God Hates Fags...and plus size women

JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
God Hates Fags...and plus size women#1
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:12pm
This past weekend, there was a multiple murder in the southwest Suburbs of Chicago. A gunman came into a Lane Bryant store on Saturday Morning and ended up shooting 5 women dead. (One was shot, but survived.) The first funerals for these poor women are this weekend...and who is planning on picketing? Why, the Westboro Baptist church, Fred Phelps insane "church" know for picketing funerals of AIDS victims and running the infamous "God Hates Fags" website. Why in the world torment the families of these murder victims? Why, that wicked wicked Lane Bryant store carried plus-size dresses that MIGHT have been bought by Transvestites. Really.
The Southtown Star
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
wickedfiyeroofoz Profile Photowickedfiyeroofoz Profile Photo
wickedfiyeroofoz
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I'd give up some of my freedom of speech if it meant these idiots could be arrested....Is that wrong?
How can they see with sequins in their eyes?
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I guess they couldn't get out to Australia?
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
If Westboro were a BWW poster I'd swear it was a sock puppet.

robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Poor Mrs. Huckabee better watch her back!
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Don't give anyone ideas, Phyllis!
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
May I just say that Lane Bryant is not only geared toward plus size women, but SHORT plus size women. Just think about the equation that has to be going on in the minds of these wackos in order for them to jump to their conclusion.

Un-effing-believable.
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
lildogs Profile Photolildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Transvestites? What is this, 1950?

If I was looking for women's clothes, I'd go to Express--not that I've ever thought of it....
Shawk Profile PhotoShawk Profile Photo
Shawk
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The primary objective of Westboro seems to be to get headlines by being insanely hateful in very bizarre ways; unfortunately for the world at large, they do it quite well. Maybe next they should picket fabric stores... after all, transvestites might be making clothes with the fabric!
'"Contrairiwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."' ~Lewis Carroll
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Herve Villechaize wore culottes?
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: God Hates Fags...and plus size women#10
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:24pm
I "get" why they do the soldiers and celebrities, but there is no ratioanle for this.

They're really losing it. How long before they lock themselves in a compound and try to cecede? It'll be Waco all over again.
....but the world goes 'round
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: God Hates Fags...and plus size women#11
If the Australia mention was in reference to Heath Ledger's funeral, they called on decent Australians to protest, but apparently were unable to make the trip down under.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
re: God Hates Fags...and plus size women#11
Imagine.
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: God Hates Fags...and plus size women#13
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:26pm
"decent Australians"

All the Australians I've met, both gay and straight, have been insanely nice. I can't see any of them being crazy enough to join into the WBC's craziness.

I don't see the rationale for any of their picketing.
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
re: God Hates Fags...and plus size women#14
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:28pm
re: God Hates Fags...and plus size women

Imagine no religion.

nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: God Hates Fags...and plus size women#15
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:30pm
That should read, "Imagine no hate."
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: God Hates Fags...and plus size women#16
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:32pm
Another Waco is fine with me...they protested us when we did GREASE in Wichita--of course, he wasn't there--he just sent some women and children. One of our chorus queers went out there and pranced and flounced for them...it was kinda funny really. The local ladies group brought us baked goods in lieu of an apology--poor folks, having him to deal with!
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: God Hates Fags...and plus size women#17
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:34pm
I would love to prance out in front of their church. Naked and covered in glitter.
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
re: God Hates Fags...and plus size women#18
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:34pm
Without a bible to cling to, nitsua, homobigots would have no leg to stand on.
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: God Hates Fags...and plus size women#19
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:36pm
But I don't remember Matthew being killed because God told them to.
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: God Hates Fags...and plus size women#20
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:36pm
The justification from their website (You can go on and look up future pickets, which currently not only includes these funerals and an Iraq Caualties funeral but a performance of "The Laramie Project" and a funeral for a whole family gunned down by their disturbed son.): (It's kind of hard to read, their grammar is worse than a 14-year-old ReNt fan who can't get tickets to the final performance.)

"This is for the funeral of Connie R. Woolfolk. She was put to death by the LORD of Hosts for the crimes and sins of Doomed America. Why have you offered up lies and vain words? Why do you not rather CUT OFF the idolatry, the adultery, and lying and obey God? Proverbs 1:20 Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets [THINK PICKETING, PREACHING ON THE STREETS WITH SIGNS, ROBUST, THE FEAR OF GOD; OBEY GOD!)"
Updated On: 2/7/08 at 05:36 PM
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: God Hates Fags...and plus size women#21
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:37pm
"OBEY GOD!"

Love thy neighbor.
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: God Hates Fags...and plus size women#22
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:38pm
I'm glad I'm a godless commie liberal sodomite.
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
re: God Hates Fags...and plus size women#23
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:40pm
But I don't remember Matthew being killed because God told them to

I see what you're saying, and I'll admit I'm making a leap, but without religion there'd be no justification for marginalizing gay people. Without that justification society would have less tolerance for homobigots. Less tolerance for that means less acts of gay bashing.

Like I said, I know it's a leap, but I believe it with all my heart.
Updated On: 2/7/08 at 05:40 PM
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: God Hates Fags...and plus size women#24
Posted: 2/7/08 at 5:42pm
I getcha. We're the spawn of Satan because the Bible says so.