Ralph Nadar Mulls Another Run For President

Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is according to CNN

Harold Stassen is alive & well. This should shake things up as usual.
Poster Emeritus
roquat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
In regards to the last time, courtesy The New Yorker:

You self-righteous nerd,
Why did you run?
If it weren't for you,
Gore would have won.

You're one of democracy's best defenders;
If only you'd stuck with rating blenders.

When anyone can buy a gun
Without too much ado,
A few will ask, "who paved the way?"
And I will think of you.

Thanks a lot, jerk.
I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."
pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"This should shake things up as usual."

I doubt that he will even cause a minor blip on the radar. People are on to his spoiler and attention grabbing tactics and if he enters the race I don't see him getting much support at all. Especially if it means taking votes away from a democratic contender in a post George (lowest ratings of a President EVER) Bush America.

Next thing I guess we will hear is that Ross Perot is considering getting into the race.
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
Liverpool Profile PhotoLiverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
He'd likely do well in places like New York and California, but in swing states his affect would be nominal.
MrMidwest Profile PhotoMrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think Obama already has most of the people who would consider voting for Nader in his grasp.
"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think all of the former Nader supporters now understand, to their great shame and humiliation, that he was only a paid tool of the Bush/Cheney campaigns and the Republican National Committee, which funded his campaigns, and that Ralph Nader himself took advantage of their naivete to put Bush into office.
nygrl23 Profile Photonygrl23 Profile Photo
nygrl23
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Don't mean to sound naive, but, for realsies, PJ?
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Nader supporters froth at the mouth when this is pointed out, but his last campaigns were funded by the RNC.
July 2004: GOP donors funding Nader
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The only person who *doesn't* seem to get it is Ralph.
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
StickToPriest Profile PhotoStickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Or he's just become a narcissist, a shadow of his former self.
"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I hope and pray every day that the Obama supporters don't come to regret their support the way the Nader supporters have come to regret theirs.
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How are the two even remotely comparable??

Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
someone PLEASE put Ralph out of OUR misery
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
TheHumanTorch Profile PhotoTheHumanTorch Profile Photo
TheHumanTorch
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Pal Joey... how is the support of Obama at all comparable to the support of Nader?
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
As Thelma Ritter said in All About Eve, "You want an answer--or an argument?"
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
because the black man is clearly evil and being paid by the bush administration to get another republican in the white house DUH.

come on guys do try to keep up. Obama is just the black puppet of the republican party.
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I want an answer, because I see nothing comparable about their two candidacies.

Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Its a truly laughable attempt my hillary supporters to get people to vote for her by claiming she's the only candidate that can win in the general election which is actually opposite of the truth SINCE EVERYONE ON THE RIGHT HATES HER ALONG WITH HALF OF THE LEFT.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sorry--I'm not answering in this thread. Liverpool wants an argument.
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
hahha thats cause you have no answer and you know it, you're simply passing on pathetically weak and more than slightly racist propaganda being diseminated by a woman so desperate to make it to the throne she's run out of options.
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
But really PJ, please WOW us with your brilliant logic. Show us how Barack Obama, a major party candidate with broad national support over ALL demographics is equal to a troll of a 3rd party candidate only appealing the most extreme liberals too stupid to realize he's an empty shirt.
Updated On: 2/23/08 at 04:43 PM
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
it is only through my own keen insight into pj's mind that i can offer my interpretation of why he made that statement and what i think he means by it.

he's still unconvinced that b. hussein can win the general election against mccain. he hopes that if bam bam gets the nomination that he doesn't go down in flames. if he does, pj's worried that those people who supported him will come to rue their actions just as much as those who supported nader in '00 (assuming of course that they all do, which is something about which i remain unconvinced). '04 nader supporters don't really matter because there weren't enough to really matter.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
touchmeinthemorning
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'd probably vote Nader in the general. And, for those of you who think Nader didn't do anything, he forced the Dems to offer real candidates instead of the no name near-republican war mongers that we usually get as dem nominees.
"Fundamentalism means never having to say 'I'm wrong.'" -- unknown
etoile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think anyone wanting to run for president, and is able to legally satisfy the requirements to run, should have the opportunity. And as many times as he/she wants, regardless of the impact of "splitting" votes. It's a fundamental right. To dream that dream. It's part of the fabric of this country. That's what makes this America. That's why many an American has sacrificed their blood, their life, years of their life, to maintain and keep secure that right and opportunity for the Ross Perots, Ralph Naders and even the dangerous Lyndon LaRouches of this country to run.

If you don't agree with their politics, than you simply don't vote for them, but no one should be admonished for running. That's my take on it.
Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.
Updated On: 2/24/08 at 01:32 AM
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Nader is a Republican operative. That is a fact. His supporters are being played for chumps.