as long as we're talking sex, how about the dem in the steamroom in boca with the little boy

papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
how did we not hear about bammy's buddy deval patrick's aide assaulting the 12-16 year old boy in the steamroom? he must have been reading bww and thought that anyone in a steamroom's fair game.

so by the logic of the board, patrick is also a pedophile and that would make bammy one too.
carl stanley mcgee
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
mmousefan Profile Photommousefan Profile Photo
mmousefan
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
why couldn't I find steamrooms like that when I was a teenager> particularly with PAPA MAMBO in them....
just keep swimming along, don't rise to the....
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
and just for paljoey:

a year after same-sex marriage became legal in massachusetts in may 2004, mcgee's wedding to john finley iv was highlighted in the "vows" section of the new york times. former state senator jarrett t. barrios officiated.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

mmousefan
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
I have this sinking feeling the kid is not that "innocent." My bet is that he appears much older. There is something in that "talked to him one day, approached him in the steam room the next"....if it was truly an innocent child, then

a) why in steamroom alone (where were the parents)

b) if the older man made him uncomfortable, after years of "don't let yourself be touched in the swimsuit areas", why didn't he just leave the room

after all, it's pretty hard to "force" someone to let you go down on them. He wasn't tied up or otherwise restrained. He either chickened out, or if he hustles, decided this john might pay better if blackmailed to avoid a lawsuit.

Of course, I could be wrong about all this, but something is not playing right at a "pedophile predator" angle.
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh god, here we go again with the Barbour defense, "The kid was asking for it, your honor!"
PEACE.
mmousefan
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
I didn't quite say that. I take true pedophilia seriously. Yet I do think some teenagers are sexually active and aggressive earlier than others. I agree that responsible adults should always check to be sure, and also that the venue does not sound as if it's a place where such behavior is appropriate. However, on balance, there are plenty of teens who appear much older, and apparently neither participant here was quite thinking with the upper head. There is definitely a misdemeanor here, I'm just not sure there is a pedophile rape situation yet.
StickToPriest Profile PhotoStickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Technically speaking, he is not a pedophile. He's an ephebophile.

Either way, he committed a crime.
"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
best12bars Profile Photobest12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
So, is the moral of the story "always card your tricks?"
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
or don't cheat on your spouse.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Izzie2 Profile PhotoIzzie2 Profile Photo
Izzie2
Understudy
Understudy
that's the ticket Blame the child.

sounds very similar to "she was dressed like a whore it made me think she wanted it"
Although we have are pride, we have been known to cast for food. BERNARD TELSEY CASTING, C.S.A.
"One more outburst from you sir and I bludgeon you to death with this microphone" The Wedding Singer
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
and just for paljoey:

What has that to do with me or me with it?
Mekroth
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Yeah. I was wondering that myself.
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"I'm just not sure there is a pedophile rape situation yet."

right, it's only sexual abuse of a child.....as if what you call it matters.

He's the adult, and HE should have known better. It's illegal. I don't care if the kid looks 30, and was egging him on.....IT'S ILLEGAL, and it's sexual abuse of a minor, PERIOD.
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
what is it with straight men and closeted gay men not being able to keep their dicks in their pants?

we out gay men are the only decent and moral guys around.

nothing, pj, nothing at all.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Mekroth
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Odd. When I clicked the link. An ad for Axe shower Gel "The art of Skin Contact" appeared next to the article.
mmousefan
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Not trying to start any flame wars here. Yet there could be some over-reaction. Any of you gay men out there who have NEVER flirted with ANYONE inappopriate (or kissed them, or done more) are welcome to keep tossing those stones at the glass houses. Any straight men either, for that matter.

"Blame the child"....please, I never did that. Nor did I get close "dressed wrong and asking for it." Stop exagerrating. I allowed it's possible to revert this story to tired "older gay men as predator" tropes, and that I'll even admit that those tropes have some basis in fact. Yet just because scenarios like that exist, doesn't mean they exist EACH AND EVERY TIME on such scant evidence so far.

Of course a crime was committed. But I maintain that sensationalizing cases before all the facts can be verified leads to a climate where victims of worse are trivialized (because the cops and courts are chasing paper tigers instead).
South Fl Marc Profile PhotoSouth Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
First I want to say what McGee did was wrong, there is no defense for it.

Having said that, I just think it strange that in this country, if a 15 year old has sex with an adult, he is considered a minor and a victim and is treated as such. He couldn't possibly have the ability to consent. If the same 15 year old gets a gun and shoots someone, then he is considered an adult, tried as one and sentenced as an adult.
Why is that? If you treat him as a minor when dealing with sex, shouldn't that be the case in everything he does?
Now living in DC. I really have to change my name on the board.
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Papa--after all these years, you still don't know when I'm being sarcastic?
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Lemme get this straight- the 15 year old is somehow to blame because he was in the steam room ALONE? The lengths people will go to blame the victim makes me sick.

No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
eh, i was in a literal mood yesterday.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

mmousefan
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Let me see if you can understand it straight:

a) if I was the parent of a 15 year old teen boy who liked to talk to single older stange men at resorts, I would not be keen on allowing him into steamrooms alone

b) if a 15 year old teen boy is uncomfortable while alone in a steam room with an older man, a good option is to leave (it would be hard for me to believe he was forced to remain by the said older man). Any 15-year old raised in our era, well-parented or not, should know that.

There is no "blame the victim" there, these are simple observations; you are implying sickness to try and make me wrong.
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
HUH Where did you get the idea that this kid "Likes to hang out in Steam rooms" or "Talks to single older strange men"? How long have you known this kid? Or have you just read the story and plugged in yourfantasy?

Repeat after me: Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting. Projecting.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
mmousefan
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
be careful, your projection beam works both ways. I never said he "liked to hang out in steam rooms." If you need to demonize someone else by exagerrating their intentions, that's your own challenge. Keep it to yourself, no matter how many times you have to repeat it. That is just a visual example of the exagerration. Repeating a mantra does not make it any more truthful.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
consider that nit picked, mousey the child lover.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort