Page: 1

MTV Gauntlet Shows

supportivemom Profile Photosupportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
MTV Gauntlet Shows#1
Posted: 1/27/08 at 11:04pm
Just switching the channels and saw that there is a new Road Rules/Real World gauntlet show. Who watches these shows and why do we care who wins? I've already changed the channel but I was just askin'. mom
SNLMedia Profile PhotoSNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: MTV Gauntlet Shows#2
Posted: 1/27/08 at 11:10pm
Does MTV even have any music-themed programming on anymore?
"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: MTV Gauntlet Shows#2
Posted: 1/27/08 at 11:14pm
Exactly- where's the music? Seems like Justin Timberlake got cut off at a recent MTV awards show when he pleaded for more music videos.
mattonstage Profile Photomattonstage Profile Photo
mattonstage
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: MTV Gauntlet Shows#3
Posted: 1/27/08 at 11:23pm
I no longer can stomach MTV. It's very sad, I was their target audience when they began, and when they decided to shun their anniversary this year, it was a little kick in the pants to the people who made them. It's like they were saying, "We no longer believe there is anyone over 21 in this world, so, see ya!"
That being said, I have mixed feelings about the Gauntlets. I do love to watch, but I find them also kinda sad. These poor people on these shows seem to live from challenge to challenge. I'd really like to know more about their lives outside of MTV. Do they actually have lives, jobs, families, etc?
I killed the boss, you don't think they're gonna fire me over a thing like that!!!!
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: MTV Gauntlet Shows#4
Posted: 1/27/08 at 11:26pm
I wonder how much they get paid to do these shows. Some of them are on every one of them- or so it seems. There must be a pretty hefty reason for them to keep coming back or do they sadly think they will be seen by some casting director. I want my MTV music back!
mattonstage Profile Photomattonstage Profile Photo
mattonstage
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: MTV Gauntlet Shows#5
Posted: 1/28/08 at 12:17am
Thank God for VH1 Classic.
I killed the boss, you don't think they're gonna fire me over a thing like that!!!!