Civic Theatre Postpones/Cancels Upcoming Shows In Response To Coronavirus Crisis
The Civic Theatre has announced postponements and cancellations related to the virus outbreak.
"Dear Friends of the Civic,
Due to the recent announcement from Gov. Eric Holcomb regarding virus in Indiana, the South Bend Civic Theatre will be cancelling or postponing all events for the next four weeks.
- Friday Funny (Originally scheduled for Friday, March 13): Cancelled
- Concrete Rose (Originally scheduled for Saturday, March 14): Postponed
- Emma (Originally scheduled to run March 20 through April 4): Postponed
- All educational program (classes, workshops, etc.): Canceled
We regret that we cannot bring these events to you as scheduled, but we also acknowledge the significance of this situation. We will do everything we can to prevent the spread of this virus within our community. The South Bend Civic Theatre will continue to comply with all county and state orders regarding public gatherings.i??
More information will be provided in coming days. Watch for email updates, and follow our social media accounts for immediate communications.
Thank you for your understanding and please be safe. Remember, jazz hands are always an acceptable alternative to handshakes.
Yours in the arts,
Aaron Nichols Executive Director Steps to prevent illness:
Clean your hands often
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Avoid close contact
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and other people if virus is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
- Take steps to protect others
Stay home if you're sick
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care. Learn what to do if you are sick."