Page: 1

Conservatives Turn on Mike "I Lurve Murderers" Hucksterbee

PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Conservative writer George Will on ABC's THIS WEEK this morning:

"Huckabee--this week it was learned that he gave more clemencies, one every four days, to convicted criminals in Arkansas--more than the three preceding governors combined, included Bill Clinton."

The Hillary people are hoping Mike will win. If she can be a Comeback Kid and take the nomination away from Obama, they think moderate Republicans will vote for her rather than vote for Hucklebee.
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Huckabee scares the hell out of me.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hillary has the same effect on me Joe.

I do not like Huckabee either by the way.
Poster Emeritus
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Obama scares me. Huckabee scares me. Hillary's not my favorite, but she's the less of the evils.
....but the world goes 'round
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well, I had to endure 2 terms of Bush, it's your turn to suffer, Mr. Roxy!
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
lol
....but the world goes 'round
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yes, indeed it's a good day for the reality-based community.

Huckleberry's aw-shucks outsider demeanor and preacherly oratorical style will only cover for so much of the wackiness of his actual beliefs. If he doesn't have the establishment's blessing however, and clearly, they're not giving him their approval, it's gonna end faster than Howard Dean's scream. You remember him, the last outsider who came from nowhere but didn't get the establishment's blessing.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Taz what's wrong with Barack?

I can say this- I've seen him in action across Illinois for years. When people meet him, or see him in person, they are hooked. I have a nephew who has NEVER voted Democratic who is wild about him and can't wait to vote for him.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
John Cole calls the conservative fear of Huck "The Huckabee Panic":
The Huckabee Panic
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
to me this will only help huck among moderates as they watch the hard core conservatives attack, attack, attack.

you've got conservative bloggers coming out already and saying they will vote democrat if he gets the nomination, it's a real panic all right.

add these attacks on him to his recent assault on bush's foreign policy and i'm betting it helps rather than hinders him.

he is the america not represented on bww. i think the gop waited too long to take him seriously.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Moderate Republicans will never vote for him. He's everything they hate in their party, everything they're sorry it lost.

If he gains enough support among the unwashed, uneducated white-trash voting block, he will finally take the Southern Strategy of Nixon and Reagan to its nightmarish extreme. He will re-create the Grand Old Party into a new party: a theocratic, exclusionary Christianist party that even Karl Rove will fear.

But the moderate Republicans will turn their heads in shame and either not show up to voting booths or vote for a centrist Democrat.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
But papa, the outsider gambit only works for Republicans who are actually insiders. Remember the Connecticut-born, Yale and Harvard attending son of a President who ran as a Washington outsider Texan and won?

Huckleberry is the Dean of this cycle, not the W.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I guess they'd have been happier if he'd fried them, the way G. W. did.
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
they will not vote democrat, pj. they might sit home, maybe. but the ones who usually sit home are the evangelicals (a la '06) and they'll be out in force for the pastor.

i really hope you're right, namo, because if he gets the nod, he's not dean or dubya but carter with a sprinkling of reagan (thanks to ed rollins).
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective