Community Caring Center Of PB County Adds Nancy Flinn To Board Of Directors
Sherry Johnson, executive director of the Community Caring Center of Palm Beach County (CCCPBC), today announced the addition of Nancy Flinn to the nonprofit organization's board of directors.
A senior executive at Bristol-Myers Squibb for more than 25 years, Flinn later was the sole owner of NFMR, a management consulting firm specializing in new business development and portfolio management. In recent years, she served on the boards of directors of the League of Women Voters of Palm Beach County, Arts Garage in Delray Beach, Symphonia of Boca Raton, and the Villas of Ocean Ridge.
"The Community Caring Center provides several important services to people in need, all offered in a coordinated, compassionate, and communicative manner," says Flinn. "I look forward to working with the Center as it expands its critical programs and community outreach in the challenging years ahead."
About the Community Caring Center of Palm Beach County:
Organized by the Boynton Beach Ministerial Alliance in 1987, CCCPBC offers a series of food-related social services and economic development programs to more than 5,000 people (2,500 families), including:
- Emergency food, shelter, and financial aid
- Affordable food distribution program with the USDA
- Senior care giving program, including both veggie mobile and home delivered meals
- Gardening and nutrition education for adults and children
- Urban farming and culinary business development projects
- Food Stamp applications and recertifications; prescription drug, Medicaid and SSI applications
- Faith In Action program that recruits, trains and supports caring volunteers to help their frail and elderly neighbors