Page: 1

eh, at least he lost the combover...c'mere, rudy, i guess it's u 'n me, pal

papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
since i have little or no hope of the huckster refuting his 1992 comment about quarantining AIDS patients, i guess it's me and the cross-dressing adulterer.

sh*t.

huck's still gonna win the whole damn thing, but i am off the bandwagon, or the medicine show wagon or the tent revival or whatever the f*ck we're calling his campaign.

my enthusiasm for the '08 campaign wanes already.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Updated On: 12/8/07 at 07:15 PM
iHeartMyGeek Profile PhotoiHeartMyGeek Profile Photo
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
*blink*

Could it be? A republican with...integrity? My brain can't process this...I need to re-evaluate my life.
"I can't figure out what kind of life this is, comedy or tragedy, I just know it's showbiz. And what if I don't agree with the lines I have to read? They don't pay me enough, the way I see it."
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i'd like to think i'm not the only one.

i'd like to.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
RadiGal2 Profile PhotoRadiGal2 Profile Photo
RadiGal2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm sorry for your suffering papa...I feel your pain...not that on my side of the battle lines elfin Denny could ever secure the nomination anyway, but the whole UFO thing just sent me in a shame spiral ..now even my primary vote is up for grabs.
"I'm a one-eyed Mormon Democrat from conservative Arizona, and you can't have a higher handicap than that." ~The ever-great and fabulous Morris K. Udall.
JerseyGirl2 Profile PhotoJerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I am very proud of you, Papa.
Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
yeah, rad, i think more than a few read that one and thought, "well, maybe...no, sh*t. dammit, dennis!"

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

RadiGal2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I just finished the HBO documentary Mr. Conservative about Barry Goldwater - - sometimes I am so relieved that both he and Mo Udall have passed on --- not often though, the world was a better place with them in it. I count myself as incredibly lucky to have grown up with these two men representing my state. They were both honorable, they loved this state, they respected their constituents and each other and most importantly ...they were hysterically funny people.
"I'm a one-eyed Mormon Democrat from conservative Arizona, and you can't have a higher handicap than that." ~The ever-great and fabulous Morris K. Udall.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i felt the same way with jimmy traficant as my congressman.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

RadiGal2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not an AuH20 fan?
I find that odd.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
most of his run was before my time.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

JustAGuy Profile PhotoJustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Kucinich isn't the only politician who claims to have seen a UFO. The late President Reagan was also among those who claimed to have had an encounter, when he was Governor of California.

"One week after the sighting, Reagan related the story to Norman C. Millar, then Washington Bureau chief for the Wall Street Journal, later the editor of the Los Angeles Times. Reagan told Millar:

"I was in a plane last week when I looked out the window and saw this white light. It was zigzagging around. I went up to the pilot and said, ‘Have you seen anything like that before?’ He was shocked and said, ‘Nope.’ And I said to him: ‘Let’s follow it!’

We followed it for several minutes. It was a bright white light. We followed it to Bakersfield, and all of a sudden to our utter amazement it went straight up into the heavens. When we got off the plane, I told Nancy all about it.’

The pilot of Governor Reagan plane was Bill Paynter, and he backed up Reagan’s version of the incident with the UFO.

I was the pilot of the plane when we saw the UFO. Also, on board were Governor Reagan and a couple of his security people. We were flying a Cessna Citation. It was maybe nine or ten o’clock at night. We were near Bakersfield when Governor Reagan and the others called my attention to a big light flying a bit behind the plane.

It appeared to be several hundred yards away. It was a fairly steady light until it began to accelerate, then it appeared to elongate. The light took off. It went up at a 45-degree angle - at a high rate of speed. Everyone on the plane was surprised.

Governor Reagan expressed amazement. I told the others I didn’t know what it was. The UFO went from a normal cruise speed to a fantastic speed instantly. If you give an airplane power it will accelerate - but not like a hotrod, and that is what this was like.

We didn’t file a report on the object because for a long time they considered you a nut if you saw a UFO."

"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett
Updated On: 12/8/07 at 08:47 PM
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
he was also the gipper, not an elf.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I loved Barry. Met him, knew him - and there should be more like him.

And his grandson - but I digress.
RadiGal2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Conscience of a Conservative should be required reading for this new crop of Republicans...it's a good read.
JustAGuy Profile PhotoJustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"he was also the gipper, not an elf."

Don't disparage the elves, Papa. They're the ones that make your Christmas toys! What the hell does a gipper do?
"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
yeah, true. but hey, anytime i can slip in a nd reference this year it's all good as it reminds me of their beautiful 3-9 season this year and i get all warm and fuzzy.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

RadiGal2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
DG -- I only ever got to meet him once in person, but I made every effort to attend numerous events where growing up. Mo was my congressman so I saw him all the time...unfortunately never had the opportunity to work for him, the staff closed ranks by then because Parkinson's was taking such a toll by 1988 both mentally and physically--- I was ultimately sent to the DeConcini campaign, not exactly my dream post...