SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!

mateo Profile Photomateo Profile Photo
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!#1
Posted: 2/13/08 at 5:41pm
Ellen Page to host March 1.

I am so excited for its return! Who is with me?

Live from New York, it will be Tina Fey on a new episode of Saturday Night Live! Producers have announced that the late-nighter will return Feb. 23 with the former head writer/cast member at the helm, making it one of the first programs to rebound from the three-month-long WGA strike. (No official word yet on when Fey's new baby, 30 Rock, will return, although Ausiello sez we should see five to 10 new eps sometime this spring.)

"It's been a long dry spell without Saturday Night Live on the air," Rick Ludwin, head of late-night entertainment at NBC, tells the AP. "They've been sitting on the sidelines watching all this happening in politics and the primaries. SNL thrives during an election year and they can't wait to get back on." Indeed! In fact, the last new SNL featured a skit in which Hillary Clinton hosted a Halloween party where the other candidates joked about the inevitability of her presidency. Barack Obama, wearing a "Barack Obama" mask, guest-starred. What a difference three months makes, huh?

Ellen Page, Juno's Oscar-nominated home skillet, has been confirmed to host SNL the following week honest to blog! Mickey O'Connor

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Snl-Return-Feb/800033133
"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
uncageg Profile Photouncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!#2
Posted: 2/13/08 at 6:54pm
Thank GOD!!! I need new Will Forte and Seth Meyers!! And Amy and Seth doing the news!
Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 2/13/08 at 06:54 PM
SNLMedia Profile PhotoSNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!#2
Posted: 2/13/08 at 7:26pm
This is so great! I've been missing my weekly dose of late-night comedy. And Fey hosting? Rock the eff on.
"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

futurenala Profile Photofuturenala Profile Photo
futurenala
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!#3
Posted: 2/13/08 at 7:49pm
I'm sooooooooo happy! I've been waiting forever for it to come back on.
"Robin De Jesus has issues"~ JANET DACAL "Yeah, and that's putting it lightly"~ ANDREA BURNS "If you watched CBS on June 15th , I was nominated for a Tony... And I was in Camp"~ ROBIN DE JESUS "...but I ^&#$@*% made you believe I was Italian!"~MATTHEW MORRISON http://legallybrownonbroadway.com/
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!#4
Posted: 2/13/08 at 8:03pm
I had a feeling they'd go with her as the short-notice host. And I'm setting my DVR as I type.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
HorseTears Profile PhotoHorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!#6
Posted: 2/13/08 at 11:18pm
Great news! I can't wait to see this. I have a feeling that this is going to be one of the best SNL's since Tina left.
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!#7
Posted: 2/14/08 at 12:44pm
I really wish they'd do a PROJECT RUNWAY parody. I think Maya Rudolph would make a hilarious Heidi Klum.
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
BroomstickBoy Profile PhotoBroomstickBoy Profile Photo
BroomstickBoy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!#8
Posted: 2/24/08 at 12:32am
Anyone watching?
It's actually funny!

How about Tina's rant on Weekend Update?
I don't WANT to live in what they call "a certain way." In the first place I'd be no good at it and besides that I don't want to be identified with any one class of people. I want to live every whichway, among all kinds---and know them---and understand them---and love them---THAT's what I want! - Philip Barry (Holiday)
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!#9
Posted: 2/24/08 at 12:50am
We've got it on our To Do list.

Go Carrie!
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
re: SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!#10
Posted: 2/24/08 at 12:51am
I've just started watching it and I laughed so hard when she said "I can do it!" like an old time movie.
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!#11
Posted: 2/24/08 at 12:56am
Carrie sucks. Tina (30) Rocks!
PEACE.
etoile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!#12
Posted: 2/24/08 at 1:39am
I thought Steve Martin was the highlight, but then I find him the highlight of whatever he's involved in.
Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
re: SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!#13
Posted: 2/24/08 at 1:41am
Aw, someone's got a crush!
SNAFU Profile PhotoSNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!#14
Posted: 2/24/08 at 1:42am
I was amazed to see Huckabee with only two eyes and one mouth!
Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
SNAFU Profile PhotoSNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!#15
Posted: 2/24/08 at 1:42am
I was amazed to see Huckabee with only two eyes and one mouth!
Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!#16
Posted: 2/24/08 at 2:49am
BITCH IS THE NEW BLACK!!!!
broadwayman17
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!#17
Posted: 2/24/08 at 3:28am
I loved the photo shopped Oscar films digital short
Yes, but sometimes people have a third deeper layer thats the same as the first. Like pie. Dr. Horrible
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!#18
Posted: 2/24/08 at 9:41am
I thought this was the funniest SNL since- gosh I can't remember when. I was worried when the opening sketch sort of laid there, but Fey's Monologue followed by the Once-a-year period pill commercial mad me laugh out loud. More Tina Please!
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
futurenala
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!#19
Posted: 2/24/08 at 11:01am
It was really funny. And I like how they kept making fun of the Oscar nominated movies. Is Mya still on the show?
"Robin De Jesus has issues"~ JANET DACAL "Yeah, and that's putting it lightly"~ ANDREA BURNS "If you watched CBS on June 15th , I was nominated for a Tony... And I was in Camp"~ ROBIN DE JESUS "...but I ^&#$@*% made you believe I was Italian!"~MATTHEW MORRISON http://legallybrownonbroadway.com/
Updated On: 2/24/08 at 11:01 AM
mattonstage Profile Photomattonstage Profile Photo
mattonstage
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!#20
Posted: 2/24/08 at 11:20am
Don Pardo: 90 and looking and sounding great!!!!! I'm glad they mentioned him tonight, since they totally dissed him on the 25th anniversary special. He's been a great part of SNL since the very begining. I'm not positive, but I would say he's the only person to be with the show it's entire run. Didn't Lorne Michaels even leave for a while?
I killed the boss, you don't think they're gonna fire me over a thing like that!!!!
Parks
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!#21
Posted: 2/24/08 at 11:42am
Do they ever re-air episodes? I missed it! re: SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey! Any of the sketches online yet?
"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA
frogs_fan85 Profile Photofrogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!#22
Posted: 2/24/08 at 11:54am
They do air repeats. They have three more new episodes in a row schedules, so maybe after that this one will be on. That segment with Daniel Plainview and "I Drink Your Milkshake" was great. Bill Hader's impression of Daniel Day Lewis was spot on. And who was that new girl? Has she been on before?
mateo Profile Photomateo Profile Photo
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!#23
Posted: 2/24/08 at 11:59am
No this was her first show.

Her Rachel Ray was pretty dead on.

I missed the last skit. I fell asleep during Carrie's last performance.
"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
futurenala
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: SNL returns Feb. 23 with Fey!#24
Posted: 2/24/08 at 12:00pm
Most of the sketches are on the website right now.
website