NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH LESTER HOLT Dominated Key Demo for the Week
NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH LESTER HOLT won the key demo for the week of September 11, marking its 65th straight week as the #1 most-watched evening broadcast according to Nielsen Research Data. The broadcast continues its winning streak in the demo most valued by news advertisers averaging 1.9 million A25-54 viewers, beating "ABC World News Tonight" by +94,000 viewers (+5%) and "CBS Evening News" by +567,000 viewers (+43%).For 110 of the past 111 weeks, Nightly News was also the most-watched among A18-49 viewers, averaging 1.4 million and topping ABC by +112,000 viewers (+9%) and CBS by +421,000 viewers (+45%). 8 million total viewers tuned in to Nightly News for the week of September 11. Nightly News bested "CBS Evening News" by +2 million total viewers (+32%) and grew its year-over-year total audience. Nightly News continues as the #1 most-watched evening newscast season-to-date in the key demo, delivering its largest demo lead over CBS in three seasons. Nightly News outpaces the competition on social media with more followers on Facebook and a fivefold advantage in Twitter engagement compared to ABC's "World News Tonight."
- Nightly News averaged 1.9 million A25-54 viewers, outperforming ABC by +94,000 viewers (+5%) and CBS by +567,000 (+43%).
- Nightly News has ranked #1 in A25-54 for 65 consecutive weeks.
- Nightly News averaged 1.4 million A18-49 viewers, topping ABC by +112,000 (+9%) and CBS by +421,000 (+45%).
- Among A18-49 viewers, Nightly News has won 110 of the last 111 weeks.
- Nightly News averaged 8 million total viewers, besting CBS by +2 million (+32%).
- Nightly News is the #1 evening newscast this season in A25-54 and A18-49, leading its competition by double digits.
- Nightly News holds its largest demo advantages over CBS in three seasons.