All Three Editions of BIG BROTHER Lead the Week in Adults 18-49
All three editions of BIG BROTHER dominated the week in adults 18-49, led by #1 program BIG BROTHER SUNDAY, which also delivered the summer series' largest audience of the season on any night, according to Nielsen ratings for the week ending August 24.
CBS won the week in viewers for the ninth time in the last 10 weeks, and also tied for first in adults 18-49 and adults 25-54.
In adults 18-49, all three BIG BROTHER broadcasts placed in the top three for the third straight week, with BIG BROTHER SUNDAY first and BIG BROTHER WEDNESDAY and BIG BROTHER THURSDAY tied as the week's #2 broadcasts. The Big Bang Theory (R) was the week's top scripted broadcast/comedy and Under the Dome was the week's top broadcast drama.
Among viewers, CBS had seven of the top 10 programs for the second consecutive week, including a summer high for BIG BROTHER.
CBS Broadcasts In Top 20:
#3 - NCIS-R (9.11m)
#4 - 60 MINUTES-R (8.50m)
#5 - THE BIG BANG THEORY-R (7.45m)
#6 - Under the Dome (7.30m)
#7 - BIG BROTHER-SUN (7.24m)
#9 - NCIS: LOS ANGELES-R (6.97m)
#10 - BIG BROTHER-WED (6.64m)
#11 - BIG BROTHER-THU (6.60 m)
#12 - UNFORGETTABLE (6.39m)
#14 - MOM-THURSDAY-R (5.78m)
#18 - Extant (5.57m)
#19 - NFL PRE-SEASON: OAKLAND/GREEN BAY-S (5.46m)
CBS Weekly Highlights:
- BIG BROTHER SUNDAY was first in viewers (7.24m), adults 25-54 (2.9/08), adults 18-49 (2.5/08) and adults 18-34 (1.7/07), posting this season's best deliveries (on any night) in viewers, adults 25-54 and adults 18-49 and matching this season's best delivery (on any night) in adults 18-34. Compared to last week, BIG BROTHER was up +12% in adults 25-54 (from 2.6/08), +14% in adults 18-49 (from 2.2/07), +21% in adults 18-34 (from 1.4/06) and added +430,000 viewers (from 6.81m, +6%).
- BIG BROTHER WEDNESDAY was first in viewers (6.64m), adults 25-54 (2.8/09), adults 18-49 (2.3/08) and adults 18-34 (1.6/07), up +12% in adults 25-54 (from 2.5/08), +10% in adults 18-49 (from 2.1/08) and +14% in adults 18-34 (from 1.4/07).
- BIG BROTHER THURSDAY was first in viewers (6.60m), adults 25-54 (2.7/08), adults 18-49 (2.3/08) and adults 18-34 (1.5/06). Compared to last week, Thursday's BIG BROTHER was up +4% in adults 25-54 (from 2.6/07), +5% in adults 18-49 (from 2.2/08) and added +160,000 viewers (from 6.44m, +2%).
UNDER THE DOME
- UNDER THE DOME was first in viewers (7.30m), second in adults 25-54 (2.1/06) and adults 18-49 (1.5/05). Compared to last week, Under the Dome was even in both adults 25-54 and adults 18-49 and added +400,000 viewers (from 6.90m, +6%).
- A two-hour Extant from 9:00-11:00 PM was second in viewers (5.57m) and tied for second in both adults 25-54 (1.4/04) and adults 18-49 (1.0/03). Compared to last week's one-hour broadcast, Extant was even in adults 18-49.
- UNFORGETTABLE was second in viewers (6.39m) and adults 25-54 (1.3/03), up +8% in adults 25-54 (from 1.2/03), +13% in adults 18-49 (0.9/03 from 0.8/02) and added +110,000 viewers (from 6.28m, +2%).