Music to Travelers' Ears: Fairmont and Universal Launch Global Music Platform
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts today announced that it will continue to deliver branded music programming and authentic entertainment experiences to guests through a new partnership with Universal Music Group. This global, multi-faceted brand partnership includes a series of initiatives and exclusive events designed to appeal to music lovers globally.
"At Fairmont, it's our goal to connect guests with the very best of the destination and deliver authentic experiences that are meaningful to them," said Fairmont's President, Jennifer Fox. "Music is highly emotive and something that many Fairmont guests are passionate about. Through our partnership with Universal, we can provide our guests with exclusive access to music events and programs that they might not otherwise have had an opportunity to experience."
"We're always looking for new ideas to create and deliver interesting ways for people to enjoy our artists' music and we look forward to working with Fairmont to continue to develop innovative music-inspired experiences," said Olivier Robert-Murphy, Head of New Business, Universal Music Group Global.
To launch the new partnership, the leading brands are holding an exclusive event at London's legendary Abbey Road Studios, owned by Universal, on September 19, 2013, featuring a live performance by recording artist Jessie Ware, a British soul chanteuse and two-time BRIT Award nominee. The celebrated engagement will also mark the official debut of Abbey Road Studios' newly designed studio lounges, which have been given a complete makeover inspired by Fairmont's iconic hotel collection.
"Fairmont is a worldwide brand in hospitably excellence and we're delighted to once again enhance our vibrant partnership to include the celebrated Jessie Ware from Abbey Road Studios," said Randy Lennox, President and CEO, Universal Music Canada. "Jessie is an internationally acclaimed artist and the Abbey Road setting could not be more perfect to showcase her immense talents."
Highlights of the partnership between Fairmont and Universal include:
- Sounds of Fairmont Music Events; a global music series featuring top and up and coming Universal artists performing live at select Fairmont properties around the world. Previous Sounds of Fairmont performances have featured Corinne Bailey Rae, Emeli Sandé, Matt Nathanson, KT Tunstall and Diane Schuur in destinations as diverse as Shanghai, Beijing, Boston, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Vancouver and Quebec City.
- Debuting in October 2013, the Sounds of Fairmont CD compilation offers an evocative selection of songs from some of Universal's most talented artists. The collection provides the perfect soundtrack for an unforgettable stay, encouraging guests to get "in the moment", or can be enjoyed at home to rekindle memories. The CD will be available at select Fairmont hotels and at fairmontstore.com.
- Abbey Road Studios Record-a-Song Experience with The Savoy offers once-in-a-lifetime access to London's legendary recording studio, which is not open to the general public. Exclusively offered to Fairmont President's Club members, a program that is free to join, guests get a behind-the-scenes look at the studios where The Beatles, Pink Floyd and U2 created music history, and have the opportunity to record a group song from the Abbey Road Studios' catalogue. Their music session is professionally mixed and recorded and the group is treated to a playback of their recording in the studio, as well as a take home copy. The rock star treatment continues with a two-night stay at The Savoy, one of the world's iconic hotels, complete with a welcome reception and a Sunday jazz lunch.
- Fairmont and Abbey Road Studios have partnered to bring a refreshed look and sophisticated feel to the famed studios' lounges. Inspired by the style, luxury and timeless elegance of Fairmont's iconic properties, the lounges now offer an inspiring place for artists to record, work and socialize. Stylish design elements and refined furnishings echo some of Fairmont's most storied hotel bars and public spaces, which evoke a sense of history and memorable moments, much like Abbey Road Studios.
- Fairmont Peace Hotel, the hub of Shanghai's jazz scene for decades, welcomes a music-centered showcase titled Abbey Road Studios and the World's Greatest Music from September 23 to November 22, 2013. This exhibition offers the public a unique opportunity to view the studio's legendary Challen piano, a 1964 vintage multi-tone "Jangle Box" (the nickname was given because of its unique "honky-tonk" pedal), which is believed to have been used during landmark recordings including The Beatles' tracks of "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" and "Tomorrow Never Knows," among others. An accompanying photo exhibit celebrates Abbey Road Studios' illustrious 80 plus year history.
"Partnerships have proven to be a very effective way for Fairmont to go-to-market and are a key component of our overall marketing strategy," said Alexandra Blum, Fairmont's Executive Director, Partnerships. "Establishing compelling and innovative partner programs that meet our business objectives has enabled us to increase our brand recognition and value in the eyes of guests and prospective customers. Additionally, our partnership activity drives incremental room night production and provides partners like Universal Music with opportunities to showcase and further the reach of their brand through non-traditional marketing channels."
For more information on Fairmont and Universal's collaboration, as well as Fairmont's other lifestyle partners, please visit fairmont.com/partnerships.
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of more than 65 luxury properties around the globe, including Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel, The Plaza in New York, and Makkah Clock Royal Tower in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The luxury brand's distinctive hotels offer a sense of heritage and sophistication, warm, engaging service and culturally rich experiences. Fairmont balances the company's economic, environmental and social priorities and provides the framework for responsible hotel operations through the Sustainability Partnership program. Fairmont is owned by FRHI Holdings Limited, a leading global hotel company with over 100 hotels under the Fairmont, Raffles, and Swissôtel brands. The company also manages Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel branded luxury private residence clubs, whole-ownership residences and serviced residences properties. For more information or reservations, please call 1-800-441-1414 or visit fairmont.com. Become a fan of Fairmont. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and EveryonesAnOriginal.
Universal Music Group is the global music leader, with wholly owned operations in 60 territories. Its businesses also include Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide.
Universal Music Group's labels include A&M/Octone, Angel, Astralwerks, Blue Note Records, Capitol Christian Music Group, Capitol Records, Capitol Records Nashville, Caroline, Decca, Def Jam Recordings, Deutsche Grammophon, Disa, Emarcy, EMI Records Nashville, Fonovisa, Geffen Records, Harvest, Interscope Records, Island Records, Machete Music, Manhattan, MCA Nashville, Mercury Nashville, Mercury Records, Motown Records, Polydor Records, Republic Records, Universal Music Latino, Verve Music Group, Virgin Records, Virgin EMI Records, as well as a multitude of record labels owned or distributed by its record company subsidiaries around the world. The Universal Music Group owns the most extensive catalogue of music in the industry, which includes the last 100 years of the world's most popular artists and their recordings. UMG's catalogue is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). Universal Music Group also includes Global Digital Business, its new media and technologies division and Bravado, its merchandising company.
Abbey Road Studios is the most famous recording studios in the world and a British music icon. The studios have been home to countless landmark recordings and pioneering advances in recording technology. Opened in November 1931, Abbey Road Studios is the oldest purpose built recording studios in the world.
The legendary studios has a phenomenal 80 year history working with many of the world's most famous artists including The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Hollies, Kate Bush, U2, Oasis, Elbow, Florence and the Machine, Lady Gaga and Adele.
Also one of the world's premiere locations for movie scoring since the 1980s, films such as Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars, Braveheart and the Lord of The Rings Trilogy, have been recorded there. The list continues with many other major titles, including Shrek, The King's Speech, Harry Potter, Skyfall and The Hobbit.
To view the photo associated with this press release, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20130917-savoy_abbey_road_pic_sept17_800.jpg