Page: 1

The Little Mermaid West End?

jamiekennywicked Profile Photojamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Little Mermaid West End?#1
Posted: 5/23/10 at 8:31am
Was there any talks to bring the show to London?
''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter
mikeyb16 Profile Photomikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
The Little Mermaid West End?#2
Posted: 5/23/10 at 9:01am
There were talks about this 2 years a go I think as Disney were hoping to use the Palladium but nothing has been concrete as yet for another venue. I think it could work in London, if they reworked the parts that didn't work on Broadway i.e parts of book & production design
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Little Mermaid West End?#2
Posted: 5/23/10 at 9:04am
The set! Burn it!
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Little Mermaid West End?#3
Posted: 5/23/10 at 9:51am
I enjoyed it on Broadway, but the set needs a major overhaul, and better direction. Great score, decent book (except the ending)
NewYorkYankee2006 Profile PhotoNewYorkYankee2006 Profile Photo
NewYorkYankee2006
Stand-by
Stand-by
The Little Mermaid West End?#4
Posted: 6/2/10 at 1:34pm
if it comes to the west end, i hope they change the score to it as well as the story to make it the same as the movie. got a bit lost near the end with ariel saving everyone instead of prince eric. the costumes need to be the same as the movie aswell. if children go to see this, they're going to be confused as to why the story has been changed, with ariel saving everyone and not eric just like the movie and why vanessa and max the dog has also disappeared from the story.
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Little Mermaid West End?#5
Posted: 6/2/10 at 8:04pm
You can't burn the set Mama, the plastiglass is water!
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
chrissydee Profile Photochrissydee Profile Photo
chrissydee
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
The Little Mermaid West End?#6
Posted: 6/4/10 at 1:06pm
" the costumes need to be the same as the movie aswell. if children go to see this, they're going to be confused"

That, sir, is a silly silly remark. Lets not think Children are stupid, and lets not be stupid ourselves by saying such things..... The Lion King ring any bells?! That looks NOTHING like the movie and children love it. Lets have some creativity when putting on new shows, and not be lazy like the Shrek designers who just copied the sets/costumes directly. Thats like saying if dorothy doesn't wear her blue gingham gown in Wizard of Oz children wouldn't understand it.

Rant over.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Little Mermaid West End?#7
Posted: 6/4/10 at 2:16pm
The Little Mermaid was considered for the Lyceum and Lion King was gonna close, but then the show tanked, everyone hated it and Lion King was still doing far to good to pull it on such a risky venture.

On a personal note.........its bloody awful
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Little Mermaid West End?#8
Posted: 6/4/10 at 3:13pm
Who wants to see actors strut there stuff behind a big shower curtain anyway?
jamiekennywicked Profile Photojamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Little Mermaid West End?#9
Posted: 6/4/10 at 3:54pm
How about Sharon Clarke for Ursula?
''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Little Mermaid West End?#10
Posted: 6/4/10 at 5:04pm
lets let this thread die, the thought of this mess coming to the UK makes me ill
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna