Page: 1

Michael Arden love thread

snl89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Michael Arden love thread #1
Posted: 1/20/08 at 10:32pm
So I pretty much just discovered "Bare" like.. yesterday (haha). And although I've vaguely known about Michael for a while now, I'm basically in LOVE with him now. The man has one of the most glorious voices I have ever heard!! And the EASE with which he can just up and belt out a tune like it's nothing... it's absolutely ridiculous. Hearing him sing, I actually start to question whether or not he has any limit to his voice whatsoever! haha

But beyond that, from everything I've seen and heard (which is quite a bit now.. I've pretty much been studying up on all things Michael today hehe), he's also an insanely brilliant actor. Trule, "See Me" is one of the most emotional songs I have ever seen/heard. (And I'm not gay or anything, so I can't even really clame to relate! haha.) Granted part of that must be credited to the poignancy of the song itself, but Michael's performance of it was just... perfect.

Oh and um. Can we say ADORABLE to the EXTREME? <3 *sigh*
I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
Updated On: 1/21/08 at 10:32 PM
snl89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Michael Arden love thread #2
Posted: 1/21/08 at 11:51am
re: Michael Arden love thread

ahem. I just felt the need to post that because. Seriously. CUTIE <33

anyway, no other Arden fans up in here? really? 'Tis sad re: Michael Arden love thread

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
snl89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Michael Arden love thread #2
Posted: 1/31/08 at 12:35pm
one more bump!
Mother's Younger Brother Profile PhotoMother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Mother's Younger Brother
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Michael Arden love thread #3
Posted: 1/31/08 at 3:32pm
Not much to add here, but you've got it right on all counts. Although I've never seen Michael (or 'bare') live, he ACTS a song better than anyone I've heard in years. And he does it effortlessly, with beautiful (though not over-done) diction and tone.

And yes...he IS adorable to the extreme.
snl89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Michael Arden love thread #4
Posted: 2/8/08 at 9:46pm
bump agaaain :)

sorry, I promise I wont bump too much more if no one responds. I just hate to see the thread die so fast
wickedfiyeroofoz Profile Photowickedfiyeroofoz Profile Photo
wickedfiyeroofoz
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Michael Arden love thread #5
Posted: 2/8/08 at 9:54pm
How can they see with sequins in their eyes?
Beergoggles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Michael Arden love thread #6
Posted: 2/8/08 at 10:28pm
his voice is amazing and the expression he gives within the songs... a leg-end!
Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Michael Arden love thread #7
Posted: 2/8/08 at 10:31pm
Yeah. Brendan would have loved him.
South Fl Marc Profile PhotoSouth Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Michael Arden love thread #8
Posted: 2/8/08 at 11:35pm
He's great, I love cute nellie gay boys.
Now living in DC. I really have to change my name on the board.
Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Michael Arden love thread #9
Posted: 2/9/08 at 7:22am
Thanks for that video. What a gorgeous performance.
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
snl89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Michael Arden love thread #10
Posted: 2/9/08 at 5:43pm
That River video was actually the first thing I ever heard of him singing, and by about 40 seconds into the songs I was like "yup, he gets a spot on my list of top 5 favorite voices ever". 40 seconds in. He's just amazing like that :P

yellibean2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Michael Arden love thread #11
Posted: 2/9/08 at 11:24pm
I am totally addicted to Michael Arden. Michael and his cramazing voice are my crack. =D
snl89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Michael Arden love thread #12
Posted: 2/13/08 at 11:16pm
so yeah, I know most people who care have probably already seen this, but:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyv0r501tFs

seriously, why is he so cute??

"'Naked Boys Singing'- never seen it, kinda want to! But I kinda see that like at him every day.. so.." :P

and then of course the follow up to that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0dBy8lIq8Y&feature=related

good thing I thought they were being serious until like the third time I had watched it, when I finally went "OOOOH, they're totally being sarcastic!" hahaha. (And for the record, when Jeffery first put it up, he hadn't explained all of it in the description. I wasn't just being really ignorant and not reading it haha)
Updated On: 2/13/08 at 11:16 PM
uwho
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Michael Arden love thread #13
Posted: 2/23/08 at 11:55pm
Did anybody watch Michael Wednesday night on "Cashmere Mafia"? He was absolutely adorable! If you missed it you can see it on line at abc. I just love him!
East Village  Profile PhotoEast Village  Profile Photo
East Village
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Michael Arden love thread #14
Posted: 2/24/08 at 11:52am
I did catch it and it made me sick. Great, they got one of the most talented actors under 30 -- arguably one of the best living voices on the planet -- and they had him skip, prance and flit his wrists about as an ineffectual gay during fashion week. It's offensive.
snl89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Michael Arden love thread #15
Posted: 2/24/08 at 4:04pm
So you know what's kind of sad?? I think I must have watched the Grey's Anatomy season 2 finale like at LEAST 15 times- not even an exaggeration- and I JUST recently realized who Michael was in it. haha. Granted the minute I watched the full thing KNOWING who he was and looking for him, I totally realized. But just.. you'd think that, considering he is one of the cutest human beings on the planet, and the fact that I very clearly remembered his characters storyline that I would have remembered him! haha. But yeah, for anyone else who may not know- he was the wussy boyfriend who ducked behind his girlfriend when the shooting started. And he was totally adorable, as always :P SO funny. Thank god for that storyline in the midst of all the intensity of that episode.

*goes to watch Cashmere Mafia*

edit: Okay though I agree his unbeleivable talents are pretty much being wasted with a show like that, still, why is he SO CUTE? Omg <3

(oh and um, HI Christine Ebersole and Mary Testa! haha)

Updated On: 2/24/08 at 04:04 PM
snl89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Michael Arden love thread #16
Posted: 3/20/08 at 8:19pm
re: Michael Arden love thread

ahem. I felt that was an appropriatly 100% adorable picture with which to revive this thread re: Michael Arden love thread

his smile makes me so happy it's ridiculous

Updated On: 3/20/08 at 08:19 PM
dalefully Profile Photodalefully Profile Photo
dalefully
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Michael Arden love thread #17
Posted: 3/21/08 at 12:34am
Oh em gee! Cutest picture ever (then again, I say that every time I see a new picture of Michael, so it might just be until the next)...

What do you guys think of Michael on The Return of Jezebel James? Personally I'd definitely like to see more of him, but then again, at least he got more screen time than those 15 seconds or so on Cashmere Mafia...
snl89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Michael Arden love thread #18
Posted: 4/14/08 at 12:54pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rrbvYY4_Mo

YAY another Michael/Jeffrey Self video!

hahahhaa. I love them <3
Updated On: 4/14/08 at 12:54 PM