Page: 1

What to do in the Summer?

MusicalBoy Profile PhotoMusicalBoy Profile Photo
MusicalBoy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
What to do in the Summer?#1
Posted: 3/19/11 at 3:30pm
It has transpired, today, that my mother, sister and I shall be travelling to London on the 23rd of July to catch Les Mis with Alfie and Matt Lucas.

This is an evening performance on a friday, and since it would be more sensible to stay the night in a travel lodge than endure the very late train ride back down south, I was wondering if I could catch another show on the saturday.

SO, what's happening in the west end in July, which I should really know, anything interesting in fringe?

Also, isn't End of the rainbow coming back around that time, or is that slightly later, or am I just wrong?

TKTS is another option, and I was wondering if the prices online are the ONLY ones going, or if you can get slightly worse seats at better prices at the kiosk.

Are the chances of getting Legally Blonde or Love Never Dies tickets good?

SO many questions, LOL.

Any help would be much appreciated.
ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What to do in the Summer?#2
Posted: 3/19/11 at 3:46pm
Seriously, go see Ghost. Enough said.
MusicalBoy Profile PhotoMusicalBoy Profile Photo
MusicalBoy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
What to do in the Summer?#2
Posted: 3/19/11 at 3:50pm
Funny you should say that actually, it just occurred to me, I'm asuming that Sharon D. Clarke is gonna be gooooood.
ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What to do in the Summer?#3
Posted: 3/19/11 at 3:51pm
The whole thing looks amazing. Or 25 day tickets for students for Betty Blue Eyes.
tannedorange
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
What to do in the Summer?#4
Posted: 3/19/11 at 6:22pm
Last I heard, End of the Rainbow wasn't meant to be coming back until September.
Love Never Dies should be regularly on TKTS, I think it has been on most days recently and by July the hype with the new cast will be over. Legally Blonde, depends who is Elle. Susan is scheduled to leave early July so if they stunt cast it, there might not be many seats available if this happens but if there's nothing at TKTS for either shows there are other trusty booths around Leicester Sq. offering good deals for shows which TKTS isn't selling. I remember there was nothing for LND in July but I got a nice seat in the circle for 32 from another ticket desk.
Shrek and Ghost will also be up and running by then but probably no deals apart from day seats for Shrek.
mallardo Profile Photomallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What to do in the Summer?#5
Posted: 3/20/11 at 10:32am
The prices you see on the TKTS website are the top seat prices. You can buy cheaper seats there.
Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!