GLAAD Alert: Protest John Gibson's Cruel and Tasteless Comments About Heath

FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You apologize! Especially at this time when his friends and family are grieving!!

Or Else!
Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm not glad. I'll be glad when he's fired. I hope they turn up the heat and go after his advertisers. Hey, if GLAAD gets him fired or even draws alot of negative press towards Fox/Gibson, all the power to them.Didn't Imus loose his job in a similar way or are the rules different towards gay people?
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i will not namo and you can't make me! who do you think you are? glaad? don't think i didn't see your earlier statements disassociating yourself from the greatest thing on earth since the movie brokeback mountain.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
thetinymagic2 Profile Photothetinymagic2 Profile Photo
thetinymagic2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Namo, you are SO on target this time.
Every minority, including my own, being Jewish, DOESN't need to be"defended" publicly against every idiot who ever uttered a STUPID, INANE, IGNORANT or prejudiced word. This is America, where you're ALLOWED to be an ignoramus. What ever happened to IGNORIiNG STUPIDITY, instead of making a "ratings game" out of every utterance?
Don't buy into this crap.
MrMidwest Profile PhotoMrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I can't imagine that Gibson would still be on the air if he made fun of a guy's death because he played a Jewish person.
"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
We all know what happened to Isiah Washington.
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
thetinymagic2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No one is forcing any American to turn on their TV or listen to their radio, Mr.Midwest. Just because some idiot pontificates in the media, or
speaks on the radio or TV does NOT make it important. Live without TV or Radio for a month and see what I mean. Technology only makes it faster and more furious to be "stupid". To be a "shock jock", etc. is the media's purposeful way of making $$$$$. To be boring, is death.
Be a network exec and pick. Making purposefully devisive comments is "de rigeur". It's all about $$$$$.
MrMidwest Profile PhotoMrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't disagree with anything you just said.
"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
thetinymagic2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm just not as witty as everyone else on this board....!? I don't watch TV anymore, but one can't even avoid " BS celeb news" on on-line news. The "reputable" news agencies now use TMZ, Natl Enquirer, etc. as credible journalistic sources. Am I crazy or what?
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
John Gibson's apology.

All things said and done, more convincing than Isaiah or Mel Gibson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ8sFzuWouo
jenna2 Profile Photojenna2 Profile Photo
jenna2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
My god, that apology is almost painful to watch. You can see his eyes moving along with the tele-prompter!
Call the understudy / I can't go on tonight / I'm drinking with my buddy / I'm getting good and tight / Before they raise the curtain I'll be higher than a kite / So call the understudy I can't go on tonight
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"or are the rules different towards gay people?"

WHAT gay people?
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Which GLAAD will add to its Accomplishments Page soon, I'm sure."

What will they have accomplished anyway? A coerced apology is meaningless.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They will have accomplished absolutely nothing. But that won't stop them from taking credit for something.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I love coerced apologies. I wish the Gay Agenda had codified penances for homophobia the way the Catholic Church has for sin.

So we would have the equivalent of three Hail Marys for the use of the word "faggot" and 2 Our Fathers for a non-postmodern "queer."

Not sure what those equivalences should be, but they would of course involve sexual acts of some sort...
Cruel_Sandwich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
But is he a nice man?
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What does an organization's administrative titles have to do with any of this?
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
GLAAD helped to promote "I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry." Money may not buy happiness, but it certainly can buy GLAAD-ness.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
That makes me SADD, but not MADD.
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What I don't get is how when "The War At Home" first started airing (and I've never really watched the show), GLAAD was sending out alerts and warnings about how homophobic it was -- and now, the show is up for a GLAAD media award, or whatever they're called.
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I like the idea of GLAAD. But Calvin's example and few others here make me think the people running it are not doing such a great job.

I know a coerced apology is most likely empty. But a public apology would hopefully make an impression on the impressionable. It's part of not making it ok to use hate speech freely--though I do see the point that we shouldn't be telling people what they can say or think even if we think it's hate speech.
Liverpool Profile PhotoLiverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
do you really think john gibson is going to have a Positive impression on ANYONE? honestly? i mean come on. He could be coerced into to saying that countless positive things about homosexuals,the only people listening would know he's being coerced and would either be fags wanting to hear his coerced statments so they could declare victory or his normal listeners who know what he's saying is coerced and ignore it til he gets back to his regular hate speewing programing.

lets be real JRB, GLAAD hasn't done anything useful in a really long time.
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yes, because all of society can be so easily contained in that nutshell you just presented, Liverpool.

And, I don't need you (of all people) to chide me on me on being real. Did I not say that I agreed that GLAAD was messed up?

But even your statement that it hasn't done anything useful in a really long time supports my assertion that it may not be the idea of GLAAD, but the people who have been running it.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
John Gibson's troglodyte fans had to sit there and listen to his apology.

That's certainly worth my $25 to GLAAD. Makes me love Olbermann more. Makes me want to tie Scarborough up and do dirty things with him and make him tell me what happened to that poor girl whose dead body ended his congressional career.

Is the organization perfect? No. Is any? Do I get angry with them for ass-kissing celebrities? You bet. Do I want them disbanded? Of course not. Is Neil Giuliano hot? Definitely.

And John Gibson will not make a crack like that again.
Updated On: 1/25/08 at 11:45 AM
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
But they give out pretty awards!!!

In the end, GLAAD is really quite irrelevant. What really matters are people outside the gay community calling attention to this hateful comments and forcing others to think about the issue.
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."