Page: 1

CapnHook is going to Yankee Stadium!!!!!

CapnHook Profile PhotoCapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
CapnHook is going to Yankee Stadium!!!!!#1
Posted: 3/18/08 at 2:11pm
A typical American may go to the theatre as an escape, but since my life IS theatre, where do I go?

Yankee Stadium!!

I have a little secret in that I love going to baseball games and watching them occasionally on TV, especially when it gets closer to the World Series.

My dad informed me that this is the final season the Yanks are using Yankee Stadium, and we always talked about going to see a game, but now it's officially happening. We bought the cheapest tickets we could and are going in May!

On a personal note, I'm very glad this is happening. My dad LOVES baseball and we're not exactly close...this is the perfect way to do something together. It was very surprising and touching for him to ask me to go, too. We are lower middle class and knowing what the expenses will be, we're still going to make the trip to New York!

I just wanted to share - I'm still in shock!

BTW - how does one get to Yankee Stadium from say 42nd St/Broadway?? About how many hours before the game begins should we leave to get to the stadium? Thanks!
"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
frogs_fan85 Profile Photofrogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The 4 train from Grand Central.
madbrian Profile Photomadbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The 'D' train is probably the best way to go. Shouldn't take long to get there, but you may want to go early and tour monument park.
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
wexy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm there every Sunday home game and Opening day is only 13 days away. Midtown west, the D is the best bet.
'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'
CapnHook Profile PhotoCapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks! How long is the commute?
"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
wexy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Its pretty quick from midtown.
'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'
frogs_fan85 Profile Photofrogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
FYI- If you're going to a night game, the D train does not stop at Yankee Stadium during rush hour 4-6:45 and the B train is rush hour only at that stop.
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I lived in Detroit for 6 yeas, four of them a block and a half from Tiger Stadium, and never went to a game.......until after I moved and came back on a business trip, which happened to be the last game ever there before moving to the new stadium.

A friend had bought tickets, and it was one of the most amazing nights ever.

Conversely in Chicago I lived a few blocks from Wrigley Field, and was deeply against lights at Wrigley, and got to be at the first night game at Wrigley.......and didn't like it at all.

After that, I went back to going to day games as it just wasn't right with lights at Wrigley
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
Updated On: 3/18/08 at 05:12 PM