Page: 1

Help Make Broadway Trips A Little Cheaper!

Spotlight61
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Help make those Broadway trips a little cheaper!

Urgent! Beat the US's new $14 visitor fee in 2 mins!

Anyone even thinking of going to the US in next 2 yrs should act before 8 Sept.
The US Goverment's just announced from 8 Sept its currently free Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (Esta) form which all UK residents must complete will cost $14 (9) - if you don't fill it in, immigration will turn you away. Do it now - it lasts two years. To avoid the charge, simply fill out the form now while it's free. Frankly, even if not planning to go, do it anyway just in case. Renew existing Estas: If you already have an Esta, there's no official renewal system so complete a new application now and you'll be given another 2 yrs.

Where does the money go? $4 goes to admin, $10 to a US tourism fund. Quite ironic, you would've thought keeping it cheaper to get in would help tourism more. After all, it's free for most US travellers to come here.

Before applying you'll need your passport close to hand and when I did it, I received instant confirmation of my ESTA.

To apply;

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta.html?_flowExecutionKey=_c07BFE334...

AvenueQResident Profile PhotoAvenueQResident Profile Photo
AvenueQResident
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I'm heading to California and New York next year - my mum warned me about this ESTA thing.

Got it done ASAP, though I just think it's a money-making scheme rather than tightening up security.
Everything in life...is only for now.
SoonerOrLater Profile PhotoSoonerOrLater Profile Photo
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Did it this morning! Don't know when I'm back next yet but US immigration aren't getting my $ as well as all the hours of my life they've had to date!!
Maybe I'm on nobody's side http://phdconfessions.blogspot.com/
SoonerOrLater Profile PhotoSoonerOrLater Profile Photo
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Did it this morning! Don't know when I'm back next yet but US immigration aren't getting my $ as well as all the hours of my life they've had to date!!
Maybe I'm on nobody's side http://phdconfessions.blogspot.com/
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks for bringing this up Spotlight, but I am in a bit of a limbo and looks like I have to pay $14 reluctantly.

This week I have to get a new passport, I do not think I will get my new passport back in time to register for free.

My current passport runs out in March 2011, but you need 6 months on it to be permitted into the USA, so no point registering my current passport or using my current ESTA number.

I think this is a outrageous charge on tourists, also I have to pay premium health insurance and it does cost me a lot more as I am diabetic, but what can I do, I love my shows and travelling?
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Posted off for my passport today, came to nearly 93 in total, 77.50 for passport, 8.50 for photos and 8 for post office check and postage.

So got three weeks to get my passport back, hopefully this is possible, once received the first think I will do is apply for a ESTA

Nice one ESTA.

soundofnuns Profile Photosoundofnuns Profile Photo
soundofnuns
Understudy
Understudy
That's a rip off! In Ireland I payed 26.50 euro total and got the new one back in 10 days.
I'm booking a trip to New York in October and probably won't be back anytime soon after that and my passports already in the post so I won't be getting this.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Greed greed and nothing but greed!
theatrepaul Profile Phototheatrepaul Profile Photo
theatrepaul
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks for the tip - need to do this pre my Priscilla visit next spring Help Make Broadway Trips A Little Cheaper!