to uk there was mention a while ago on another thread, about next year doing a west end gig...i think dont quote me im going from memory...which is vague at the best of times.
Kryslet
Swing
Swing
re: RENT#9
Posted: 10/3/06 at 9:25pm
I thought Adam was ok. He was my first introduction to the role of Mark having never heard of Rent before I first saw it when it started at the Leicester Haymarket. He was a lot better than in Corrie and definitely better than his cringeworthy pop career!!
I saw the show at various UK tour venues and loads in the West End.
With the exception of Caprice as Maureen, the London casts were brilliant. Some of them are reprising their roles on the current European tour but I don't think that will stop in the UK.
Hopefully a new production will appear in the West End before too long.
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: RENT#10
Posted: 10/4/06 at 5:48am
Anyone saw the production with Jon Roybns as Mark?
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
algy Profile Photoalgy Profile Photo
algy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: RENT#11
Posted: 10/4/06 at 8:33am
Rumours kicking about that Rent is coming back into the West End early next year. I can only hope that they're true.
vmlinnie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: RENT#12
Posted: 10/4/06 at 6:31pm
RENT played a while back for a short run at the Prince of Wales, didn't it?
The rain we knew is a thing of the past -
deep-delving, dark, deliberate you would say
browsing on spire and bogland; but today
our sky-blue slates are steaming in the sun,
our yachts tinkling and dancing in the bay
like racehorses. We contemplate at last
shining windows, a future forbidden to no one.

Derek Mahon

"Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets."

Arthur Miller
snl89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: RENT#13
Posted: 10/4/06 at 9:57pm
sigh.. RENT... RENT needs to be EVERYWHERE :) I'm lucky enough to live in the states, and I actually saw an incredible cast when I saw it (imo, the best cast since the OBC- which of course is the very best). But yeah, it would be interesting to see it done in West End! I wonder though, would it have the same general appeal over there? Its just a very American, if not even very New York, show. Though, the main themes of it really appeal to all different people- the overall message of it is something anyone from any culture can relate to. So I bet it WOULD still be relevent over there :)
I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
rohingit Profile Photorohingit Profile Photo
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: RENT#14
Posted: 10/6/06 at 7:20am
Yeah it played at the Price Wales theatre just before it closed for a referb for Muma mia, it was the same as the tour but with mark and moureen recast. it finished about wow nearly 4 years ago which is just mad...(sory just realised how quicky that has gone)the show was absolutly amazing! Dougal Irvine was Mark and he was absolutly fantastic really made the whole show for me!i thought there was a whole no rent in uk for 5 years thing a couple of years ago but i think that may have gone out of the window now...i hope so anywayas its such a fab show would be great to see it back! dont know where it would go though maybe piccadilly depending on guys and dolls i think it would work well there.
west end artist1 Profile Photowest end artist1 Profile Photo
west end artist1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: RENT#15
Posted: 10/6/06 at 9:11am
This show keeps falling off touring scheduales every year
It popped up again in manchester at the palace theatre for next year but has gone again and the slot what was open for it has now been filled by another show.

Rent never did very well here when i opened in London even after great reviews from the press and stars like madonna(they used her comments on the flyer).

It does need to come back quick though so many young people in this country have now discovered Rent so i think it would do a lot better.

But not bloody stunt casting grrrrrrrrr
Nickhutson Profile PhotoNickhutson Profile Photo
Nickhutson
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: RENT#16
Posted: 10/8/06 at 7:01am
Rent has never done well in the UK. It's not meant for a traditional commercial British audience. If it was popular, it would have stayed. Sad - but true...

I don't see the fascination with it, myself. We had a very long talk about it in my Musical Theatre Masters Degree program and our professor said it's just a "blur" for him. But I don't want to start a bashing here, just what people have said.
Nick Hutson Co-Presenter/Producer MusicalTalk - The UK's Musical Theatre Podcast http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk
tommyslim Profile Phototommyslim Profile Photo
tommyslim
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: RENT#17
Posted: 10/8/06 at 11:48am
adam rickett played mark on 2001. and to be honest he was absolutely ****. the worst ive ever seen.

if they bought rent back to the uk, it would need to be carefully planned. alot of the content doesnt appeal to a uk audience, but the songs are fantastic. but for all those who are illusioned by the film. dont be. the stage show is totally different to the film, the film elaborates everything (because thats what films do as they have the facilities to do so)

its definately not booked in to come to manchester next year, i know thats a face. but it would be good to see it come to the west end. and i dont think that the original broadway cast/film cast would do it again.
"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn