Page: 1

Billy Elliot

Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Billy Elliot#1
Posted: 3/10/10 at 7:06pm
Just got back from seeing Billy Elliot for the second time. First time in 2 years and I just thought it was even better than the last time. I was in the "restricted view" stalls seats at the front and for ¯20 there was nothing to grumble about. Was just thinking and this is probably the best musical on in London at the moment, and probably the best British musical of the last decade.

Just a question. How long do you think it can run for? I mean it was pretty packed tonight could it go for another 5 year? Or maybe even longer?

Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Billy Elliot#2
Posted: 3/11/10 at 2:35am
Last year they started to discount for the first time, with about 25% off, even though they have a massive extraordinary overhead in ‘Billy Academy’, think this show can sustain this cost an discount for another 5 years.

You are right it is one of the best shows in the West End.
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Billy Elliot#2
Posted: 3/11/10 at 4:02am
I agree BE is the best musical in the West End at the moment - and second best on Broadway (behind N2N !).
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Billy Elliot#3
Posted: 3/11/10 at 9:01am
I adore 'Billy'.
It will run for a good years yet, thank goodness.
It will, however, probably have to find a new home if it runs too long as the Victoria Palace is up for redevelopment in the next few years. Plans etc have all got the green light.
It would sit really well at the Shaftesbury me thinks!
Updated On: 3/11/10 at 09:01 AM
AnythingGoes2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Billy Elliot#4
Posted: 3/11/10 at 10:29am
It nearly ended up at The Shaftesbury to begin with! If Tonights didn't bomb, it would have opened up there. Them canceling the Shaftesbury led to them venue panically putting in Bat Boy and the Far Pavilions!!