Page: 2

Have you ever walked out of a show?

devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Have you ever walked out of a show?#26
Posted: 2/1/19 at 4:42pm

I couldn't stand the prehistoric pace of Lupone's GYPSY and ran like hell at the interval.

Felt I was at the wrong party at Elaine Paige's ANYTHING GOES many years ago.  

I wish I'd left SPRING AWAKENING which was an interesting show but an abysmal staging.

Recently left HALF A SIXPENCE at the interval having heard about banjos about 57 times.

My philosophy is: if you took a mouthful of a dinner and it tasted off, you wouldn't eat the rest to see if it got better!

Shannon Bo Dannon Profile PhotoShannon Bo Dannon Profile Photo
Shannon Bo Dannon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Have you ever walked out of a show?#27
Posted: 2/4/19 at 11:13pm

I left during the intermission of Wonderful Town. I was bored out of my mind.

"Some people have jobs where other people donít clap for them. I donít understand that." -Laura Benanti
mc1227 Profile Photomc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Have you ever walked out of a show?#28
Posted: 2/5/19 at 7:13am

BWAY Baby2 said: "Hated The Play That Goes Wrong- and me and my brother left after 15 minutes."

I lasted until intermission on this one.  Funny for 10 minutes and then became tiresome pretty quickly.  

The only review of a show that matters is your own.
getupngo Profile Photogetupngo Profile Photo
getupngo
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Have you ever walked out of a show?#29
Posted: 2/25/19 at 4:57pm

CATS. Left right after memory. I do not understand the hype with this show.

Susanswerphone Profile PhotoSusanswerphone Profile Photo
Susanswerphone
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Have you ever walked out of a show?#30
Posted: 3/3/19 at 9:33pm
I've only walked a dozen or so times in 40 years.
The most recent was Saturday, Nantucket Sleigh Ride.
cam5y
Stand-by
Stand-by
Have you ever walked out of a show?#31
Posted: 3/5/19 at 8:42am

I walked out of Breakfast at Tiffany's at the interval as it was just dire. I was tempted to walk out of A Very Very Very Dark Matter as it was awful and offensive, but there was no interval and I was in the middle of a row. 

Nazzarena
Swing
Swing
Have you ever walked out of a show?#32
Posted: 3/5/19 at 4:13pm
A community production of sweeney Todd. The interval only came 90' in, not a second too soon. Performances were surprisingly good, but nearly all musicals bore me to tear. I tought I would give this a chance...nevermore will I listen to friends when I know better.

Donald_Edin
Swing
Swing
Have you ever walked out of a show?#33
Posted: 3/30/19 at 8:27pm
A friend and I walked out of Rent...truly painful and I was sorely tempted to walk out of Hamilton a week or so ago. Over hyped, way over priced and far too much audience over the top reaction...is it a trait picked up from America?
kr123
Swing
Swing
Have you ever walked out of a show?#34
Posted: 4/8/19 at 4:33pm

wow - the original Side Show - jealous!

Demitri2 said: "I walked out of TRIUMPH OF LOVE at intermission so I could second act the original SIDE SHOW a few blocks away. It was great because I had seen it the week before and both Ripley and Skinner were out but not this time."

Updated On: 4/8/19 at 04:33 PM
sam31
Stand-by
Stand-by
Have you ever walked out of a show?#35
Posted: 5/21/19 at 12:51pm
I walked out at the interval of the last UK tour of Chicago. I Was looking forward to it Cos I had seen the last 3 uk tours of this show and seen the film but never seen the London production. I was looking forward to it Cos I had seen the guy playing Billy Flynn when he was in Eastenders. But I just did not like his version of Billy Flynn.
goldenboy Profile Photogoldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Have you ever walked out of a show?#36
Posted: 6/11/19 at 12:53am

I left at the intermission of Mean Girls. I kept thinking how doing my laundry would be more entertains than this mindless teenage dreck.  Good decision.  

And I usually love Casey Nicolaus Shows.

Impossible2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Have you ever walked out of a show?#37
Posted: 6/13/19 at 6:03pm

I wish I'd have left at interval last week at the Young Vic's Death of a Salesman.

I love me some Arthur Miller, but holly **** what a boring ass play full of unlikable, delusional, dip****s.

Performances were great, but I was absolutely bored senseless by the material.

AngusN
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Have you ever walked out of a show?#38
Posted: 6/15/19 at 6:34pm
I often like to give shows a chance by returning for the 2nd act, but I hated Sheridan Smithís portrayal of Elle Woods, and could not endure another act of her croaky singing and chav portrayal of Elle, in the West Endís ĎLegally Blondeí.
SweetLips22 Profile PhotoSweetLips22 Profile Photo
SweetLips22
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Have you ever walked out of a show?#39
Posted: 6/21/19 at 4:09pm

Just had 3 nights of concerts in a row. Ruthie Henshall-brilliant; Megan Hilty-a powerhouse with 40 piece orchestra supporting, AND Megan Mullally 'Nancye & Beth'--40mins of that crxp and I was out of there. Musicians were great, their harmonies were great but what were these 2 hillbillies in pink trackies doing up there,?and that non-dialogue talking about 2 chairs the entire time!! The 'dancing', in unison I'll admit, was something between Cabaret and line dancing. Obscure songs but really--Harbour Lights in a black out doing circles with lights at the end of their fingers?? Amateur night in Hicksville with these 2 hillbillies[sorry hillbillies].

A review said the best were the last 10mins. I was back in my hotel by then with a cold one on the balcony---utter peace but many thanks to Ruthie and the other Megan for sheer musical brilliance.