Page: 1

South Pacific to play Barbican ahead of UK Tour!

Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
South Pacific will play the Barbican next summer before touring. Currently dates for the tour are showing for:

Milton Keynes - 12-22 October 2011
Manchester Palace 25 October - 5 November 2011

"This breathtaking and lavish Lincoln Center Theater production reinvented the classic Rodgers and Hammerstein show, swept the 2008 Tony Awards, played to sold-out houses on Broadway, and was televised across America."
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Great that this production will be seen but it wont be seen as it was the Lincoln Centre, it just cant be staged on a normal stage.
The Barbican is OK, no problem, but other places it will just sit like any other tour and the last one was just a few years ago.
ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

I think i'll see this at the Barbican and on tour. I really hope it plays the Wales Millenium Centre. It deserves to.

Just as long as they get a decent cast!
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Good news.

I nearly didn't open this thread 'cos I thought it was going to be another UK productions tour.
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It will be better than a UK productions show for sure - but as mama says there are very few UK tour venues that are capable of staging it in any way that will be close to the Lincoln Center production.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
theatrepaul Profile Phototheatrepaul Profile Photo
theatrepaul
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is great news. I enjoyed seeing it in NY and would definitely like to see it again at the Barbican - a great choice of venue
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"The Barbican is OK, no problem, but other places it will just sit like any other tour and the last one was just a few years ago."

Agreed I have seen this production twice, once in New York at the Lincoln Centre and once at the Almanson Theatre, Los Angeles, the New York staging was magnificent and hopefully they can recreate something similar at The Barbican.

Great News btw.
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I love the cast recording and so I'm looking forward to it coming to London. The Barbican has scored getting this over a the West End or other non profit theatres like The National. Wonder if the National were offered it but turned it down as it would have looked stunning in either the Olivier or the Lyttleton.

It would be good for them to get Kelli O'Hara and/or Paulo Szot but I think they'll go for a UK cast,
Updated On: 11/14/10 at 09:33 PM
tommyslim Profile Phototommyslim Profile Photo
tommyslim
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
ATG are producing...
"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
it would've looked AMAZING on the Olivier stage!!!! But I'm glad it's coming over one way or another!
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Think the old cliche is very apt, "beggars can't bve choosers".
Princeton Returns Profile PhotoPrinceton Returns Profile Photo
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The tour has been onsale for a while now, any sign of Barbican dates and tickets being confirmed?
Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
does anyone know if this will play the mayflower?
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt