Page: 1

Calling All Spellers!!

(8) :D
Understudy
Understudy
Calling All Spellers!!#1
Posted: 4/2/11 at 3:42pm
Today I went to see 'The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee' which was AMAZINGLY FUNNY!

I was a guest speller and was wondering if anyone else has had to opportunity to be a guest speller, if so what was your word/words and insult/insults?
ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Calling All Spellers!!#2
Posted: 4/2/11 at 3:59pm
My friend got called up and got out on "Chloroform", he got described as "being part of an 80's tribute band...as Rick Astley" because of his hairstyle xD

Rona also said that she and him share hairdressers! :P
Princeton Returns Profile PhotoPrinceton Returns Profile Photo
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Calling All Spellers!!#2
Posted: 4/2/11 at 6:46pm
Saw it tonight, started off well but to be honest I was bored after an hour. The main humour seemed to come from the guest speakers and after they had left the stage it seemed to drag. Dont get me wrong, laughed alot, and there is much to enjoy, but again all in the first hour.

Nice show, glad a I saw it, but wouldnt see it again. Brilliant set design!
ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Calling All Spellers!!#3
Posted: 4/2/11 at 7:06pm
I kind of agree. The place where I think it does drag a little is "The I Love You Song". Cut that song and it would be perfect.

Did anything special happen tonight?
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Calling All Spellers!!#4
Posted: 4/2/11 at 7:10pm
Not that I am aware of, finished ontime and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Some great guest spellers tonight, especially the two guys.
AvenueQResident Profile PhotoAvenueQResident Profile Photo
AvenueQResident
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Calling All Spellers!!#5
Posted: 4/3/11 at 2:53am
Moi!

"Who looks like a fruit pastille" - I was dressed in green and purple.

"When he was in high school, set up the support group 'boys with beads'." - Wearing rainbow coloured necklaces.

'Cow'
'Bissextial' (sp?)

I was the third guest knocked out, set to the music of 'The Second Goodbye'!
Everything in life...is only for now.
Updated On: 4/3/11 at 02:53 AM
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Calling All Spellers!!#6
Posted: 4/3/11 at 3:42am
That must have been at the matinee not evening?
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Calling All Spellers!!#7
Posted: 4/3/11 at 7:37am
I really really loved it! The second time I saw it, this poor Japanese guy was a speller, in bright blue trousers. They noted that he always wears his lucky Justin Bieber wig when spelling, and that he won his school's competition for best Gok Wan look-a-like.

I saw it with ClapYoHands for the first time, very funny that our friend was a speller. Also, the Charlie Sheen jokes that were added weren't there the first time I saw it. Topical, I thought they were a great touch. I wish there was some way this could transfer or tour or something, I really thought it was a fab production of an amazing show.
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II