Broadway Stars Come To Long Island To Perform For BROADWAY SUPPORTS LIHSA
The Broadway stars will be lighting up the stage at the Long Island High School for the Arts (LIHSA) for the all new Broadway Supports LIHSA.
The event will take place on Monday, October 22 from 7-9 p.m. in the Rosalind Joel Conservatory for Music and Theatre, Seymour Weiner Theatre at the LIHSA campus, located at 239 Cold Spring Road, Syosset, NY.
A dozen performers have signed on for this special benefit performance, with more expected. Here's the all-star line-up so far:
· Nicholas Barasch (She Loves Me; The Mystery of Edwin Drood; West Side Story)
· Christine DeCicco (Evita; Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark; Sister Act)
· Natalie Charle Ellis (School of Rock-The Musical; Les Miserables)
· Leo Ash Evens (School of Rock-The Musical; Shuffle Along, Or the Making of the Musical Sensation of 1921 and All That Followed; Jesus Christ Superstar)
· Jessica Hendy (Cats; Aida; Amour)
· Ken Jennings (Urinetown; Side Show; London Assurance; Grand Hotel; Mayor; Present Laughter; Sweeney Todd)
· Erica Mansfield (Bandstand; Finding Neverland; On the 20th Century; On the Town; Pippin; Evita; How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying; Mamma Mia!)
· Charlie Marcus (A Bronx Tale: The Musical; Peter Pan)
· Jon Peterson (Cabaret)
· Rebecca Pitcher (Carousel; The Phantom of the Opera)
· Jelani Remy (Smokey Joe's Café; The Lion King)
· Talia Suskauer (Be More Chill)
Get your tickets for this special performance that organizers call, "lightning in a bottle," since the cast is never the same, but always over-flowing with talent. The audience will be treated to a truly once in a lifetime show. There's also an opportunity to purchase tickets for a special meet and greet with the performers after the show. Order tickets now by visiting www.nassauboces.org/gettickets.
This is the fourth year that Broadway stars have come together to support LIHSA, which is the only Long Island performing arts high school program that offers world-class training and preparation for students who are interested in exploring and pursuing careers in the arts. Last year's show was a sell out!
"It is deeply touching for these talented Broadway entertainers to donate their time to put together an unprecedented performance to support LIHSA," said Nassau BOCES District Superintendent Dr. Robert R. Dillon. "The evening will not only help raise awareness of our stellar arts programs, it will also provide our current and future LIHSA students the opportunity to see how successful they can become!"
For 45 years, LIHSA has been a powerhouse for the development of Long Island's creative and cultural sector, offering programs in Theatre, Dance, Music, Special Effects, Digital Media, Fine Arts and Film. LIHSA challenges current thinking and practice while producing graduates who are innovators and leaders. The school's alumni are working all over the world on stage, on screen, behind the scenes, and leading major events and organizations.
Broadway Supports LIHSA is being co-produced and co-directed by Jerome Vivona, a Broadway veteran and current artistic director of the American Theater Dance Workshop in Mineola, NY, and Stephen DeAngelis, renowned Casting Director and Producer of over 300 different Broadway concerts at venues in New York and across the United States. DeAngelis has recently been named as Producing Artistic Director of the new Pocono Center for the Arts. This team has been working with the Campaign for LIHSA, which is affiliated with the Nassau BOCES Educational Foundation, a not-for-profit 501(c)3 corporation for several years. The campaign was created over three years ago to help raise funds and awareness of LIHSA. Members includes educators, artists, students and parents committed to supporting the only public arts high school on Long Island.
To learn more about LIHSA visit www.nassauboces.org/lihsa.