Page: 1

A Stomping of a Good Time, Maybe

Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A Stomping of a Good Time, Maybe#1
Posted: 4/16/10 at 5:09pm
I went to see Stomp Yesterday matinee, I was just curious to see what the show was about really, as it has done so well both in London and New York. Also not much on in the West End that caught my eye, that I haven't seen already.

The theatre (Ambassador) is more reminiscent to a barn than a theatre, I was shocked how small the place was.

The show itself, has a great cast who must just drink Red Bull all the time as they have endless energy, I was amazed by how diverse the material they used to make the show work, I did have a good time, but could not get 100% captivated, but then again some piece I was astounded.

This must be the first show I have seen that didn't have a matinee, I have to say this is a bad decision, as splitting up the show, would of given me a chance to clear my head and stop my concentration from wandering.

A great show if you come in town and plan to see 2 shows in a day, as the show needs little concentration and is short 1h 40, also recommend this to our young board member's who study theatre, just to give you them a extra dimension in there theatre perspective.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A Stomping of a Good Time, Maybe#2
Posted: 4/16/10 at 5:46pm
I saw 'Stomp' at the Royal Festival Hall 15 or 16 years ago when they first started. It gave me such a bloody headache I had to leave in the interval.
hotjohn Profile Photohotjohn Profile Photo
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A Stomping of a Good Time, Maybe#2
Posted: 4/16/10 at 7:03pm
The excerpt they presented at the Royal Variety Show, all those years ago, was more than enough for me!
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A Stomping of a Good Time, Maybe#3
Posted: 4/16/10 at 7:09pm
Way, way over rated.