Page: 1

Moviegoing is about to become as expensive as theater

tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
2 tix = $70.00
not including concessions or parking.

Can you imagine someone spending that to see the next Rob Schneider movie?
Plushing up
....but the world goes 'round
mateo Profile Photomateo Profile Photo
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
yeah, but you get suuuuuushiiii.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
But how fresh will the ginger be?
....but the world goes 'round
mateo Profile Photomateo Profile Photo
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Pickled ginger has a pretty long shelf life.
"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This'll be nice if they go back to the good ol' days, where moviemaking is an actual experience instead of something to do when you're bored.

We're having sushi on my birthday!
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Any form of entertainment including sports is becoming prohibitive.

As long as people pay obscene prices for these, the prices will continue to rise. My brother in law will take me (his treat) to Yankee Stafium one last time. I will go & see each new stadium once & tht is it. We see most movies now on netflix & almost all theater is on tdf & if we do not see something because we cannot get a deal, so be it. We bring water with us to the show & buy nothing but a magnet. The few movies we go to we bring food in with us.
Poster Emeritus
paradox_error Profile Photoparadox_error Profile Photo
paradox_error
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Except Gold Class Cinemas are amazing!!! It's definitely my favourite way to see a film, so long as it's a good one. I went and saw the opening of Dreamgirls there, plus many other films I REALLY wanted to see...otherwise I wouldn't bother. But it REALLY improves the movie-going experience!!!
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think they tried to do something similar to this here in NYC, certainly at the Loew's 34th Street, where they had leather seats and people taking orders for snacks and things, and it didn't last long. Ultimately, paying that kind of money to see stuff like "SEMI-PRO" just seems silly.
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
Jonny boy Profile PhotoJonny boy Profile Photo
Jonny boy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I would pay 30 bucks to get pampered at the movies.... sounds like a great idea!
rosscoe(au) Profile Photorosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I love Gold Claas have been watching movies this way for the past 11 years. Just don't go Friday Saturday or Sunday when prices go up to around the $40.00 dollar mark.
Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I always enjoyed seeing movies at the Angelika at Mockingbird Station, in Dallas. Leather seats. A coffee and drink bar. Tickets weren't too bad, either.

They need to open one in Dallas stat!
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
husk_charmer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Movie Tavern and Metro do something similar, but the price of a movie is till only like 8 bucks.
http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer
SpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile PhotoSpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile Photo
SpellingBeeFan4Ever
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Due to the fact he makes one every 5 years, that should be changed to Adam Sandler.
He's a faker, and you've been taken in by his con. And in doing so, you are enabling him. He is doing more damage to aspergers than papa's words ever could. -Chane/Liverpool on me having asperger syndrome.
SpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile PhotoSpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile Photo
SpellingBeeFan4Ever
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Due to the fact he makes one every 5 years, that should be changed to Adam Sandler.
He's a faker, and you've been taken in by his con. And in doing so, you are enabling him. He is doing more damage to aspergers than papa's words ever could. -Chane/Liverpool on me having asperger syndrome.
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I paid $7 just before 5:00PM today, then went back for the Boleyn movie at 7:05...that was $10, and the coke and popcorn was another $10:50...ridiculous.

I'll stick to matinees without popcorn
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956