Page: 1

Clinton & Obama skip vote

Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Clinton & Obama skip vote#1
Posted: 2/14/08 at 3:19pm
In the vote to ban waterboarding and other "harsh" interrogation methods, guess who didn't vote?

Clinton

Obama
Link
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clinton & Obama skip vote#2
Posted: 2/14/08 at 3:22pm
Well Goth you can go them one better right now and vote yourself, right here and now: Is water boarding torture? Should it be legal?
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clinton & Obama skip vote#2
Posted: 2/14/08 at 3:29pm
"Is water boarding torture? Should it be legal?"

For people who want to see us dead, and who will fly airplanes into buildings and strap bombs to themselves, I have no problem allowing the authorities to do what needs to be done.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clinton & Obama skip vote#3
Posted: 2/14/08 at 3:34pm
to do what needs to be done

Jesus wept when you pressed "Send."
JohnBoy2 Profile PhotoJohnBoy2 Profile Photo
JohnBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clinton & Obama skip vote#4
Posted: 2/14/08 at 3:39pm
Yet Obama just couldn't wait to vote against a bill that would protect a late-term fetus that lives after an abortion procedure. He couldn't wait to vote to kill those living, breathing, defenseless babies.
JustAGuy Profile PhotoJustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clinton & Obama skip vote#5
Posted: 2/14/08 at 3:40pm
"I have no problem allowing the authorities to do what needs to be done."

And do you feel the same way when one of our soldiers is captured, and the "enemy" wants information? Or is it just a one way street for you?
"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clinton & Obama skip vote#6
Posted: 2/14/08 at 3:43pm
"And do you feel the same way when one of our soldiers is captured, and the "enemy" wants information? Or is it just a one way street for you?"

How many times have our soldiers flown planes into buildings?
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clinton & Obama skip vote#7
Posted: 2/14/08 at 3:45pm
Obviously the people who were tortured, didn't fly planes into buildings either. Or they would be dead, and torture wouldn't be necessary.

My question still stands...is it alright for the US to torture, but not okay for another country to do the same?

"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett
Updated On: 2/14/08 at 03:45 PM
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clinton & Obama skip vote#8
Posted: 2/14/08 at 3:46pm
And what do you have to say about the two Democrat POTUS nominees skipping such an important vote? From this moment on everything they say about torture will be meaningless because they had a chance to vote and didn't.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clinton & Obama skip vote#9
Posted: 2/14/08 at 3:47pm
No it won't.
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clinton & Obama skip vote#10
Posted: 2/14/08 at 3:48pm
Why would it be meaningless?

And why, won't you answer the question?
Updated On: 2/14/08 at 03:48 PM
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clinton & Obama skip vote#11
Posted: 2/14/08 at 3:51pm
"And why, won't you answer the question?"

Why won't you stay on the topic of the thread which is that Clinton & Obama skipped a very important vote?
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clinton & Obama skip vote#12
Posted: 2/14/08 at 3:56pm
Because your un-Christian defense of torture in stoamch-turning.

YOU OF ALL PEOPLE should condemn it.

Or perhaps you're not really as godly as you claim.

Disgusting.
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clinton & Obama skip vote#13
Posted: 2/14/08 at 4:01pm
Okay...staying on topic. Presidential Candidate John McCain voted for torture...even though in the past he has spoken out against it.

So, I guess John, was against torture, before he was for it.

Maybe someone can bring that up in the next Presidential debates.

And no, I'm not happy that they skipped the vote. But, Bush has already said he would veto it. I more hopeful, that they will vote to override the veto.

NOW, about my question. Is torture good for America, but not for anyone else?

Updated On: 2/14/08 at 04:01 PM
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clinton & Obama skip vote#14
Posted: 2/14/08 at 4:03pm
They didn't come back to vote because they knew it was going to pass. Their votes were not needed. McCain came back to vote against it, saying that it "Went too far" even though he has spoken out against the tactics prohibited in the bill saying "All I can say is that it was used in the Spanish Inquisition, it was used in Pol Potís genocide in Cambodia, and there are reports that it is being used against Buddhist monks today. It is not a complicated procedure. It is torture.Ē

FYI, the United States prosecuted Japanese soldiers who water boarded American soldiers during WWII. They were convicted and sentenced to death.

No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clinton & Obama skip vote#15
Posted: 2/14/08 at 4:05pm
Oh and the President will exercise his veto to keep America Torturing.
pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clinton & Obama skip vote#16
Posted: 2/14/08 at 4:06pm
So they were not there to vote, BFD. If their votes were needed for it to pass they would have been there. People running for office miss votes all the time. Everyone knows their position on the matter. I know you want to find something to bash them on but you are one of the few people making noise that they missed the vote. Something one would actually expect you to rejoice since there were two less votes for the bill and since you think that torture is just fine and dandy.
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clinton & Obama skip vote#17
Posted: 2/14/08 at 4:09pm
"They didn't come back to vote because they knew it was going to pass. Their votes were not needed."

Or perhaps they just figured Bush was going to veto it anyway so why bother?
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Clinton & Obama skip vote#18
Posted: 2/14/08 at 4:14pm
Come one Goth, don't be like HD and not answer a direct question, it's making you very troll-like.

Is torture okay for the US, but NOT okay for everyone else. Seems like a pretty simple question. A yes or no is all that's required.
South Fl Marc Profile PhotoSouth Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Who should we waterboard#19
Posted: 2/14/08 at 5:07pm
If we have to waterboard, I say we start with ... G. W. Bush. After all how else will we get the truth out of this lying, hypocritical, worthless piece of crap? And according to him, it's not torture.
Now living in DC. I really have to change my name on the board.
Updated On: 2/14/08 at 05:07 PM
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Who should we waterboard#20
Posted: 2/14/08 at 5:16pm
How many planes did Jesus fly into buildings?

And he was tortured.

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."