Page: 1

Mystic River

Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mystic River#1
Posted: 3/10/08 at 10:21am
I saw this movie when it first came out. Recently I picked up the book and found it better than the movie.

With such well drawn characters, could this story be a Broadway play? (I'm talking a play, not a musical).
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
roquat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mystic River#2
Posted: 3/10/08 at 11:38am
I hate this bloody movie with a passion. I agree that the book is better and has much more subtext, and probably would work better as a play (it would at least be free from the movie's wretched overacting).
I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."
lildogs Profile Photolildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mystic River#2
Posted: 3/10/08 at 11:41am
While I kinda enjoyed this movie, I agree that the performances were overwrought, though I liked Marcia Gay. I thought it was a well-produced movie of the week.
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mystic River#3
Posted: 3/10/08 at 11:47am
As far as the movie, I liked Marcia Gay Harden. Laura Linney and Kevin Bacon were miscast. I don't know what Tim Robbins was doing, but he wasn't playing the character that was written in the book.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.