Kneehigh Red Shoes

MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Kneehigh Red Shoes#1
Posted: 2/3/11 at 7:02am
Kneehigh Red Shoes

Kneehigh Theate presents 'The Red Shoes.

Based on the classic story by Hans Christian Andersen.
Adapted and directed by Emma Rice.

Battersea Arts Centre (BAC) in south London, 2nd Mar to 9th April 2011.

'The Red Shoes' fuses live and recorded sound, visually and physically powerful images.

Red shoes. Donít you just love them? They make you dance with delight and spin with possibilities. But what happens when you canít stop dancing? What happens when you lose your footing? Would you dare to turn to the butcher to rid you of your heart-stoppingly beautiful red shoes? Thatís just what our desperate heroine is compelled to do.

Updated On: 2/3/11 at 07:02 AM
UKtheatrekid
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Kneehigh Red Shoes#2
Posted: 2/3/11 at 9:58am
So glad the shows going to london!
(has it been performed in the capital before?)
its one of my favourite kneehigh pieces, very different to Brief Encounter,
and a darn site better than the mess of Hansel & Gretel!
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Kneehigh Red Shoes#2
Posted: 2/3/11 at 11:34am
I saw this at the Bristol Old Vic. Mesmerizing. It was just bizzare and full of raw energy. Loved it!
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II