Page: 1

Love Never Dies Adelphi Seating - Help

Evita@theBroadway Profile PhotoEvita@theBroadway Profile Photo
Evita@theBroadway
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Love Never Dies Adelphi Seating - Help #1
Posted: 10/9/09 at 2:43pm
What is the seating like at the Adelphi Theatre?

I've never been to London, and are hoping to not spend more than 40 pounds for a seat. Are the cheap seats really high, or is there anything I should now about the theatre before purchasing tickets. Thanks!
I look forward to an America which will steadily raise the standards of artistic accomplishment and which will steadily enlarge cultural opportunities for all of our citizens. - JFK
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
For a starter you can visit theatremonkey.com (linked below). It gives good general information about the theatre seating and though it won't be able to tell you anything specific about where to sit for 'Love Never Dies' yet, it does have a plan for the horrific pricing structure (click on the 'Opinions about seats in this theatre' button for further guidance).... :)

http://www.theatremonkey.com/zADELPHIstMAP.htm

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

Updated On: 10/9/09 at 02:55 PM
SoonerOrLater Profile PhotoSoonerOrLater Profile Photo
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
As Eastwicken said, but also I sat right at the top (ie the cheap seats!) at the Adelphi once and felt slightly ill! It's a long way up-and you don't see much so be warned it might be worth shelling out a bit more!
Maybe I'm on nobody's side http://phdconfessions.blogspot.com/
RaspberrySparkles Profile PhotoRaspberrySparkles Profile Photo
RaspberrySparkles
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
If you get tickets up the top, only get towards the middle of the front row, don't go on the sides or the second row! They are awful.
If you're in the front you have to lean forward, so the next few rows are really really bad.
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
For 32.50 I booked row K upper circle in the centre. Been told it is a good clear view of the stage.

turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Love Never Dies Adelphi Seating - Help #5
Posted: 10/10/09 at 12:29pm
If you're in the front you have to lean forward, so the next few rows are really really bad.
And a few rows further back is a man who wants to shoot you!
I saw Joseph there and it was awful for people leaning forwards and then the people behind can do nothing to fix their view.
RaspberrySparkles Profile PhotoRaspberrySparkles Profile Photo
RaspberrySparkles
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I don't think it's the fault of the people leaning forward, if they don't, then the view is worse than being behind them. It's just s a stupid design!
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
It may be the design of the theatre at fault but if somebody leaning forward messes up my view then I can only blame the leaner.

It wasn't helped at Joseph by the fact that people who were sat further back moved to the front row as soon as the lights went down presuming it would be better then they had to lean to see and got in my way.