SCHOOL OF ROCK to Make East Coast Debut in Foxboro, MA
Looking for an opportunity to see Andrew Lloyd Webber's Broadway hit SCHOOL OF ROCK? While Broadway shows do not typically grant permission to community theatres to perform so quickly after a show opens, The Un-Common Theatre Company is the first East Coast community theatre company to premiere SCHOOL OF ROCK at the Orpheum Theatre in Foxboro, Mass., from April 8th through April 10th.
For tickets, call Brown Paper Tickets at (800) 838-3006 or order online at www.schoolofrock.brownpapertickets.com.
SCHOOL OF ROCK is a brand new musical that follows Dewey Finn, (played by Pat Driscoll, Mansfield) a failed, wannabe rock star who decides to earn a few extra bucks by posing as a substitute teacher at a strict, prestigious prep school. Completely disinterested in being a traditional educator, Dewey decides to create his own curriculum, turning his class into a guitar- shredding, bass-slapping, mind-blowing rock band. With 14 new songs by award-winning composer Andrew Lloyd Webber, SCHOOL OF ROCK features a sensational on-stage kids' rock band and is a loving tribute to the power of music. As Dewey Finn says, "May the spirit of rock be with you!"
This production will feature local direction and talent, including:
- Brookline: Maggie Dowd, director and former Un-Common Theater actor making her young adult directorial debut.
- Canton: Danielle Clougher, music director and currently works at Needham Music and Dance and with Walpole Footlighters music director for "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown".
- Sharon: Anna Pietal, choreographer and former Un-Common Theater actor making her young adult choreographing debut.
The cast of talented local teens includes:
- Attleboro: Skylaih Pimentel (Kid Ensemble)
- Hopkinton: Sage Ratcliffe (Kid Ensemble)
- Mansfield: Jade April (Rosalie Mullins), Nate April (Band Manager), Maya Blodgett (Marcy), Linnea Carchedi (Mrs. Hathaway), Julia DeLuzio (Sophie), Pat Driscoll (Dewey Finn), Jackson Flaherty (Billy), Caroline Kanevski (Kid Ensemble), Mandi Kessler (Adult Ensemble), Brooke Leifer (Summer Hathaway), Nicholas Levine (Mr. Hamilton), Brynne Levine (Kid Ensemble), Benjamin Levine (James), Derek Lynch (Mr Mooneyhan), Jack Mullert (Kid Ensemble), Julia Mullert (Mrs Turner), Matt Neary (Zach Mooneyham), Gina Piro (Adult Ensemble), Cat Sapovits (Mrs. Travis), Brody Still (Freddy), Calvin TenEyck (Mr. Wagner), Ashley Tsimtsos (Mrs. Sheinkopf)
- Medfield: Anna Gelormini (Kid Ensemble)
- Norfolk: Cara DiPietro (Patty), Louie DiPietro (Mr.Woodward)
- North Attleboro: Teddy Drummond (Ned Schneebly)
- North Smithfield, RI: Nicole Spirito (Adult Ensemble)
- Norton: Chris Alves (Mr. Williams), Amelia Kirshon (Madison)
- Norwood: Julia Connor (Adult Ensemble), Andrea Stebbins (Adult Ensemble)
- Seekonk: Nicholas Milan (Mason)
- Walpole: Cate Lightbody (Shonelle)
- Westwood: Erin Fitzgerald (Katie)
- Wrentham: Bradley Bartlett-Roche (Lawrence)
SCHOOL OF ROCK is scheduled to perform at the Orpheum Theatre in Foxboro on Friday and Saturday, April 8th and 9th at 7:30 p.m., and Sunday, April 10th at 2:00 p.m. Tickets are $22.00 for adults and $17.00 for seniors and students when purchased in advance. At the door, tickets are $25 for adults and $20 for seniors and students.
To order tickets anytime, call Brown Paper Tickets at (800) 838-3006 or order online at www.schoolofrock.brownpapertickets.com. Members of The Un-Common Theatre Company, those who require a handicap seat or tickets for discounted group seating may email email@example.com for more information.
The Un-Common Theatre Company is currently in its 36th season of providing a safe, inviting and creative place for young adults and children to develop life skills through exposure to the professional theatrical experience. Our organization is supported in part by grants from the Easton, Foxboro, Mansfield and Wrentham Cultural Councils, and local agencies supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency. For more information on The Un-Common Theatre Company and SCHOOL OF ROCK, visit www.uncommontheatre.org.
Pictured: Bradley Bartlett-Roche (Wrentham), Pat Driscoll (Attleboro), Brooke Liefer (Mansfield), Matt Neary (Mansfield), Brody Still (Mansfield), Erin Fitzgerald (Westwood).